Boston Market Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Boston Market CEO George Michel
George Michel

Pros
  • Flexible hours if you are in school (in 7 reviews)

• Customer service experience and discount was half off (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management can be difficult to deal with (in 8 reviews)

• The General Manager was a penny pinching cheap skate who would yell at us for over using a product and say it costs (in 7 reviews)

1. catering sales and back up

Current Employee - Catering Sales and Delivery, and Back Up in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Catering Sales and Delivery, and Back Up in Houston, TX

I have been working at Boston Market

Pros

The food is good and the managers are great to work with

Cons

we could use more catering orders,

Advice to Management

call on medical reps that give us most of our business and do some tradeshows in the medical industry.

2. Boston Market

Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Boston Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason of working at Boston Market were the employees and the environment they always had made you want to wake up for work every morning.

Cons

The downsides of working at Boston Market was the pay rate it really didn't help me financially and also wasn't getting enough hours.

3. Not the best.

Current Employee - Cashier/Server in Avenel, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier/Server in Avenel, NJ

I have been working at Boston Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work to do; clean tables, create peoples orders. You also get 50% off of the food.

Cons

The manager honestly isn't any type of help. he never gave me information about anything that had needed to be done and never even spoke to me. he has no manners whatsoever; he doesn't even say hello when he sees you and he doesn't shake your hand nor did he ever check on me and ask if I was doing ok the fact that it was my first day working there. It seems like he only cares about his well being first before others.

Advice to Management

Learn how to make new employees feel welcome and like they matter.

5. Unorganized

Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Boston Market

Pros

Discount on food. Some breaks

Cons

They were always unorganized and sloppy, bad at scheduling and slow.

Advice to Management

Need new management.

6. Boston amarket Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Boston Market

Pros

Good work atmosphere. Fast pace

Cons

Minimum wage. Not enough hours

7. Ok company!

I worked at Boston Market

Pros

Very easy to get promoted. Both store managers and regional managers are constantly switching store locations. Pay is not so good if you do not earn it.

Cons

Hard to develop a sense of teamwork when most employees follow this unofficial tradition of hating their shift managers. Also, Boston Market has a long history of hiring the most weird store managers you can imagine

Advice to Management

It is totally fine with the staff that certain goals have to be met so please, stop pushing people around like they are toddlers. Maybe Boston Market is wrong in having workers be so pushed all the time

8. Store employee

Former Employee - Carver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Carver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Boston Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food is something to be proud of. Level of professionalism dealing with customers. (Encouraged behavior) Easy to make friends while working.

Cons

Poor training of all employees, including managers and GMs. Store/food policy is lectured about quite often but many times these policies can't be found anywhere in the store. There is a read board that contains nothing useful to employees to help them do their jobs. It's common to have no one doing dishes because no one wants to do them. While it is supposed to be a team effort or done between a carver and back-up cook, you will see only one person busting their butt to get it done to leave on time, often neglecting other duties for closing. Managers have poor training and more then likely wouldn't ever be hired anywhere else as a manager. (I wouldn't) Managers need to be leaders, not taskmasters. Cooperate seems to neglect safety as my store had a few safety issues that were not resolved in a timely manner. Whether or not these issues were reported to area managers, reflects Boston Market standards, therefore lack of.

Advice to Management

Train managers to enforce team work. End roles of all employees because we were all trained to do the same jobs as the other employees working. Swapping of roles was a common day to day occurrence regardless if training was provided by Boston Market. End role test as most of the employees forget the standards that "matter" to Boston Market. Some questions are redundant on some test and have no effect on quality or safety. Refine standards that are followed and simplify them, again most employees forget standards. Post them where anyone can look them up without having to ask for a manual. Most of the time, the manuals were lost. Pay employees more for the standards you expect to be followed, be less forgiving for mess ups for long term employees. Train managers and GMs in safety training and response. If there is a fire, a GM should know how to put it out without asking other employees what to do. Again this reflects Boston Market standards. In effect the store I worked for should have burned down due to a gas leak which was reported a month before as a minor problem. Gas has to be taken seriously, a flash fire would have cut off escape to all employees in the back. Work on preventive maintainance on all locations, does a minor problem have to become an investigation?

9. okay.

I have been working at Boston Market

Pros

everyone is friendly, great benefits, patient management

Cons

working on the holidays, too many hours, unfriendly customers

10. Short-Staffed

Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I worked at Boston Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great fellow employees and free meal if working an 8 hour shift.

Cons

ALWAYS short-staffed. My work never went noticed and even when I asked for a raise they told me they could not 'afford' to give me one.

Advice to Management

You wouldn't have such a high turnover rate if you paid your employees a higher salary.

11. yes

I have been working at Boston Market part-time

Pros

good company to work for while looking for a better job

Cons

but they do not pay well at all

Advice to Management

na

RSS Feed </> Embed