Boston University School of Medicine

Be The First To
Add Photos

Decent place to work

Graduate Student, PhD (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThere are lots of professional development opportunities and coworkers that are very engaged with their work, the scientific community, and Boston in general. There is challenging, important work being done here.

ConsIn every department there are professors with low/no funds, terrible personalities, and unrealistic expectations. You need to really do your homework and/or interview to get an accurate idea of who you are going to be working with.

A nice environment and a nice employer

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsIf one is employed full time, and one is accepted into a degree program, there is a 90% tuition remission. The atmosphere is pretty laid back in most labs, and the people tend to be very friendly.

ConsThe only transportation is the BU bus which only takes you to BU campus. The bus is free though. The pay is what you would expect for a research assistant. Better than MGH or other places one could be an RA or tech.

This was a great place to work! All co-workers were amazing people and it was easy to communicate with my supervisor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Proscompensation, office culture, work-life balance, flexibility

Consbenefits, need more computers for staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work environment, good people to work with, benefits are very decent.

Research Scientist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsPeople, core facilities for supporting research

Conshard to commute by public transportation

ok

ProsThere are plenty of great benefits

ConsThe management style is poor

Animal Care Technician

Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood benefits, opportunity to meet many people in the research field. They also have lots of seminars of many people in the field presenting. Lots of over time available.

ConsWithin the laboratory animal care environment theres really bad management, and very little motivation. The pay raise is really bad, there is not much room for growth. The supervisors are very unprofessional and the lack the good leadership skills. I would say that its a very conservative environment where management over all is inflexible and will never defend their subordinates from upper management. Over all, the laboratory animal care environment presents a totally different face of the university.

Advice to Senior Managementget new supervisors and focus in expanding your pretentious "eco friendly" system into the medical campus where nobody even bothers to recycle a soda cans.

Project Manager - Clinical Research Trials

ProsGreat benefits, good work life balance.

ConsCity location, parking is expensive even with employee benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good experience

Prosexcellent facilities, very nice people and work culture

Consdrive to the university and parking is a pain

Advice to Senior Managementmake the parking lots cheaper for employees who are not doctors

Research Scientist

Research Scientist (Current Employee)

ProsIt's very creative and meaningful work. I can also manage my time. My work includes designing, executing, and interpreting the experiment as a scientist. And I am working as a study coordinator, and involved in clinical trial. I feel very well in doing research and working with people in different areas. I have strong record of publication in top journals, which is very rewarding for my hard work. I am also earned experience of supervising during working with research assistants in the lab, and I was training them in many lab tasks.

ConsAs a research scientist, I have chance to apply my knowledge in different areas. But I want broader opportunities that keep me in touch of the frontier science and technology. I also like to be more productive and effective in my work which is related to the development of working environment. And the other important thing is the compensation for my work. Considering all of these, I am trying to find a research job in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncouragement and effective communication can improve the work efficiency.

My experience and BUSM has been wonderful.

Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat opportunities, connections, and reputation in the research world. In a diverse area of Boston.

ConsSome people might not enjoy the diversity of the patients on campus.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing your thing!

Worked for Boston University School of Medicine? Contribute to the Community!