Boxwood Technology Reviews

Boxwood Technology President & CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr

1. Solid Company

I have been working at Boxwood Technology full-time

Pros

- Strong culture and company values
    - Supportive management team
    - Good teamwork and coworker support

Cons

- A confusing management hierarchy
    - Sometimes offices seem "disconnected" from each other. Almost like separate companies

Advice to Management

Continue reporting on progress and various company happenings. Transparency is an important thing and it's good to see how the business is growing.

2. JPS Sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Boxwood Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company with great leaders. Company is growing tremendously! Management is great, no one is breathing down your back and absolutely no micro management which is great. They trust us to do our job and be responsible. The environment friendly with great people who make the job fun. Everyone works hard to hit goals and everyone supports each other! Great job for anyone trying to switch into sales or looking for a great opportunity. work life balance is great!

Cons

Have more company events, potlucks or picnics or team bonding exercises. Be more Boxwood spirited. Other than that it is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job

3. Awesome

I worked at Boxwood Technology

Pros

Great first job. Great work environment. Mangers are cool. Co workers are awesome and always willing to help

Cons

No room to advance. Not a very structured company as far as promotions. They understand that and like to help people perfect their skills

Advice to Management

Cool sales managers

5. Not a great company to work for

I have been working at Boxwood Technology full-time

Pros

Close to home
    Great work hours
    Great people to work with
    Beautiful work space
    Location is easily accessible by public transportation

Cons

Lack of standard and nepotism like i've never seen. No room for advancement and worst of all there is a great lack of leadership skills.

Advice to Management

Have some company values by showing some respect to your employees to retain them.

6. Quite Possibly the Worse Place in the World to Work

Former Employee - Won't Say in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Won't Say in Herndon, VA

I worked at Boxwood Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to working at this company. I guess they pay you but for some people they don't even bother doing that. One consultant didn't get paid for almost a month and half. How ridiculous is that!

Cons

The President of the company will randomly engage you in topics that have nothing to do with business. I.e. if she should redecorate the kitchen. She parades her status around and parks her Mercedes where she can see it. She will bring some of the sales team to her home to fix her nasty drain, and expect them to jump everytime that she enters a room. Other upper management is hard to read and will provide you with non constructive criticism every time you work on any type of project. You could also meet any of your goals and they would not give you a raise. I worked there three years, no raise and I gained a lot of weight from the stress of working there. If you're not working 7 am - 7 pm they don't want anything to do with you.

Advice to Management

Consider quitting your jobs and doing really anything else. You're not good at management. One of the members of the management team is very intelligent and gets brought down by the minion tasks that the President provides to him.

Boxwood Technology Response

May 19, 2015Vice-President, Human Resources & Employee Development

Boxwood was acquired by Naylor Association Solutions in April 2014. Since that time, under the leadership of Naylor's CEO and President, and with a combination of several of Boxwood's leadership team ... More

7. Great company; lots of growth; excellent benefits; wonderful people

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Boxwood Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has had excellent growth year over year (except one year of the recession and even then, it grew, just not as much) due to exceptional management, a loyal customer base, ongoing product development and enhanced support services. Benefits include generous PTO and more paid holidays than most companies, as well as 401(k), solid health care coverage and FSA. Employees are fun, smart people that really care about what they do, many of whom have worked for the company for quite a long time.

Cons

Not a lot of management hierarchy so there are fewer opportunities for promotion, but it also means most staff have direct lines to senior management. Only other downside is the occasional bad hire who decides to go on sites like this to vent their frustrations and paint an unrealistic picture of what the company is really like -- the negative comments in these reviews definitely tell you more about those individuals than they do about Boxwood.

no place to work

Former Employee - Marketing Executive
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive

I worked at Boxwood Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

location, hours, co-workers, dress code, clean bathrooms

Cons

management, supervision, growth potential, trust, ceo should take a closer look

Advice to Management

clean house of management up to CEO

9. Great company with consistent growth and good leadership.

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - National Account Executive in Herndon, VA

I worked at Boxwood Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quotas and goals were clear; management was available to discuss issues, provide feedback and address concerns; wasn't required to work a lot of extra hours; great holiday schedule and ample paid time off.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement; sales training was good but would have liked to have had more; the CMS system was difficult to use at first, but improvements were being made when I left; there were a few bad apples in the bunch that created distractions; office park location had limited food options within walking distance.

Advice to Management

Create some kind of career plan for sales reps; have more prizes and contests instead of just yearly contests; provide more leads to support sales; continue to improve the system to make it more efficient; get more of the good associations on the sales support.

10. A company that cares about it's employees!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Boxwood Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 3 years and it's a real family atmosphere. The base pay is fair - I'm in sales and the commission plan is great if you perform. The ones who are complaining were not likely good sales people. The PTO plan is generous staring at 3 weeks and then moves to 5 weeks after a few years. Plus they give a lot of other days off - Columbus Day, President's Day, etc… Really gives time for family or personal time. The office is bright with lots of light and a big kitchen. Someone said it was dirty. Don't get that it's a ll brand new and has an evening cleaning service that comes in. The product is a good one- and everyone really seems to care about the customer. The president does meetings a few times a year to tell us everything that is going on and then there is a team happy hour. Makes for a good environment.

Cons

It's a small company - about 75 people. So not much opportunity for advancement. But my manager says they are looking at that. Some people want flex time and the company doesn't want to do that - but personally 8:30-5:30 makes sense for me. I want to be there when I can make sales. Matching 401K would be great. They used to do it and then stopped.

Advice to Management

Go back to 401K matching. It would really make a difference to some of us. Keep the golden emails coming! More team happy hours.

11. Train wreck; poor management, ignorant managers, arrogant managers

Former Employee - Inside Sales Person in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Person in Herndon, VA

I worked at Boxwood Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good location; It's in Herndon

Cons

Mismanagement, blind by choice ownership, negative work environment, managing through fear, petty, favoritism, massive turnover, dirty work space

Advice to Management

fire them all from the president on down through supervisors and team leads

RSS Feed </> Embed