Bowman Consulting

Bowman Consulting Reviews

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015

Gary Bowman

Great place to work with laid back environment (Second semester working for Bowman as an intern)

Current Employee - Student Intern in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Student Intern in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Bowman Consulting

Pros

Great experience, given work as soon as you start, treated as a co-worker and not an intern, given good advice and both my boss and the engineer I work with was able to help me progress as an undergrad

Cons

None due to the laid back relax feel to the job

It was fun while it lasted

I worked at Bowman Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice coworkers, pretty decent office equipment and supplies.

Cons

You have to fight for a work life balance. It was a constant struggle to get subs paid on time. Not a lot of professional growth. Very little diversity in upper management.

Management is out of touch

I have been working at Bowman Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with, good benefits and reasonable pay. Bowman has good internship program and most return the following year.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication between the Corporate side and the Office side on how they envision the goals and objectives to be met. There is Zero communication from upper management that gets filtered down other than make more money. The Old Bowman is gone and the New Bowman is here, unfortunately to stay. The staff of the Old Bowman took pride in the company and the product produced. Now with the New Bowman there is no sense of pride in the company, just pushing work out with zero quality. With the company constantly expanding by acquisitions what the Old Bowman stood for no longer exists because there is no assimilation of the new acquisitions into the organization. The only change I see is a name and logo change at the new office and business as usual. With poor plans this creates the opportunity for more work and no return.

Management is completely out of touch with the moral of the company or the reputation on the street that the company has. Something that the you need to do s o have your project managers actually know how to due their job so that they can train heir staff. The staff gets no training or mentorship and this is shown in the quality of the product produced.

Just ok

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Bowman Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and insurance, work-life balance and time off policy is good

Cons

NO room for growth, managements picks favorites when giving promotions - very personal workplace, you are judged and rewarded based on who likes you and how much, NOT on your degree, skills, and qualifications

Not so good

Former Employee - Crew Chief in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Crew Chief in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Bowman Consulting full-time

Pros

Access to the latest technology

Cons

No loyalty or sense of obligation. They lied to me about how busy they were.

Don't make someone pay hundreds of dollars to fly in and interview, hire them, make them pay several thousands of dollars to move here for work, and them lay them off after four months. That is despicable and really set me back significantly. Other survey companies don't have anything nice to say about you as far as I have heard. You dirty dogged me, and I won't forget it!

Well-rounded intern experience gave me a lot of exposure and knowledge moving forward.

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Bowman Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Comfortable office environment with helpful and respectful fellow employees.
    I was given a wide range of tasks which really helped to see all areas of the field.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lack of an intern orientation or specific program. Instead I was treated essentially as a new hire and given immediate tasks to complete. However, some may see this as a positive.

Good employees and a good work environment.

Former Intern - Civil Engineering
    Former Intern - Civil Engineering

I worked at Bowman Consulting as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

While Bowman has many locations nationwide, you wont get lost in the company because each office has a manageable number of employees, and everyone knows everyone.

Cons

The workload can sometimes be unbearable, but that can also be a plus, because you are always busy. Be ready to work at Bowman!

Have more company events to gather people from other nearby offices. It's always good to become friends with people in other areas. I feel like there was a disconnect between some offices. All in all a good place to work, and everyone is very friendly.

Bowman took me in as in intern with good intentions, I feel. the economy changed everything.

Current Employee - Civil Engineering
    Current Employee - Civil Engineering

I have been working at Bowman Consulting

Pros

good pay, great projects when there is work

Cons

typical civil engineerin firm-- when the economy is bad, your job is likely to be replaced or eliminated

try to broaden the services you offer.