Bosch Security Reviews

80 reviews filtered by
3.6
Bosch Security CEO Volkmar Denner
Volkmar Denner

Pros
  • Work culture is very good, environment is awesome (in 6 reviews)

• One can learn a lot, good career growth, very professionally run, systems in place, very compliant, good employee relationships, steady company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The German way was the only way (in 4 reviews)

Bosch is a great place to work.

I worked at Bosch Security (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a very people friendly company. The work atmosphere is very friendly and professional at the same time. I would recommend this company.

Cons

Being a larger corporation, one never really knows how decisions are made, especially if you work in the trenches. How new product ideas come about is still a mystery to me.

There should be a better road map of what new products should be.

2. Disappointed with supervisor

I worked at Bosch Security

Pros

Good company that makes a good product. Willing to put people where they are needed. Bosch takes the long view when making product decisions.

Cons

company structure tends to be heavy in management and not enough personnel in the trenches doing the heavy work. This can cause problems with meeting deadlines.

Keep a closer eye on management for their capability to effectively manage personnel.

3. Unfairness discrimination

Former Contractor - Office Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Contractor - Office Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Bosch Security as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I do not have any pros that I can consider at this time for this company. I didn't believe in the company when I first got there but.....

Cons

Discrimination unfair treatment bias favoritism. The company needs to get management to relate to employees that out currently working in the office. Lack of leadership skills poor judgement and failure to relate to direct employees . Do not use German employees as head of office in North America. German heads are not aware of the EEOC guidelines and protection for American employees. Do not want to become aware of these guidelines and refused to adhere to the guidelines as well. Believe there is no training for leadership only select by documentation such as a degree in a field that they have no such need for.

To management please select carefully when heads opening a new office to ensure that the person is aware of all the EEOC guidelines. Also aware of law that protect Americans in America while workings in environment ..

5. Stability

I have been working at Bosch Security

Pros

stable work environment, very predictable

Cons

risk averse, not a market leader

get closer to customer

Very Nice

I have been working at Bosch Security full-time

Pros

very relaxed atmosphere, everyone is willing to help out. You can learn a lot if you volunteer to do side projects.

Cons

The company is reorganizing, so things are kind of crazy right now.

Non that i can think of, they are really laid back, and still job focused. its funny mix, but it works amazingly.

To many audits and processes, hinders progress

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

I have been working at Bosch Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of really good people work there. Every cares about the company. Good benefits and good pay.

Cons

The company is ruled with an iron fist. A lot of internal audits. It seems like they are always looking for ways to slap you on the wrist.

You should intern here

Current Employee - Marketing Intern
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern

I have been working at Bosch Security part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Many of the people I met have worked there for two or three decades. Bosch seems to take care of their employees and make it a stable place to work. As an intern, I was impressed with the rate of pay and the richness of the opportunities you're given during your time there.

Cons

The section of Bosch that I worked in was very busy, almost too busy. That means at times an intern can be lost in the shuffle.

Big Company with a small company feel, for the most part.

Former Employee - Engineer in Fairport, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fairport, NY

I worked at Bosch Security full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Established culture and a nice working environment. A nice mix of people.

Cons

Sometimes had the "old boy club" atmosphere. Senior managers would leave the company, and then often return to assume similar duties. At times a little impersonal. You never knew what was going on at a corporate level. Some strangely timed staffing reductions. Never really felt like there was much chance for advancement.

Remember that a huge corporation needs to try to relate to all employees directly, not just the local executive management.

Each Bosch location might be different.

Former Employee - Design Engineer
    Former Employee - Design Engineer

I worked at Bosch Security full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big company = Stability and potential job growth. Also they have an established work culture and management system, which is usually a good thing. Each Bosch location might be different, I did NOT work for this company in NY, I was at another of their locations in the USA.

Cons

I saw no "cons" that were not just a basic part of being a huge corporation; in other words, nothing worth mentioning. Just the usual big ships can not turn on a dime type of thing.

Process and procedure driven company, no room for common sense.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Bosch Security full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work places are adequate, some facilities are better than others, but overall Bosch provides a safe work environment.

Cons

Management is out of touch of the needs of the "grunt" workers, more emphasis placed on knowing Bosch procedures and processes rather than knowledge of a job or discipline. There is little to no opportunity for advancement outside of engineering disciplines, and there is little to no care about associate advancement from most managers. Most managers with direct reports do not have the proper soft skills to manage people, much more emphasis on managing projects and resources (associates are treated as resources rather than people).

There are too many levels of management and too many approvers, for example it takes at least three different people to approve a cost of $10.00 and then at least two other people to place the order. Associates are not empowered and there is no room for different ideas.

Bosch Security Photos