Boston Market

www.bostonmarket.com

Boston Market Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Boston Market – US – “BM Ormond Beach”

Boston Market CEO George Michel

George Michel

Pros
  • Flexible hours if you are in school(in 6 reviews)

• I built a family there, flexible hours, good first job(prepares you), support on time off that is needed, and 50% off food(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The General Manager was a penny pinching cheap skate who would yell at us for over using a product and say it costs(in 7 reviews)

• Upper management is a pain in the butt and they roll out to many menu changes(in 6 reviews)

ok

HSM (Current Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsJob is fun to work in

ConsTo much work for what they pay you

Good first customer service experience.

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsWorking in a team setting. Interacting with customers.

ConsVery little training provided. Work was a bit overwhelming at times due to insufficient staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a better training process.

I learned a lot there.but new management isn't always good from other companies.

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Henrietta, NY

ProsSome of my best times is repeated guest who get to know you from treating them well and having what they want and having it ready before they get there.

ConsIt was very challenging when cash register's didn't work and when some folks didn't like the food.

Advice to Senior ManagementA general manager should never run out of the esentials like take out bags and utensils and napkins and paper towels

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap

Staff Member and Catering Driver (Current Employee)

ProsLike to help the customers. The older customers are fun. The food is great. My store manager is Great but there's only so much he can do regarding hours and pay.

ConsConstantly burned by glass in serving tray. I have been there almost 5 yrs- No Raise.
    I do catering and store work and I was forced to take a pay cut to work in store which also affected my catering rate. With the cost of gas and wear and tear on my car I barely break even.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees. Give Raises, offer a free or deeply discounted meal for those who go above and beyond.Maybe you wouldn't have such serious turn-over and happy employees equal happy customers.

High standards for employees

Server (Current Employee)

ProsPeople who you work with are nice and helpful, can request days off when it is necessary.

ConsThey expect too much work for way they pay you. The standards are very high in cleaning and customer service, it is exhausting.

Bad pay

Cashier (Current Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsGood if you have no experience. Most customer are very nice and at first it is a good place to work. The coworkers I work with make it fun and joyful.

ConsThe pay is horrible I have been working there for 2 years and dont even make $8. I work 12 hour shift a day. The managers dont even seem to care. They are so cheap that they wouldnt even fix the air conditioning and heater.

Manager are rude, very disorganized, not clean.

Server/Carver (Current Employee) Longwood, FL

ProsSometimes you don't want to kill yourself.

ConsThe place is gross, the managers are very rude, all their systems are outdated. It is sometimes dangerous to work there (cleaning vents with no gas mask, fires in the ovens, grease on the ground, ice all over the place). Horrible scheduling, they will put you on at 5:30 so you'll spend an half an hour in traffic stuck in rush hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not being incredibly rude to your entire work-staff.

Difficult

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe customers are great and it's fun working as a team! The food is really good and the atmosphere is good.

ConsThe concept is almost impossible. I was a manager there and just couldn't take it anymore. Our management team was working outrageous hours and upper management couldn't care less. To always have every product available at all times of the day is a dream and that's the main way to retain customers. No wonder they closed so many stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more labor hours and be more generous with food cost

Good people; fun job;

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThe people who come in are usually older people and are very friendly. They like to talk and tell stories as you serve them so it gets interesting. And the people i work with for the most part are pretty cool.

ConsThere are days where there will be a big sale and they won't inform you until that day (sometimes you won't find out until customers tell you) do you'll be serving customers back to back. It'd be nice to know do you could prepare mentally.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on customer service and not the bottom line. I've never had one frustrated guest personally and they all leave very happy yet I'm constantly being told to change the way i deal with them since its not "the right way"

Needs improvement

ProsReally great food with great variety

ConsThey give nothing away, no lunch breaks, vacations, or raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees you care, hire good managers that love to serve, not only the guests, but also the employees, whom you couldn't run your business without

Worked for Boston Market? Contribute to the Community!