Bottomline Technologies Reviews

• Boston, MA Area
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

Managements are not involved with employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are comparable to larger companies

Cons

Management need to have interaction with employees. Contractors have the core product knowledge therefore there is no spirit of cooperation or transfer of knowledge and management is not able to bring that to the table.

Advice to Management

Be more involve and make knowledge transfer the first priority.

Bottomline Technologies Response

Dec 9, 2014 – President

One hears of inaccurate information on the web. This review is a prime example. Our company “Bottom Line Technologies” does not and never has had a position titled “Senior Software Engineer” nor ... More

Great example of how NOT to run a company.

Former Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bottomline has a pretty good benefits plan for a company of its size.

Cons

CEO does an all employee call each quarter to discuss company financials - complete with cow bells, bad jokes, and laugh tracks. Something similar to a very bad vaudeville act. CEO likes to talk about how well the company is doing..... then cancels bonus payouts at will, even when the company achieves its financial targets.

Advice to Management

Create a real growth strategy that is strategic - and not one that focuses on buying poor performing companies in adjacent markets at a discount - just to prop up near term quarterly earnings.

Bottomline Technologies where incompetence meets ignorance

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits ...good locations across the US and UK . Below the VP level lots of great people. A good place for someone to start their career if only to see what not to do.

Cons

Environment as mentioned in numerous reviews is toxic. Sr management is borderline incompetent and without question arrogant and ignorant. The amount of wasted opportunity is beyond imagination. If you NEVER want to feel accomplished or successful you will fit right in. As soon as I have an option I will move on like most of the other good people.

Advice to Management

To the CEO we all know your genuinely passionate about business and people but unfortunately your expressed ideals are not realized in your company. To the CEO beware of false prophets ... ! To the CEO it's your job to know if your Sr. Management is effective ... If you held yourself to the standards you promote you would be a "C player" when evaluated on your direct reports effectiveness To the rest of Sr. Management and certainly to the newly anointed or promoted ... You really need to step away before you ruin the company ... The honeymoon is over the first part of solving the problem is knowing that you are the problem.

5. Fast Paced Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a ton of positives at Bottomline. The most important one are the people. This is an amazing group of very smart and very motivated people. Bottomline is growing at an amazing rate Lots of opportunities for motivated employees to move up Lots of high quality very smart people to work with You will be challenged and you will grow your skills if you are successful here Great culture No boundaries between teams. People work together Amazing location in Portsmouth NH One of the best college hire programs I've ever seen I've personally recommended Bottomline to several friends My daughter loves the annual bring your kid to work day The ice cream truck shows up every other Friday all summer

Cons

Bottomline is not for everyone. This company is made up of top performers and people that are looking to go home at 4:40 won't be happy here. Be sure you are looking to join a company that's growing this fast before joining Bottomline. If you don't want a challenge this is not the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing your pool of talented people. Invest even more in training and mentoring programs. The ones in place today are working.

Building a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Bottomline for over six years now, and I can say that the environment is high-energy, positive, and supportive. At all levels, there is an emphasis on putting the customers first, and supporting your team and co-workers (we’d call it “working with and for each other”). For the entire time I’ve worked here, the company has been aggressively growing by pursuing larger customers, acquiring new businesses, and expanding its offerings to capture more business. The company has grown significantly (check the market cap), and continues to push along that track. What that means for employees is a fast paced environment that top performers will be comfortable in. With all of that said, people at all levels take pride in the company’s achievement, and management makes everyone aware of the business results and how every person contributes to our success. Salary and Bonuses - Ample, opportunities to ensure that you're where you feel you should be Benefits - Excellent, can't say enough about the medical, vision, dental, life ins, etc.

Cons

These are not "Cons", but a reality check: When considering Bottomline, don’t mistake it for a “typical” medium size company that’s coasting on past successes. The pace is fast. The company has high expectations, and those who have high expectations of themselves will succeed most here.

Working at BT

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a. Good benefits; b. Good salary; c. Outstanding U.S. locations; d. Good product lines, which support a variety of industries.

Cons

a. Too many lay offs; b. Management (at times) uses a knee jerk reaction to things. c. Don't even try to talk to the Office Supervisor in Alpharetta--runs the place like a Prison of War camp.

Advice to Management

a. Trust and rely on employees--they have a lot to offer.

Good place to work at

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, upper management were very good. Quarterly meetings were typically fun.

Cons

Getting laid off due to business reasons

Advice to Management

Look to keep good people internally if there is an opportunity for them to move internally to stay employed and contributing to the company.

Fabulous place to work in every aspect!

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I look forward to coming to work every day. Why? Because Bottomline really cares about its employees. I have the feeling that my opinion matters from the CEO, to Vice Presidents and Managers as well as my co-workers. The culture is built around "working with and for each other" and I have seen this consistently throughout my time here. The message I hear from the senior staff is that I am doing a good job and that I am a valued employee. Who doesn't like recognitiion for a job well done? Moreover, it's clear that there is room for growth here--when a talent is recognized, management acts on it. In other words the focus is on the strengths of our skill set, rather than our shortcomings and then they run with that which makes it fun and rewarding. Employees share a strong work ethic--I always feel like it's team work and that we're moving toward a goal together. Managers are approachable, colleagues are a pleasure, the benefits are very generous--"think Matching 401K" and the environment is well--beautiful! If it's important to you to work hard, feel a part of and to feel satisfied at the end of the day, then this is the place for you.

Cons

From where I sit? None.

Good to Learn At, Quick to Plateau and Become Stifled

Former Employee - Digital Designer, Front-End Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Digital Designer, Front-End Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location Benefit package Bonuses Potential for company growth Strong UI/UX team

Cons

The company is bogged down by an overbearing network of bureaucracy. For being a tech company, it is ironically slow to adopt new and forward thinking platforms and standards - their corporate website is a glaring example of this sort of backwards thinking. Numbers and illusion of company gains are valued more than clear and honest communication with prospects and customers. Expect to have processes ignored and overstepped by management. The company does a good job at squashing any initiative or enthusiasm one would otherwise have for their position.

Advice to Management

Resign. The company needs less of you and more of those in specialized fields.

VP Development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None what so ever! Oh Yes, if you can say "Yes Sir!" you will be a star.

Cons

No Vision or Goals. Very tactical no strategy. Treat workforce like an accordion. The CEO behavior is deplorable.

Advice to Management

Understand software development 101 or remove the name "Technologies" from the name.

RSS Feed </> Embed