Boston Scientific

www.bostonscientific.com

Boston Scientific Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Boston Scientific – Marlborough – “BSC”

Boston Scientific President and CEO Michael F. Mahoney

Michael F. Mahoney

Pros
  • Overall fair work/life balance with spikes in hours around month end and annual budgeting(in 30 reviews)

• Good benefits, average salary, well equipped with good tools(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor management skills on the part of mid-level to upper management(in 22 reviews)

• Although the experience and opportunities are great, work-life balance is terrible(in 11 reviews)

Great benefits, Flexible Telework

Pros-Solid benefits package
    -Flexible workplace policies (telework, flex hours, etc)
    -Travel Opportunities

Cons-HUGE middle management bloat, overwhelms IC workforce with non-value added activities
    -Low pay scales compared to similar companies in industry

Not cool

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) Valencia, CA

ProsTechincal knowledge and experience of team members is great. Learned a lot from them.

ConsVery poor salary
    Work not distributed equally among all team members
    Very poor career growth. Not many promotion and recognition

Good experience at an established firm

Procurement (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosleader in the medical device industry. world wide operations; global footprint. strong processes and focus on quality.

Consbureaucratic organization. not agile.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining good talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPremier Company to Work at

ConsNone that come to mind

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing your great work

Awesome place to work for!!!

ProsGreat training opportunities, great benefits, and the cafeteria is nice too!

ConsPretty high turn over rate, at least from my perspective.

The last 20 years have been amazing. I have learned so much in my career and am appreciative.

Director, Global Brand and Marketing Communications (Current Employee) Marlborough, MA

ProsMedical device company that improve patient lives. New EC have company on trajectory to grow.

ConsIt is challenging to manage work life balance.

Arrogant and inexperienced management

Senior R&D Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood benefits, average salary, well equipped with good tools.

ConsInexperienced management not willing to push the limits. Aversion to be innovative and be the first to market. Ok with being number two on the market. Also management runs roughshod over the R&D staff in dealing with with sensitive issues. Talented staff is highly underutilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee. It is not ok to be number two. Utilize your staff and experienced personnel well.

learned alot!!

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosgreat place to get experince within different functions of the organization

Conslack of communication on various changes

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople make a successful team/organization

Great company if you're young and/or male

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, mission, facilities. Wonderful for young people due to the company's strong focus on development.

ConsLack of diversity and understanding of it, not a great place for experienced women, arrogant and entitled sales management, too much internal competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't white wash the company's shortfalls. Value all the functions, not just sales. Earn the loyalty of all employee types. Manage by walking around and mean it - don't just survey people.

Culture - love it or leave it

ProsGreat pay, benefits, and retirement.. company definitely likes to take care of you if you are a Senior Manager or higher level. Many people stay for literally a decade or more. Rarely do you see anyone get fired, which is a con in the sense that there are some LAZY people in the corporate office.

ConsAntiquated infrastructure, company is not very well run... many complain about having to "call India" for any type of assistance. Definitely an "old boys network" in place that does not respond very well to innovative ideas or new schools of thought especially in their Endo division.

Advice to Senior ManagementMike Mahoney: if you want to shake things up and bring this great organization back to true greatness, the way you claimed to at our NSM, start getting rid of the people (sales managers in particular) that can't adopt to change.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!