Bovis Lend Lease
www.bovislendlease.com London, United Kingdom 150 to 499 Employees

Bovis Lend Lease Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014
Bovis Lend Lease – Chicago – “Superintendant Jim Hanson and Lalo Adary During…”

Bovis Lend Lease Group Head of Project Management, Design and Construction Murray Coleman

Murray Coleman

N/A

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsWorking on High rises can seem exciting.

ConsManagement doesn't properly recognize strength & weakness in employees and at times the wrong people become managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsOverall a great company....actually the Best company I have worked for.

ConsAs with any company management can represent a company negatively.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a way to evaluate those that manage others by allowing the ones they manage to provide some form of feedback.

Ok place

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bovis Lend Lease

Prosworks hours are long, but the job is rewarding. However, with commerical real estate getting hit, I'm worried about our long term prospects.

Conssometimes the work hours are too long. Would like more vacation time. My manager is a pain because he is always trying to meeting quarterly targets.

Advice to Senior Managementok

What has happened?

Preconstruction Manager (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsLike many construction companies, safety if a critical success factor for their employees and contractors. Everyone who arrives on the jobsite in the morning, needs to go home safely at the end of the day.

ConsJust not sure where this once highly recognized company is headed. With an exceptional resume from the past, their efforts to diversify their market portfolio seems to have put them in a precarious situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeveral of managements ideas and philosophies need to another look. The attempts to increase your presence in the industry hasn't worked and finding scapegoats to sacrifice is a feeble attempt to keep your doors open. You lost too many of your key people and those that are still there are not happy.

Out of all the Construction Manager Firms in NYC, I would say that is the one that treats its employees the best...

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsOut of all the Construction Manager Firms in NYC, I would say it has the reputation to treat its employees the best...i.e. best pay and benefits (Based on comments from colleagues at other firms and personal experience) don't get me wrong the other firms (turner, skanska, plaza, tishman, gotham) are not that way off so is matter of preference.

ConsLately has been getting some bad rep for some serious safety incidents. However because of this it is taking safety to the extreme and it is only logic that in the near future it will benefit from this as it will be years ahead on safety practices compere to the competition. Paying the price now , but winning later I guess

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great Benefits, Management needs work

Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsGreat Work/Life balance compared to industry. Nice to have a big company's resources - great benefits, great opportunity to transfer offices.

ConsTerrible time in the industry. Management in Boston at the office level leaves a lot to be desired. Compensation metrics are a subjective, despite being very paperwork intensive

Advice to Senior Managementtake time to develop young talent. get pms out in the field more, hire for potential instead of experience. Too much complacent dead weight

Precon Manager II

Pre-Construction Manager (Former Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I worked at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsPeople really do come first.
Great team working environment.

ConsSenior management is in constant state of change. Doesn't appear to be a lot of stability in corporate senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the local offices to operate as stand alone units. Most office have been very successful this way. Changing to this "virtual" vertical market structure doesn't make sense and will not work.

Bovis needs work.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsMany of the project employees are encouraging and appreciative of good work.

ConsThe NY HR department is ill-qualified and determined to keep qualified individuals from learning, growing and advancing. They have been known to single people out and project their insecurities on employees they deem threatening.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry better to understand the strengths of your employees and foster opportunities for growth within those strengths.

Opportunities to move around

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bovis Lend Lease

ProsThe ability to try different roles, if you are up for a challenge. Friendly people all round. Strong focus on safety.
As it is a multinational, opportunities to relocate to different offices eg Dubai, Sydney
Strong backlog of work means different types of construction projects are available. If you have a sustainability focus, Bovis Lend Lease has a strong sustainability department.

ConsThere is a "we don't do it like this in New York" mentality which affects the ability of changes to filter through in their largest office.
In New York, the cubicles are still in the old-style "high partitions", making the working environment feeling like a maze and not conducive to collaboration.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus back on the basics now that 130 Liberty is resolved.

Could be better...

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsLearning Opportunities and great coworkers

ConsDisorganized leadership and backwards employee retention where the last employee hired is the first to be let go regardless of their performance. We have had mutiple 5 and 6 figure expenditures (employee recognition, Christmas party) over the last few months that could have been avoided in order to allow more people to retain their positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim the DEAD weight not the PRODUCTIVE weight. Do not terminate positions base on who is least likely to sue. When the economy does pick back up, it would help if there were some smart young poeple left to help get back to #1.

Worked for Bovis Lend Lease? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bovis Lend Lease reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bovis Lend Lease CEO Murray Coleman. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Bovis Lend Lease employees.