Bottomline Technologies

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Bottomline Technologies President, CEO, and Director Rob Eberle

Rob Eberle

24 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Stay away from this place if you want a life and reapect

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies

Proshealth insurance ok - nice grounds

ConsTotal lack of respect for person. Working weekends expected, else job in jeopardy. No feedback about performance, even when requested.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize the is the people that work there - and not only those in management

One of the worst places to work in the area

Computer Person (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits
Nice work area
In tax free New Hampshire

Cons•Company is run like lots of small companies with head of Line of Business making all decisions
• People and leadership at one Line of Business has no idea what the other Line of Business does, except at the very top
•Management micromanages people
•I was dept head and no idea what my budget was, even when I asked about it
• Does not have the right infrastructure and processes (HR, IT, Accounting) in place for company size.
• High employee turnover. Would rather fire people and hire new ones, than proved mentoring and employment development.
•The compensation is highly based on stock options and grants. Management’s compensation is based on running up stock and then selling it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire professionals to solidify company processes.
Recognize that you’re a $150M company, not a $15M company.

Middle management lacks ability to grow. Petty people who can't manage in a bigger environment. Hurts everyone

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies

ProsStrong Exec team that has grown the Company (sales wise) over the last 5-6 years.

ConsMiddle group, especially marketing and sales don't have the ability to manage their teams or be real Directors. Prefer to sacrifice their own staff then face their inability to grow as managers and executives. Amazing turnover over great people who are then blamed for the inability of the people that manage them. Too bad. Great overall, but wrong team to grow with.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a team that can manage a $250 m organization - Top can't do it all. Folks who have 'grown' with the position can't do the job. Time to bring in an new bench.

Great career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bottomline Technologies

ProsIt was a great learning experience and the co workers were phenomenal. The management team was very receptive to ideas and did not shy away from helping and answering questions when the need arose. I would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a sales or marketing job. They were also very helpful in reviewing performance and letting you know that you were doing a good job. The feedback was great. Its a fairly big company, but not too big that you get lost in the shuffle. Most of the people I worked with were friendly and always willing to help.

ConsThere were not too many downsides to my time there. I know certain people worked a lot of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Bottomline Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Bottomline is proud of our team-oriented culture. Each day, the way we conduct business is anchored by our Guiding Principles. • Delight Customers • Innovate, Communicate, Win and Grow • Work With and For Each Other… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bottomline Technologies reviews and ratings in Boston, MA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bottomline Technologies CEO Rob Eberle. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Bottomline Technologies employees.