Bosch Security
www.boschsecurity.com Fairport, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Bosch Security Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2014
Bosch Security – US – “Tech talk 2000”

Bosch Security CEO Volkmer Denner

Volkmer Denner

Pros:
  • "Work culture is very good, environment is awesome"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Work life balance is certainly available in this company"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "The German way was the only way"
    in 4 reviews
  • "They have no room for flexibility and do not believe in empowerment or trust of employees"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

You should intern here

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsMany of the people I met have worked there for two or three decades. Bosch seems to take care of their employees and make it a stable place to work. As an intern, I was impressed with the rate of pay and the richness of the opportunities you're given during your time there.

ConsThe section of Bosch that I worked in was very busy, almost too busy. That means at times an intern can be lost in the shuffle.

To many audits and processes, hinders progress

Fairport, NY

ProsA lot of really good people work there. Every cares about the company. Good benefits and good pay.

ConsThe company is ruled with an iron fist. A lot of internal audits. It seems like they are always looking for ways to slap you on the wrist.

Big Company with a small company feel, for the most part.

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Fairport, NY

ProsEstablished culture and a nice working environment. A nice mix of people.

ConsSometimes had the "old boy club" atmosphere. Senior managers would leave the company, and then often return to assume similar duties. At times a little impersonal. You never knew what was going on at a corporate level. Some strangely timed staffing reductions. Never really felt like there was much chance for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that a huge corporation needs to try to relate to all employees directly, not just the local executive management.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Each Bosch location might be different.

Design Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBig company = Stability and potential job growth. Also they have an established work culture and management system, which is usually a good thing. Each Bosch location might be different, I did NOT work for this company in NY, I was at another of their locations in the USA.

ConsI saw no "cons" that were not just a basic part of being a huge corporation; in other words, nothing worth mentioning. Just the usual big ships can not turn on a dime type of thing.

Process and procedure driven company, no room for common sense.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Bethlehem, PA

ProsWork places are adequate, some facilities are better than others, but overall Bosch provides a safe work environment.

ConsManagement is out of touch of the needs of the "grunt" workers, more emphasis placed on knowing Bosch procedures and processes rather than knowledge of a job or discipline. There is little to no opportunity for advancement outside of engineering disciplines, and there is little to no care about associate advancement from most managers. Most managers with direct reports do not have the proper soft skills to manage people, much more emphasis on managing projects and resources (associates are treated as resources rather than people).

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are too many levels of management and too many approvers, for example it takes at least three different people to approve a cost of $10.00 and then at least two other people to place the order. Associates are not empowered and there is no room for different ideas.

Marketing Intern

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, Good environment and people, got to travel with them to tradeshows out of state

ConsI really enjoyed working here. No advancement opportunities in my line of work

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, keep up the good work!

Welcoming and warm environment with eager employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are amazing and quite intelligent. Corporate identity is not only centered around profit, but, additionally, community. It was easy to wake up in the morning and be happy to go to work. Upward movement is ever-present and encouraged.

ConsClose quarters means every person knows everything about everyone.

Supply Chain Intern

Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee)
    New Richmond, WI

ProsWonderful people and environment. Lots of freedom to allow you to explore and learn. People from different department are very engaging towards all your questions and tasks.

ConsIt is in a small town, it worked out perfect for me, I love the atmosphere, but it might not be for everybody.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is perfect for me. Love the time there. Definitely learned a lot.

Product development engineer

Prosgreat people
    a lot of products and challenges
    cross functional work
    involve in several engineering diciplines

ConsNo grow
    extremely high workload
    no training

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on you people and quality instead of OTD

Garbage

Shipping (Current Employee)
    Peoria, IL

ProsNone. Unless you live in a cave and are starving. If not, go somewhere else.

ConsPure human trash is what this company is. Arrogant management, bad management, horrible HR dept., horrible work hours, not enough family time, rules changing at a constant pace,

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice to give to you people. You are too arrogant to listen to reason. We have tried, we have done your surveys, we done all your BS. Your company is trash and so is your product. I cannot wait to leave your miserable place of employment. I would rather (and will) work part time somewhere else. If I could give this zero starts I would. Or maybe even negative stars.

Worked for Bosch Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bosch Security reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bosch Security CEO Volkmer Denner. All 71 reviews posted anonymously by Bosch Security employees.