Boston Red Sox Reviews

3.6
Larry Lucchino

1. A lot of fun, pros outweighed the cons

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Red Sox part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall had a great experience. If you like working in the sports industry this is a great place to start and get some experience. Get to see and experience things you would normally never get to do as a fan. Worked with clients most of the time entertaining them and showing them around the park. Co-workers were always friendly and willing to help. Thought they did a good job recognizing your achievements.

Cons

Very difficult to move up. As you can imagine most people enjoy their jobs and therefore there are never any openings. Most employees are underpaid, unless you are able to make it to upper management. You stick around because of the people and perks. Defiantly would have liked to stay but no opportunity to move up.

2. Looks good on resume, that's about it.

I worked at Boston Red Sox

Pros

Nice perks (games/concerts/special events), neat atmosphere being at Fenway Park, co-workers. World Series games were fun.

Cons

Low pay, uncomfortable conditions (working outside rain/heat/wind/cold), no room for advancement unless you went to one of the "preferred" colleges.

Advice to Management

Would be nice if you said Hi to game-day staff when walking through the concourse. Job openings should be sent to ALL employees (gameday, seasonal, etc), not just Front Office. A lot of untapped hidden potential in the folks who currently work just gamedays and would like to advance. Amazing how new college graduates with little to no work experience in the real world get hired, meanwhile people who have been working there for years never have an opportunity to even interview.

3. Great Place to begin your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Red Sox part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment Good opportunities to build experience Amazing colleagues Neat and exciting experiences

Cons

On lower end of pay scale Only upper executives get good benefits and opportunities

5. Really Feel Like They Want You There

Current Employee - Event Operations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Event Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Red Sox

Pros

Management makes sure to show employees how much their dedication is appreciated. Very open and communicative work environment, always kept up to date on changes, company goals, etc. Benefits and perks are great, and culture is very supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Ideas are welcomed and listened to regularly, but it is VERY difficult to effect change. Pay isn't very competitive.

Advice to Management

Spend more time out among the fans and staff to gain a better understanding of changes that need to be made.

6. Impressive organization; could do more

I worked at Boston Red Sox

Pros

As one might expect, it's a very "team-centered" environment. With a relatively small number of employees, I felt like they did a pretty good job of bringing us all together and making us feel like we were all working towards the same goal. The benefits were solid, as were the perks. There are lots of smart, motivated people working there.

Cons

The traditional "office" setting doesn't seem right for a place that does such unique work. I would have liked to see more creative thinking in terms of schedules, workplace atmosphere and interaction between departments. Also, some people developed an air of superiority that I assumed was because of the job - not appealing.

7. Incredible experience

I have been working at Boston Red Sox

Pros

It's the Boston Red Sox - working here is a dream come true.

Cons

The cons of working here are the long hours, lots of travel, and relatively low pay.

8. Incredible Summer Job Opportunity

Former Employee - Tour Guide in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Tour Guide in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Red Sox part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Fenway Park Fun summer job with passionate coworkers Limited free tickets -2 tickets (typically grandstand) to one game per home stand.

Cons

Very limited earning potential Hours cap - no overtime No tips allowed

Advice to Management

Allow tour guides to receive tips.

9. Great sports industry experience.

I have been working at Boston Red Sox part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, Awesome opportunity to work in pro sports

Cons

Pay, Human Resources, tough hours (sports industry)

10. Wonderful team of colleagues; a series of once in a lifetime experiences.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Red Sox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are going to work evening and weekends, what a place to do so. A dynamic group of team players. Folks truly collaborate and success and failures are collective. Great exposure to aspects of big business, small business, and being a part of a public trust of sorts.

Cons

the simple economics of the sports industry- high demand for jobs, low supply - means low salary. But the other benefits, including a pension plan, are quite good.

Sales

I worked at Boston Red Sox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Not many pros except to tell people you work for The Boston Red Sox -I guess good launching pad for your career....maybe

Cons

-The pay is awful -Its all about who you kiss up to -Management is terrible and plays favorites -Very clicky -I saw a lot of scandal and things that would not be accepted in any work place. The ownership hates bad press and will do anything to make sure it never gets out. -NO GROWTH -Managers and director will throw you under the bus and go behind your back in a second to make themselves look good -Just a overall disappointing experience and I was there for almost 5 years.

Advice to Management

Pay better and look out for your employees rather than yourself.

RSS Feed </> Embed