Boston Market
www.bostonmarket.com Golden, CO 5000+ Employees

Boston Market Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Boston Market – US – “BM Ormond Beach”

Boston Market CEO George Michel

George Michel

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours if you are in school"
    in 6 reviews
  • "I built a family there, flexible hours, good first job(prepares you), support on time off that is needed, and 50% off food"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "The General Manager was a penny pinching cheap skate who would yell at us for over using a product and say it costs"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Low pay and the constant danger of suffering burns"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lack of communication.

Catering Delivery (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsThe freedom to make deliveries from any store that you wanted. Great people to work with. Occasionally had to go seek out new customers.

ConsDrivers were not given the delivery tip if the customer ordered online. Only once did I receive a cash tip from a customer, since it was usually easier for them to add it in at the time of the order.

For as long as I was there they show no appreciation to the work that was done and years put in.

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)

Prosmeeting and greeting new customers everyday.

ConsNo quality of life
    long hours

Look elsewhere for career choice

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood Product, guest base is good

ConsDo not take care of buildings, working all holidays, not willing to invest in improvements, minimal pay, hard to hire good help, unprofessional atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose more units to get capital to reinvest in profitable units. Pay better wages on all levels to get quality people and retain staffing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I believe that it was a good company to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Manchester, CT

ProsI had the most fun with this company. I loved pretty much every single coworker, and I have a lot of good memories from there. I felt like I was apart of family at Boston Market. The food was pretty good as well, we always had different specials going on; the "Buy One, Get One Half Off" Saturdays were they best.

ConsI have no "cons" based on the company itself.

OK for a business career start

Shift Manager (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

Pros- Management and team leadership responsibilities since day
    - Seasonal visits to store branches from Executive Team
    - Friendly environment
    - Customer service training is good
    - The option to deal with corporate clients

Cons- Employees are not motivated to move up into store management positions
    - Management training can sometimes be too far removed from reality

Advice to Senior Management- Management training should be more flexible and adapted to best practices from current store managers

I loved it and the people there and would love to continue.

Delivery Technician (Former Employee)
    Lawndale, CA

ProsFriendly staff and good food.

ConsI wish it had not been just seasonal.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire me to work in the restaurant, Please.

The worst experience of my life.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros to working for this company... There management turnover speaks for itself..

Conshaving district managers that use you up and spit you out. You are nothing less than means to an end, a number. In my 42 years of management I have never worked with such ruthless, disfunctional people in my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome human.. Be apart of the solution instead of the problem..

Good First Job

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsEasy work, nice coworkers, friendly environment, but I could see how a bad team could ruin the experience as an employee.

ConsNot the best pay, but what can you expect? Good for students or anyone trying to make some extra money on the side.

Overworked & Underpaid

Crew Member (Former Employee)
    Riverdale, MD

ProsOccasional free chickens at end of the day. Discounted food during 15 minute lunch breaks.

ConsCleaning bathrooms, cleaning the dining room, unloading shipments, prepping chickens, baking chickens, preparing cornbread, taking out the trash, and constantly washing dishes is tiresome work and you never get a moment's rest except during your 15 minute lunch break.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhoever the poor guy who does all the work that I was doing deserves to be paid at least $30,000 a year, but I was only being paid $10,500 a year.

A hierarchy divide between employees and Management

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsPeople always hear "A job us a job is a job" the location Iw worked at was literally located in a cut and not many people could see it unless they knew the place was there. One bad location if you would like to boost sales. The 50 percent off and the employees were honestly about it which I found enjoyable.

ConsThere's seems to be a distance of connections in the people who feel a "TITLE" makes you better than your employees. The General Manager was a penny pinching cheap skate who would yell at us for over using a product and say it costs $5 dollars, Can you say cheap? you have no place to advance and actually be a better employee. No incentive and if there was one it would be impossible to receive. You have to have no ego to work in this job because many people tend to look down on you. They over work the living right of of you for little pay. Who can survive off of $7.50 Enough is enough hours are okay they cut my hours by 20 hours and that tremendously effected my mood about the place. Again they feel "entitled" that your a manager you have to do as I say and if you don't your going to get written up. The people which manage this place need to get there acts together as a manager you treat your people with respect and dignity which they do not

Advice to Senior ManagementYour rules are so out of touch which actually needs to be done. And you honestly wonder why you aren't Top 10 for the restaurant categories because on a customer level you guys don't have your heads on right

Worked for Boston Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Market reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Market CEO George Michel. All 119 reviews posted anonymously by Boston Market employees.