Boston Interactive Reviews

Chuck Murphy

Diamond in the Rough

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Interactive as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I’ve consulted at several agencies in the New England area. By comparison, Boston Interactive has by far the best culture and nicest people. The work is cutting edge and exciting as they tend to attract larger brands across all verticals. The office space is newly renovated and the building offers a gym, cafeteria and shuttle service to the T. The best part about BI is they’re still growing so room for potential and new opportunities are on the horizon.

Cons

The traffic is a bit congested due to summer construction on the roads, but once you learn the short cuts, it’s easier to navigate your way home.

Keep pushing the team to produce innovative work and continue to provide the support and tools they need to stay ahead of the curve.

An agency that truly focuses on Customer Satisfaction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Boston Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Process oriented and task focused. Everything is focused on the client experience and success. Plenty of room to grow and the office is expanding. Company focuses on the things they do well vs. spreading themselves too thin and trying to do everything. Summer hours are a real benefit.

Cons

Location is a little tough, but once the construction is done in Charlestown, it should bet better.

Continue to stay focused on the customers success and deliver unique and functional web sites and designs.

Look closely at the picture

Current Employee - Developer  in  Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Developer in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Boston Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location, working environment, clients, lowly co-workers

Cons

The picture shows almost exactly what it is like to work there. The CEO is seated "above" everyone and doesn't care about their opinion or thoughts. He talks to the CTO who is directly across from him at the table. But if you aren't one of those people you're nobody. Also if you're gay, fat or ugly you will not be hired.

Quit.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable company with room for improvement

I have been working at Boston Interactive

Pros

Boston interactive is a very stable company with a solid pipeline of work. Employees are friendly and well-intentioned. It's a nice place to work.

Cons

There is a lot of work on sites that are along the lines of B2B pharma brochure sites....not very exciting or complex. Also, when people choose to leave, it's sometimes treated as a betrayal, which is disturbing and unrealistic (people leave! It's ok!).

Chase more interesting work. Don't rely only on B2B--it can make for a very boring workstream for your employees. And cherish your alumni: people leave, and it's okay to acknowledge that your company isn't a forever home. Favorably inclined alumni can bring you business. Don't alienate them. Instead, be proud that they're continuing to succeed elsewhere. It can only reflect well on BI.

A great place to work for entry-level developers who want to learn and prove themselves.

Former Employee - Developer  in  Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Developer in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Boston Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and culture. Fun environment.

Cons

Repetitive work - lots of similar projects. Not the fairest salaries.

Recognize the worth of the people you employ and offer better salaries.

The team is like a supportive family - we work hard, play hard, respect and support eachother.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Interactive

Pros

Our CEO really cares about our happiness and morale - as we grow as a company, he continues to grow as well, learning new ways to support the bigger team. He works hard to enable and facilitate our success, communicate about where we are going as a company, how we are doing overall, and ensure that we feel that our jobs are stable in this up and down economy. He is great at finding that balance for everyone in terms of - do you have what you need from us and your job to be happy here, and are we getting what we need from you to be successful and move forward as a company?

Cons

about 1/3 rd of our 25 or so employees commute from outside of the city, and the company does not currently support any sort of work remotely policy, even though many of the employees could successfully do their jobs that way at least one day a week.

Continue to communicate, continue to let people know (when applicable) they are valuable and are doing a good job, and continue to plan company activities to bring the team closer together! In a team environment, trust, honesty, communication, collaboration, and a collective passion for what we do is so important and must be continuously communicated and supported.

A generally good place to work.

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Interactive

Pros

Interesting work, always challenged, learning new technologies.

Cons

Occasionally difficult to work with customers.

Keep growing steadily and focus on the long term.

Worked for Boston Interactive? Contribute to the Community!