Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program

Updated April 16, 2014
Updated April 16, 2014
3.7

Barry Bock

Solid and ennoyable place to work

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice and very caring people. Good mission. Nice benefits.

Cons

If you are a case manager there is definitely a ceiling, but that's to be expected. The only real upward mobility is for medical professionals (doctors, PAs, NPs).

Mission-driven, supportive environment

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Boston, MA

Pros

This is a great place to work for several reasons. First, you know that the work you are doing is contributing to an important mission. Second, it is a collegial environment where you are always supported and always learning.

Cons

I found the work hours to be long in my role. There was little ability to control your day in terms of what time you would leave at the end. I often found myself taking work home.

Mission based work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program full-time

Pros

Proactive care for those who are homeless in Boston. They value their mission and work diligently to fulfill it.

Cons

This is challenging work that requires skill, dedication, and patience. The focus is specifically to provide access to health care.

Worked for Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program? Contribute to the Community!