Bose

www.bose.com

Bose Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Bose – Framingham – “R&D building on "the Mountain"”

Bose Chairman and CEO Amar G. Bose

Amar G. Bose

Pros
  • Good work/life balance most of the time(in 19 reviews)

• The work environment is such that everyone puts in a 110% effort at work(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Unfortunately, not all middle management takes that to heart(in 9 reviews)

• Goals are sometimes unrealistic, but the upper management owns up to it when it happens(in 7 reviews)

its positive is also its negative

Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgreat products
    great employees
    Bose employees are here for a long time , many 15-20 year veterans
    s

ConsBose as a company is going through many many changes at this moment
    the current infrastructure was built on the knowledge / ideas of people who were promoted over these 15-20 years where ideas / directions and solutions came from within
    shifting Bose to the next level means brining in people with a broader set of experiences and know how , but sometimes it it very difficult to shift the goal posts once such an infrastructure has been created
    difficult work life balance for some people within the organization

Relaxed work environment...too relaxed.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsTONS of downtime.

Corporate training module designed to really prepare you for your job.

Decent pay for the amount of work you'll do.

Excellent discounts on product.

ConsRaises are awful, you'll be lucky to get 1-2% per year.

Corporate is more interested in their agenda than their people. This wasn't the case 10+ years ago but the corporate mentality has changed.

Products are generally behind the times. Bose used to be a leader in technology, now it waits until the technology is commonplace before introducing it into their products.

No consistency between divisions of the company. The store can trade in your damaged product for one price, but you can almost guarantee that if you call tech support, you'll pay less.

Opportunities for promotion are few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent! If PTS offers a trade for one price, make that THE price so that customers don't get angry thinking the store staff is trying to screw them.

Stand behind your loyal employees! Don't be afraid to stand up to a rude customer or a terrible employee to back up a consistently good and moral employee.

Be a leader in technology again! If you want to compete with Beats and so on, you need to be willing to take risks and introduce cutting edge technology.

Great place to work

ProsFriendly laid back environment. One of the best places I have ever worked.

Consnone that I can think of.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company but too much interference from head office

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsFun workplace, great pay and benefits, good reputation, fun products. Nice atmosphere and store layouts lends to a high-end feel. Great colleagues and store management.

ConsOverpriced products hinder sales growth when there are similar or better products on the market for less money. Store management have little control on what goes on n their stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive store management more control over their store. We know what is right for OUR customers.

Laid back atmosphere, very low growth opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsLaid back atmosphere for the most part. Benefits include employee discount policy. Light working environment and no work overload.

ConsCompany moves at a snails pace, management inefficient and is hiring poor.
    Pay is very little with small raises annually.

Good Place to Work

Plastic Engineer IV (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsGreat Company legacy. Great Work place. close to Boston.
    great to products. Great Technology.

ConsCold weather. separated buildings. Parking problem. Cold weather. separated buildings. Parking problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are good . I have nothing to say

Never

Never (Former Employee) Never (Russia)

ProsNever “Great job to have for students who are biding their time until a real job is found”

ConsNever The company is reactionary to issues, not proactive.

Wonderful Company

Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat Culture..Really understanding management, cool working environment.

ConsNot that great a pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to take a look at the payscale..

Productive

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Blythewood, SC

ProsWhen I worked at Bose we use to take test to get raises and promotions that was a good incentive.

ConsThey change the way they did the tempory employees just moved them from department to department after they had been train well in one.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees more.

Industrial Design Intern

Industrial Design Intern (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsReally nice people and a relaxed work environment. Bose is not a publicly traded company so there are no pushes and deadlines like you see at other, publicly traded companies who have quarterly goals etc. That being said everyone works very hard and the creative process is very valued.

ConsKnowledge of Pro-E isn't required but is "nice to have". Dress code is a bit stiff for what the usual industrial designer is used to...though it's not an issue.

Worked for Bose? Contribute to the Community!