Boston Consulting Group

Boston Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Boston Consulting Group President and CEO Rich Lesser

Rich Lesser

Pros
  • Great work life-balance on most days (just make sure you get the right manager)(in 25 reviews)

• You will work with very smart people and learn about different industries(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance stinks, variability of assignments has some cons(in 113 reviews)

• Undefined project scope are becoming more common, resulting in long hours of work(in 80 reviews)

Consultant

Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsA super transparent company, you know where you stand, what you are good at and what you need to work on. You will always have the tools and support to succeed. The best co-workers ever ! So smart, friendly, engaging, diverse. The company takes care of you bigtime. Excellent benefits and perks.

ConsLong hours, unpredictable case assignments, travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work to make consultants happy and engaged!

Great experience with many different challenges. Learned to work with many Fortune 50 company C-suite personnel.

Project Leader (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsRapid business education that forces you to be structured, rigorous, and nimble in thinking. Broad range of projects from consumer insight, healthcare, and even academic partnership.

ConsVery few role models at Partner level and above. Was repeatedly forced to choose between work and family - caused me much personal consternation with myself and decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease reward and promote to Partner only those with true goodness and moral backbone. Many times I felt "exceptions" were made because an individual was able to bring in so much revenue but a blind eye was turned to serious character flaws.

Principal

ProsExcellent people, unbelievable people development, interesting work

ConsLast minute client requests reduce control of schedule

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant at BCG

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic culture. Interesting and challenging work.

Consgreat place to work - no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Great place to work

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsOutstanding people and opportunities to progress

ConsLong hours and demanding schedule

Great people, amazing work though difficult work/life balance

Project Leader (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsServing CEO-level agenda at world's largest companies and getting to work with amazingly smart people. In just a few years I've learned what would have taking me 5+ year in industry

ConsAs with all strategy consulting firms findings work/life balance can be challenging, though BCG does work hard to make it as sustainable as possible

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to monitor people's burn rate as a means to lower attrition

Senior International Accountant

ProsGreat place to work, I never knew that companies like this exist. People are at the top of there game.

ConsNothing, there is nothing Con to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the same track that your on.

Great benefits but little opportunity for growth on the admin side

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat benefits, location and promote a friendly atmosphere.

ConsIf you are not a Consultant you are not seen a important part of the company. Little to no training opportunties unless you are on the Consultant side of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep your BST staff happy as well. THey keep the business running as well. You have lost many great people due to lack of promoting from within for the Admin staff.

Business services office is a great place to start a career

Intern (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFriendly people, great work environment, free breakfast, emphasis on training and professional development, accessible and amicable HR contacts for interviewing & employment periods

ConsNot a lot of space. Freelancer pay not up to industry standard.

Demanding job with lots of benefits

ProsIncredibly talented coworkers with diverse backgrounds. Strong pay and tremendous benefits. Firm invests in its people. International opportunities.

ConsVery long working hours, often weekends. Limited control over workload. Some variation in quality of managers. Weekly travel often required to less desirable destinations.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider early promotions, especially for APCs. Provide more vacation time in the US or consider 90% plans with opportunity to take more vacation.

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!