Boston Interactive
www.bostoninteractive.com Charlestown, MA 16 to 50 Employees

Boston Interactive Reviews

Boston Interactive – US – “Town Hall Meeting”

Chuck Murphy

A great place to work for entry-level developers who want to learn and prove themselves.

Developer (Former Employee)
    Charlestown, MA

ProsGreat people and culture. Fun environment.

ConsRepetitive work - lots of similar projects. Not the fairest salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the worth of the people you employ and offer better salaries.

Look closely at the picture

Developer (Current Employee)
    Charlestown, MA

ProsLocation, working environment, clients, lowly co-workers

ConsThe picture shows almost exactly what it is like to work there. The CEO is seated "above" everyone and doesn't care about their opinion or thoughts. He talks to the CTO who is directly across from him at the table. But if you aren't one of those people you're nobody. Also if you're gay, fat or ugly you will not be hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Stable company with room for improvement

ProsBoston interactive is a very stable company with a solid pipeline of work. Employees are friendly and well-intentioned. It's a nice place to work.

ConsThere is a lot of work on sites that are along the lines of B2B pharma brochure sites....not very exciting or complex. Also, when people choose to leave, it's sometimes treated as a betrayal, which is disturbing and unrealistic (people leave! It's ok!).

Advice to Senior ManagementChase more interesting work. Don't rely only on B2B--it can make for a very boring workstream for your employees. And cherish your alumni: people leave, and it's okay to acknowledge that your company isn't a forever home. Favorably inclined alumni can bring you business. Don't alienate them. Instead, be proud that they're continuing to succeed elsewhere. It can only reflect well on BI.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The team is like a supportive family - we work hard, play hard, respect and support eachother.

Boston, MA

ProsOur CEO really cares about our happiness and morale - as we grow as a company, he continues to grow as well, learning new ways to support the bigger team. He works hard to enable and facilitate our success, communicate about where we are going as a company, how we are doing overall, and ensure that we feel that our jobs are stable in this up and down economy. He is great at finding that balance for everyone in terms of - do you have what you need from us and your job to be happy here, and are we getting what we need from you to be successful and move forward as a company?

Consabout 1/3 rd of our 25 or so employees commute from outside of the city, and the company does not currently support any sort of work remotely policy, even though many of the employees could successfully do their jobs that way at least one day a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate, continue to let people know (when applicable) they are valuable and are doing a good job, and continue to plan company activities to bring the team closer together! In a team environment, trust, honesty, communication, collaboration, and a collective passion for what we do is so important and must be continuously communicated and supported.

A generally good place to work.

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsInteresting work, always challenged, learning new technologies.

ConsOccasionally difficult to work with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing steadily and focus on the long term.

Worked for Boston Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Interactive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Interactive CEO Chuck Murphy . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Boston Interactive employees.