Bowlmor & Strike

Tom Shannon

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Neutral

Event Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis is an up and coming company and there is growth if you find the correct path. The people who work at Bowlmor are awesome.

ConsThe company is young and not well managed. There is very little room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of the reigns.

Event Sales Representative

Event Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat working environment. Lots of incoming business. Great morale. Training program is fantastic and personal. Room for growth

ConsIt's a young company that is having some growing pains. The offices are super competitive with incoming clients. Base pay is not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise your base pay for sales reps. This is a very talented and passionate team but we need a higher base salary.

Worked 2 days, 12 hours each

Front Desk (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt was a fairly easy job, not a lot of responsibility.

ConsYou will wait hours for a manager to let you end your shift. HOURS! I was sick, vomiting in their bathrooms, and one manager would not let me leave. The Union Sq. location is disgusting. They will constantly call you in on your day off. Or when you are leaving at the end of your shift, they will ask you to come back in an hour and work the night shift, last minute. They will ask you to stand outside and greet customers, so dress warm during winter or you will freeze!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue! Communication! The general manager was the only manager that I respected. He would cut people accordingly and was easy to talk to. The rest of the managers were inexperienced.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely horrible experience working at Bowlmor Lanes.

Cocktail Waitress/Server/Bartender (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsConvenient location, good food, friendly staff (employee's),

ConsWorked at the location in Times Square and it proved to be the worst job I've held thus far. Corporate would hold meetings in the restaurant in Bowlmor and wouldn't tip, EVER! In the end we were taxed for tips, we didn't even make. Very shady business covering it's tracks. Very selective on what type of crowds they allow in their establishments. A little too selective from an inside perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee's should not be taken advantage of but rather compensated fairly and according to work laws. A happy employee=happy workplace. Less "preference" at the door.

Worked for Bowlmor & Strike? Contribute to the Community!