Bose Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Sales Specialist

I worked at Bose full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is looks and sounds great. Demoing is simple because product speaks for itself literally. Easy to sell these speakers.

Cons

Retail sucks! When it is slow, it is very slow. Price is way to high for the tech knowledge that the product supports. They low ball their associates in pay and commission

Advice to Management

Stop being so selfish

Love it here

I have been working at Bose part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Huge amount of room for growth and opportunities to move within the comany , excellent management, great environment, and the most accepting and relaxed to work in. I worked at one of Bose's corporate buildings for a year and a half and loved it, nicest people in the world. I also worked at a retail store for Bose and there as well had a ton of fun. Very enjoyable coworkers and the discount is more than fair!

Also at the corp building I loved that heads of the company and basic management were always sending emails thanking us and saying how good of a job we are doing. They even would pay to put us in a hotel overnight if it was snowing badly.

Cons

It was kinda looked down upon if you couldn't stay late

Loved it

I worked at Bose

Pros

Like family, you spend more time with the people you work with. Most are good people to work with daily.

Cons

Moving manufacturing to Mexico, have to train them to do what we do. Sorry to see it leave the states

Peter Principle

I worked at Bose full-time

Pros

Lots of nice people, lots of challenging work to do. Used to feel like a "family company" just a few years ago - with people of all ages. Employees used to stay 15-20-30 years, so the company was doing something right.

Cons

This used to be a great place to work - even in IT! It has changed in lots of negative ways - especially by promotion of bosses pets into management. These people have no idea how to manage, and their bosses don't either. Unfortunate.

Advice to Management

Train and manage your managers. Stop laying off everyone over 45 or 50 - you're letting all that institutional knowledge walk out the door. Practice what you preach - values and integrity cut both ways. Focus on employees as valuable - not just 30% growth every year!

6. Great product - tainted management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Bose part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful product at 40% discount

Cons

Treat you as inferior person, expected to perform without equipping employees, toxic culture with gossip in management, management emotionally unstable with explosive outbursts, online computer based training, short term result all revenue focused, take advantage of senior customers, insecure leadership, high ego, short shifts for 5 hours at 11/ hour, managers dating each other....manipulative management in reviews... high level of attrition..

7. One of the most unique companies in the world

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Bose full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent culture and a focus on the customer, not "winning" or "competing" as with so many other companies.

Cons

Not a very good level of focus towards a common mission

8. Great Company

I worked at Bose full-time

Pros

The best company to work for. Benefits start at day one on the job. Advancement is great.

Cons

Company is closing in the South Carolina area.

Advice to Management

Great company!

Product and Technical Support Specialist III

I have been working at Bose

Pros

Good development opportunities and a fun working environment, albeit in a call center that is very metric driven. Excellent spirit of innovation and collaboration exists on a daily basis.

Cons

Very poor compensation. I have been working here for almost 8 years and I am still making less than 50k. Because of this, I am seriously considering leaving what is otherwise a great environment to be in. Career advancement is also extremely slow. I have expressed an interest in taking on additional responsibility, which I have received, but I have not been able to move into a different job and have only had one accepted interview in my time here.

Advice to Management

Managers need to do a better job of acknowledging good work. They tend to only pick out things when they are not done correctly.

10. Engineer

Current Employee - Test Development Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Test Development Engineer in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Bose (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting and varied projects to work on

Cons

Not a lot of advancement

Sad to say the company has change!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Bose full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I used to love this company because they cared for their employees! Since Dr. Bose passing the company is going downhill. If you work in the Texas area good luck on moving up! If the District Manager likes you, you are in good hands even if you know nothing about the job! You can be the best in your store, but if he doesn't like you, you are out of luck!

Cons

No support from higher ups when it comes to the store.
    Management keeps pushing store managers to give more of their time but fail to follow their own advice!
    They want leaders but they themselves are not leaders.
    It is sad to say that they will only promote because you can talk out of your head not because you know how to do the job.

Advice to Management

I have seen store managers sacrifice time away from their families just to meet their store goals. Please give some support when store are struggling. Watch the turnover in specific districts, half the time the district manager could care less of your struggle. He focuses more on the people he likes! Definitely favoritism.

RSS Feed </> Embed