BoxTone Reviews

BoxTone CEO Alan Snyder
Alan Snyder

1. Awesome

I worked at BoxTone

Pros

what a great place to work

Cons

acquired middle of last year

BoxTone was the most Awesome company and a really great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at BoxTone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many learning and advancement opportunities. Open door policies with all C level Execs and they always let you know what direction they were taking the company, many times prior to any move on their part.

Integrity, hard working people in a diverse cultures environment where you feel like you're home when you walk in the door everyday!

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None that I can think of

3. Software QA Tester

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at BoxTone as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Perfect team-work, good connection between QA and Developers, various tools experience.

Cons

Not so many meetings and discussing of further plans for the particular products.

Advice to Management

Arrange more meetings and create better plans for the projects, so people now better what to work on.

5. Best place to work!

Current Employee - QA Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BoxTone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best company ever! Great team, all pro's Very friendly environment.Great place to work!

Cons

Just one ..company been aquired by othe rcompany and how it will affect to ..will see.

6. The BoxTone Family

Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD

I have been working at BoxTone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

BoxTone takes great care of their employees. BoxTone is being Acquired by Good Technology

Cons

BoxTone is being Acquired by Good Technology

7. Great company and people, but strategic direction is muddled

I have been working at BoxTone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's strong team in place, especially in the development organization. Company allows employees to keep a good work life balance, and management communication is pretty good. Great benefits, good salary.

Cons

Too many failed initiatives in 2013, uncertain outlook for 2014. Management team seems to have a problem saying no, committing the company to far too many projects and partnerships. Too dependent on a few partners, weak internal sales.

Advice to Management

Focus!

8. Great Place to Work as Information Systems Major

I have been working at BoxTone part-time

Pros

Great Environment, Friendly Employees and flexible scheduling (work from home etc.) More of a Get your work done attitude over "you must be here at all times"

Cons

Lots of testing. If you like testing you will like this place. There is a very steep learning curve.

Coolest start up software company around.

I have been working at BoxTone

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive pay. The management team actually makes the time to listen to employees, as busy as the management team is. It sounds a little corny, but we're a true team and most of us have strong interdepartmental bonds. It's challenging work. Lots of unbelievably intelligent people. Everyone seems engaged in what they're doing. For the most part, departments communicate effectively. Everyone is very dedicated to their work, but the management, Client Services, and Development teams go above and beyond on a regular basis. Great working environment. Most flexible place I've ever worked. We work hard, but we're a pretty casual, lightheartedl bunch. High morale. Seriously cool company. Watch out world, we're taking over MDM! (That means you, MobileIron, Zenprise, AirWatch, and all the rest if you!)

Cons

Just the typical stuff that comes along with working for a start up. If you're hoping to cruise along in a regular 9-5 this place isn't for you. Management demands a lot but rewards follow.

Advice to Management

Keep is in the know. Keep up with the monthly meetings and listening sessions. We appreciate them. Keep up with the personal recognition. It fosters high morale. We know you guys are sacrificing a lot to make us the company we are. Don't forget that we're sacrificing alongside you.

10. Best Place to Work!

I have been working at BoxTone

Pros

BoxTone is a great company, with an amazing product, in a very quickly growing industry. I've never seen so many highly intelligent and passionate people gathered together, working towards the same goal! It's inspiring on both a personal and professional level to come in everyday and witness the dedication and enthusiasm of my coworkers. I completely agree with the reviewer who called this a workplace "utopia"! It's absolutely true!

Cons

Sometimes working for a smaller company like BoxTone means not having as many resources as you'd like. Fortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to be a small company for much longer!

Advice to Management

Keep it up, keep listening, and keep us informed! Also, make sure you make good on your promises of on-going training and promotions!

11. A great company with really great people

I have been working at BoxTone

Pros

The people at BoTone are some of the best you will find. The developers are very innovative, adn build some really awesome stuff. The sales and marketing teams are great, and the Services team is the best there is. Everyone works hard, but has fun. The management team is also very good about taking feedback and will make changes based on feedback from the field.

Cons

Its a hectic environment and there is so much to do. It can be a bit stressful at times. But i guess that is to be epected.

Advice to Management

stay the course