Bostik Reviews

Bernard Pinatel

great family style company

Current Employee - Senior CHEMIST  in  Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Senior CHEMIST in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Bostik full-time for less than a year

Pros

collegaue are friendly; flexible working hours; good benefit; The management likes to share most info with the employees

Cons

lack of room for promotion; low increase for salary; low matching rate of 401k. unwilling to spend more money on updating equipment

Use to be extremely well run and a great place work. Not anymore.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Bostik full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Spent $15 million on new Wauwatosa facility. Hired many new people for these offices. They just need to get some experience.

Cons

Management has become set in their ways. They have been around too long and reluctant to change. Often come up with an initiative but never follow through with it. Way to many meetings to discuss internal issues but rarely correct the problem. Many silos and leaky pipes.

Don't just say you want to listen to the customer but actually do it. Create a culture where employees are encouraged to make suggestions.

Business Development Manager

Former Employee - Technical Manager  in  Middleton, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Middleton, MA

I worked at Bostik full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great benefits and great people, work life balance, not your father's or grandfathers Bostik, long term vision may be questionable and consolidation may continue in the near future

Cons

Heavily centralized and overly beauracratic, after the 2009 recession it took too many years for the company to re-establish its identity

listen to divisional leadership. Corporate management isnt the only part of the organization with excellent revenue generation ideas

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved my job. It was the best and the people that I worked with were just great. We were like a family.

Former Employee - Lab Administration  in  Middleton, MA
    Former Employee - Lab Administration in Middleton, MA

I worked at Bostik full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The department I worked in had the team spirit and was a wonderful group to work with.

Cons

Unfortunately R&D was relocated and they lost very talented people.

Upper management is where the positions were relocated and I have no nice words for them,

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Bostik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture
    Easy to work for

Cons

Not much room for advancement from the bottom
    Plants are staffed thin

Continue to develop from within

People with great potential under hit & miss management.

Former Employee - R&D Technician  in  Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - R&D Technician in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Bostik full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A steady line of work making world changing adhesive formulas that potentially affect global markets and products. It's great to point to products being produced around the world that use our adhesives in innovative ways developed in a metal cup on a benchtop where I work. It will always be hard to outsource innovation to foreign companies. Usually adhesives can be replaced, but a few have a nice long run that brings in steady business.

Cons

Company has moved away from innovation toward mainstream product lines instead of holding fast to the one area that can't be transferred to cheaper labor pools, fast development and innovative technologies. The company has not made efforts to grow it's employees abilities or tap into it's strengths. Too much dependence on top down management that gets excited about people with advanced degrees.

Dump the top down product development efforts. One failure after another. Get ideas on new markets from employees doing their shopping. Brainstorm new uses for products and stop chasing established markets. Instead of seeking presidential size markets grow new grassroots markets from scratch.

Experience working as a Planner/Buyer for sealants & Urethanes at Bostik Conyers

Current Employee - Buyer Planner  in  Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Buyer Planner in Conyers, GA

I have been working at Bostik full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people who work well together, company at the plant level is not afraid to embrace or make changes.

Cons

Everyone comes up with great ideas for change and talks about them coming to a consensus but a pin-point person is often not designated to make the changes. Changes come about slowly and the same problem is often discussed months down the road to have to be addressed again and again. If issues with mistake are blame come about people are often "thrown under the bus" with little to no support.

Support your people and understand all the aspects that go into the jobs and know what each person does for the company. Support your employees when mistakes are made and back them with your support, don't use them as a scapegoat for others mistakes or lack of communication.

I enjoyed my time there, especially the team approach with my peers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Bostik

Pros

The benefits are excellent, especially the profit sharing.
    The work environment is generally pleasant.
    The company is well respected in the market place.

Cons

The company is still in a cost cutting mode and additional staff reductions are still possible.
    Upper management doesn't value the sales organization as much as they should.

In order for Bostik to grow they will need to get their manufacturing operations in order and devote more manpower to sales and marketing in order to see both sales and profits grow.

Bostik a good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Bostik

Pros

Fair company, ability to express yourself, excellent product quality, excellent service, upper management support for employee recognition. Company takes care of its employees and is very family oriented. Provides training in your job area whether it is sales, manaufacturing, finanace, etc.

Cons

Lack of complete processes to support business growth and improvement, lack of bench strength for peopple development.

Processes can be improved, need to improve the bench strength of the employees for future growth, commit to future gorwth of the company, improve the global infastructure to take advantage of the growing global market place.

Sticking with Bostik is Worthwhile

Current Employee - Chemist
    Current Employee - Chemist

I have been working at Bostik

Pros

The company is on the leading edge technologically in many of its adhesive areas. The different functions within a division generally communicate well with each other. Overall, there is an atmosphere of respect for individuals, though with some areas representing that differently than others. The competencies within the adhesive business are sufficiently spread out that when one market are is doing poorly, others can usually take up the slack leading to health of the company as a whole. Development projects can be funded by the French oil company, Total, if you can push them high enough up the ladder.

Cons

There is little communication between divisions or internationally, presenting road-blocks to idea transfer. There are ongoing efforts to improve the situation, but it's slow. We run very lean in terms of people so there are not always opportunities for movement or advancement.

Worked for Bostik? Contribute to the Community!