Boston Market Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Team member

I worked at Boston Market

Pros

Great members! If you are easy to get along than everything should be okay

Cons

You just need to know how to handle the rush hour and have patience

2. Great Place to work

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Boston Market full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, Not late nights, company is improving

Cons

Management has hands tied a lot of the time.

3. Server

Former Employee - Food Server in Freeport, NY
    Former Employee - Food Server in Freeport, NY

I worked at Boston Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers and managers very friendly, great discount on meals.

Cons

Scheduling on the part of the manager was very poor. I was told often to come in and would double check that I was working that day only to get there and be told that I was not working that day. This happened to many times to count. I was also scolded if I needed to use the restroom which I went to rarely.

Advice to Management

Be more sensitive to your workers needs. If they look like they are going to pass out, don't yell at them.

5. You learn to bite your tongue.

Former Employee - Server/Cashier/Carver in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Server/Cashier/Carver in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Boston Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Usually the people you work with are about the only pro I pulled away from it.

Cons

Pay isn't worth the work
    Zero benefits

Advice to Management

Give your employees a reason to want to work for you.

6. Very fun!

Current Employee - Server/Dishwasher in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Server/Dishwasher in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Boston Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meal discounts, flexible hours, awesome management! Customers are awesome, and work crew is FUN!! Work hard and you'll get more hours...even a raise...quickly!

Cons

Busy! High schoolers; high job turn over due to unexpected volume of work.

Advice to Management

Take a little more time to train us, and keep promises; dangling carrots only wprk for so long!

7. Server

Former Employee - Food Server
    Former Employee - Food Server

I worked at Boston Market

Pros

Scheduling was alright I guess, always had enough food and drinks

Cons

No one helped me out.. No one as they say "trained me." Other employees were standoff just a lame environment.

Advice to Management

teach your new employees and teach them well, show them around.. Didn't even know where the restroom was

8. Corporate Greed is rampant in this company

Current Employee - Shift Manager
    Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Boston Market

Pros

Can be flexible with scheduling due to the nature of shift work. Other than that there are no pros other than its a job.

Cons

Everybody is underpaid. The job is very stressful and corporate is always looking to "save" money and never allows for the store to be staffed properly. The benefits suck and that's only if you can afford them because they're very expensive and only come in handy if your terminal.... otherwise the deductible is ridiculously high. They don't match any of you're contribution to your 401k and vacation time is a joke. Everybody is usually angry because they use this crappy system to "rate" customer service. The questions are bunk and usually it's only the horrid miserable people who are filling out the surveys anyway.

You could do a million wonderful things in this company and never hear so much as a thank you but you'll hear about any mistake you've made within 5 seconds having made it.

Salaries are pathetic so don't plan on thinking you can afford life by working here. But rest easy knowing your home-work life balance will suck and you won't have time to do frivolous things with your money. ... hell.... you won't have time to even go grocery shopping.

This company has no back bone and never stands behind its employees. The customer is ALWAYS right. .. even if they cross lines, lie or steal. ...Boston Market will always side with them.

All the equipment is always broken. The ovens in many stores are like 30 years old and need replacement but corporate will never have them replaced until something tragic happens. In the summer the air conditioner always breaks so employee are working in 110° weather but for some reason it takes months and months to get repairs done on the AC.

Boston Market has standards higher than God himself. Even God allows for mistakes, but not Boston Market. I find that concept highly offensive.

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy and be happy with just being pain rich and not filthy rich. In doing so, you could allow for more SGs in the store, offer more competative salaries, and better benefit packages. In turn, your turn over rate would probably go down drastically. Remember happy chefs make for happy guests. Hot, underpaid and overworked people can only do so much. Cutting corners bites you in the but eventually so stop being cheap baststds that are completely out of touch with today's world. Go back to fresh food. ... and treating your employees right.

9. Fine for a job if you are in school

Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Boston Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were not many pros about working At Boston market however
    Easy trading schedules
    Customers were usually very friendly
    Job itself was easy

Cons

Revolving door of employees meant that I was consistently training, which would have been fine if we were not consistently short staffed.
    The Amount of drama was ridiculous
    The salary was pitiful, and raises were almost impossible to achieve.
    In store Management could not get along
    Servers and cashiers are punished for taking tips that were left for them
    If the general manager does not like you personally do not expect any upper mobility, and expect to be put on the worst jobs no matter how hard you work or how good you are at your job.

Advice to Management

Focus a little more on your employees and a little less on up selling your customers.

10. Area Manager

I worked at Boston Market full-time

Pros

Growing Company - coming off hard times and in position to make a move. Solid and loyal customer base

Cons

Salary offered and agreed to at time of hire not paid - instead used a "signing bonus" as alternative

Advice to Management

A lack of integrity will not build employee loyalty - be honest up front even if it means loosing talent at the on-boarding stage

Shift manager

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Boston Market full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have fun and love the food. Their quality of food is high. I also get a free meal every shift which is nice.

Cons

The company changes their mind of proceedures all too often. As far as regular employees pay is good. Management pay is so low and cheap. The company isn't focused on keeping up with technology or the new century so they short cut things.

RSS Feed </> Embed