Bottom Line Systems

Updated October 24, 2014
4.0

Robert Stevens

Caring Work Environment

I have been working at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with BLS a little over 3 years and I am very happy with the company! BLS offers flexible hours which makes the scheduling in our busy lives so much more convenient. BLS offers great benefits to its employees and the employees families which is a big asset in today's economy. BLS not only offers a great working environment but also a caring environment. The people that make up BLS would best be described as knowledgeable, informative, caring and supportive. BLS is made up of so many wonderful people with such a wealth of knowledge from all different backgrounds of healthcare. This in turn makes the job we do so much easier. Being able to pick up the phone or send a quick email to another co-worker for help with a quick question is such a great asset in our fast moving business. BLS is more than a great company, we are a great TEAM!

Cons

No company is perfect, but BLS is pretty close!

Keep up the good work!

Great Place to Work! They have an award to prove it!

I have been working at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place with great people. I have worked for BLS for over 10 years and would recommend it to anyone. I truly feel like they care about me and my best interests. They value good employees and will reward the ones that work hard and perform well. They are supportive of my goals and provide encouragement and assistance in reaching those goals.

Cons

I wish healthcare premiums weren't so high, but that's an issue everywhere.

Wonderful Company to work for and with!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Fort Mitchell, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Fort Mitchell, KY

I have been working at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined the BLS family in 2010 and could not be happier! Excellent opportunities for learning and advancement for those willing to hard work and with a desire to succeed. Competitive salary, monetary incentives for team work and working efficiently and effectively for clients. BLS has a wonderful family of team members with everyone willing to help and assist to ensure success for all. Company offers benefits, 401K and PTO time that increments higher each year without waiting another 5 years to get an additional week. Flexible schedules and flexible use of PTO which is great for those with families and/or children. Truly, almost all associates I work with are compassionate, helpful, hardworking,intelligent and individuals with integrity and deep convictions to help our clients get reimbursed adequately. Greatly beneficial training programs and company meetings with focus on the employees. Ultimately by far, the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Huge company growth causing some growing pains with space issues. This is really a great problem to have. Management is always re-evaluating the space needs and working on the space planning issues. With the company growing massively, BLS is working on developing an infrastructure related to policies and workflow which will cause change. But, I think the Management understands the need to involve enough associates/opinions/suggestions to ensure a successful transition, engaging new strategies but also keeping those that have made BLS the highly successful company that it is.

Thank you for the focus you place on associates! Consider the foundational principles/strategies that made BLS successful as we leap ahead to the future with incorporating new ones.

Loved, loved, loved my time with this company!

Former Employee - Managed Care Analyst in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY
    Former Employee - Managed Care Analyst in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY

I worked at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bottom Line Systems is by far the best career choice I've made. They really care about their employees. BLS offers fair salaries, generous bonus program, training/certification, and little surprises such as game tickets, lunches and even freshly baked bread. Bottom Line Systems conducts biannual meetings, company wide, to keep everyone in the loop on how the company is advancing, new procedures, etc. These meetings are not only fun but informative.

Cons

I really don't have much to offer for this part of the company review. I enjoyed my employment with Bottom Line Systems. The only reason I left is I was needed at home and work-at-home was not an option for my position.

BLS is not as great as they advertise!

Former Employee - Managed Care Analyst in Fort Mitchell, KY
    Former Employee - Managed Care Analyst in Fort Mitchell, KY

I worked at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make your own schedule. You have to adhere to it rather strictly but you can come in a half hour early and leave a half hour early each day.

Cons

If anyone is considering working at BLS be warned that they reel you in and you think this is the best place to work. In training they sell you lies about how great this company is but after a few months you realize it is not what they made it out to be. The pay is average, management treats the employees like grade schoolers and most of management have no idea what the employees do on a day to day basis. They claim they are flexible but it really is not that flexible at all. Yes you get to make your own hours but that is about it. The raises are minimal and the opportunity for advancement is slim. You don't realize until you start that you have to sign something stating you won't work for one of their clients or a competitor. So then you are stuck! The benefits are awful as you have to pay for most of it and the 401k is matched up to $1k which is lame. I'm not sure who these people are who are voting BLS to be the top place to work in KY because the morale is low. Don't work at BLS unless you are desperate!

Too much to write! Figure it out because you are losing good employees quickly.

Working at BLS has been the best career choice I've ever made!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crescent Springs, KY

I have been working at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked in multiple departments across the company, and with several different leaders within the organization. I have been nothing but impressed with the level of integrity, knowledge and experience at each level. This is a medium sized company that has still maintained the small company feel. I appreciate that BLS takes such care in hiring the best of the best and it makes me feel priviledged to be among them. I didn't start here knowing about all the wonderful perks, but it's definitely one of the many reasons why I stay - company wide bonus program, contest incentives, flexible schedule options, team outings - a gift card for your Birthday, a turkey coupon at Thanksgiving - it's the small things that make a BIG difference.

Cons

I would say the cons of working here are probably related to the "growing pains" of a growing and successful organization. There are lots of changes, but it's positive and I can appreciate that change is necessary in order to grow.

Keep focusing on the people and everything else will fall in to place.

Not A Good Organization

I worked at Bottom Line Systems

Pros

Don't have to work long hours, management doesn't generally look over your shoulder or micro-manage.

Cons

Wow where to start really? Management is so out of touch with the workflow that is done on these projects and talk out of their behind when discussing with the client and team members. It's actually really embarrassing to have managers and supervisors that don't know what they're talking about or doing when it comes to doing the actual work. No self respecting professional would put in more time than necessary to work here until they find something better.

The health benefits are criminal, the pay is not good, and management does not have a clue what they are doing or saying. There is no company loyalty on any side whatsoever.

This is really more of a chop shop as I noticed an increasing amount of people rapidly leaving the company, which is a really bad sign overall.

Unless BLS is looking to sell, act like there is still some consideration for hardworking employees that line your pockets.

Excellent Company! Flexible, Ethical, Caring!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY

I have been working at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

BLS is by far the best company I have ever worked for! They truly do care about their employees, which is evident due to their numerous Best Places to Work and Flexible Workplace Awards. If you are looking for a company that values it's employees, provides a healthy work/life balance and is a place where you are actually excited about going to work each day, then BLS is the place for you. They offer a full benefits package, including a 401(k) match, generous contribution to the health care plan, company paid life insurance, PTO, Short Term Disability and many voluntary benefits including Vision, Dental, LTD, etc.

Cons

They are growing by leaps and bounds, which sometimes causes space issues, but management is on top of things, adding additional locations and makes sure employees have the tools and resources needed to perform their jobs.

Keep up the great work! Despite moving into the larger employer category, resist the pressure of moving to large company think. You have done an excellent job so far of ensuring regardless of the company size, it still has a small company feel, in that the CEO and COO know employees by name, hold all employee meetings and provide fun and delicious perks!

If you want to have a positive impact on healthcare, this is the place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crescent Springs, KY

I have been working at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to gain valuable insight and experience into healthcare while providing positive results for clients. Excellent resources are a phone call away. Ability to grow and move within the company as needs and talent are a fit. Relaxed and flexible office environment in which to foster relationships and experience. Excellent bonus program.

Cons

Rapid growth can always be a challenge and also an excellent opportunity. Yes, we are always recruiting because we are growing!

As always, continue to listen to the feedback of all associates. The best ideas come from those who are doing the work!

Cares, making a difference

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Crescent Springs, KY
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Crescent Springs, KY

I have been working at Bottom Line Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Team atmosphere; caring coworkers and managers; ethical; flexible; reasonable expectations

Cons

There is a fair amount of change. In large part, this is due to adjusting to client needs, and it occurs in every role and industry. I just wish it weren't that way sometimes!

I'm happy that the company is growing and doing well, so it's important for the staff and management team to embrace that and make sure that the growth is managed well. I've worked another place that didn't handle it well. I suspect it's different here, but we'll see!