Boston Consulting Group

Boston Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Boston Consulting Group President and CEO Rich Lesser

Rich Lesser

Pros
  • Great work life-balance on most days (just make sure you get the right manager)(in 25 reviews)

• You will work with very smart people and learn about different industries(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance stinks, variability of assignments has some cons(in 113 reviews)

• Undefined project scope are becoming more common, resulting in long hours of work(in 80 reviews)

Consultant

Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsA super transparent company, you know where you stand, what you are good at and what you need to work on. You will always have the tools and support to succeed. The best co-workers ever ! So smart, friendly, engaging, diverse. The company takes care of you bigtime. Excellent benefits and perks.

ConsLong hours, unpredictable case assignments, travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work to make consultants happy and engaged!

Principal

ProsExcellent people, unbelievable people development, interesting work

ConsLast minute client requests reduce control of schedule

Consultant at BCG

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic culture. Interesting and challenging work.

Consgreat place to work - no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job

ProsLots of fun
    ideal for youngsters
    travel a lot

ConsBusy busy
    life work balance not that good

Great Culture

Management Consultant (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsExcellent personal development, cross sector, global exposure, working with people who are smart and who would want to hang out with after work

ConsDepending on your stage in life, hours can be long.

Great place to work

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsOutstanding people and opportunities to progress

ConsLong hours and demanding schedule

A powerhouse of business insight and intellectuality

Associate (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsYou gain an incredibly vast and deep understanding of whatever industry you're working with, and this changes every project. The timeline for each case is extremely short, meaning you're constantly being pushed to deliver impactful results.

ConsYou'll find that a lot of the time you will be working late to finish the work you've been tasked to do, and clients may be unreasonable regarding working hours/schedules. However, there is a solid support scheme for employees, meaning the necessary assistance will be provided when the work environment reaches a stressful level.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps consider the timeline at which projects are sold, to ensure the team can deliver results of optimal quality to the clients. one mustn't forget that, despite it seeming otherwise during the case, it is always possible to acquire more time.

Senior International Accountant

ProsGreat place to work, I never knew that companies like this exist. People are at the top of there game.

ConsNothing, there is nothing Con to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the same track that your on.

Demanding job with lots of benefits

ProsIncredibly talented coworkers with diverse backgrounds. Strong pay and tremendous benefits. Firm invests in its people. International opportunities.

ConsVery long working hours, often weekends. Limited control over workload. Some variation in quality of managers. Weekly travel often required to less desirable destinations.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider early promotions, especially for APCs. Provide more vacation time in the US or consider 90% plans with opportunity to take more vacation.

Business services office is a great place to start a career

Intern (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFriendly people, great work environment, free breakfast, emphasis on training and professional development, accessible and amicable HR contacts for interviewing & employment periods

ConsNot a lot of space. Freelancer pay not up to industry standard.

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!