Boyd Gaming Reviews

101 reviews filtered by
3.3
Boyd Gaming CEO and President Keith E. Smith
Keith E. Smith

Pros
  • They also do have a a really good work life balance unlike other gaming companies that have a work work balance (in 4 reviews)

• The company also heavily promotes from within (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too often a person in an upper management position will have either no casino experience or they are "old school" casino people (in 3 reviews)

• Negative work environment, no recognition, top-heavy, no one seems to really care what the lower level employees feel (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Simply the best work environment I ever been around

Current Employee - Plate Runner in Biloxi, MS
    Current Employee - Plate Runner in Biloxi, MS

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

I'm a people person the guest my coworkers are amazing and help me feel like I'm apart of the Boyd family

Cons

There are none this company is the best

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and I feel like yall really care about the employees. ...thanks for hiring me this feels like the right place for me to be...

Apr 5, 2015Company Administrator

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Thanks again for your review!

2. Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Great co-workers, great environment, caring managers

Cons

Life Work Balance, A little political

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are your most important Asset

Apr 20, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your feedback.

As you know, we strive to be an employer of choice in our industry. When we fall short of that standard, we want to know about it, so we can work to improve. We'll

3. Good people.

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and they have provided everything I need to get my job done, which is what I expect from my employer. Everyone is friendly where I work and the facility is nice. Boyd is big on philanthropy, which I really appreciate. They have a stand up reputation around the state for being a corporation that cares.

Cons

The dress code is very rigid. Be prepared for formal business attire.

Advice to Management

8 hours of orientation is too long, expecting people to get the required online policy training at their desk after starting a new position within set timeline is a bit unrealistic.

Apr 5, 2015Company Administrator

We

over worked under paid

Current Employee - Cage Cashier
    Current Employee - Cage Cashier

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time

Pros

Great work experience, easy work,.constantly meeting new people And learning

Cons

down sides back of knowledgeable management, employees seem to know more, supervisors are rarely avalible when needed graveshift seems to really have the short end of stick we simply dont get said enough, point system (attendence) does not take parents into consideration easy to gain almost impossible to rid! food is never fresh for graveshift sometimes we have none! Scheduling weekends/holidays never rotated but give off to certain people. its diffucult to balance home and work !They also expect workers to cover shifts thats not theres i understand team work but with this company there is none And noone working with you

Advice to Management

I would advise mamagement to undergo really training because its basically the blind leading the blind

6. In my first two weeks, my experience with Boyd Gaming has been great.

Current Employee - Reservations in Biloxi, MS
    Current Employee - Reservations in Biloxi, MS

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Boyd Gaming is a big company, but it has a small family company feel.

Cons

Can't apply for another position because I haven't been here long enough. I could if I wasn't an employee.

Advice to Management

Let new employees apply for another position before 90 days.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

We’re glad to have you on our team, and we’re thrilled to hear that you’ve had a good experience working with us. Please know that you have the Open Door Policy
    ... More

7. Company like none other..!!!!!

Current Employee - Audio Visual Technician in North Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Audio Visual Technician in North Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff.... the perk of wearing dress clothes... having the chance to make people enjoy their selfs

Cons

Can't find one at the moment.. not to be cheesy but I have the greatest job inside the Boyd gaming corporation

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Thanks again for your review!

Not the advancement opportunities hoping for

I worked at Boyd Gaming

Pros

New, recent acquisition, advancement depending on area you were in

Cons

work/life balance, senior management, inconsistencies in procedures

Mar 20, 2015Company Administrator

We

9. Decent employer needs to promote when earned

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team members are always willing to help in my department, very small turn over rate (in my department) upper management that mentors

Cons

They pay isn't up there for the amount and level of work expected. Benefits package is available and that's better than many company's but the packages get more and more expensive each year.

Mar 20, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your honest feedback and your dedication to the company for more than 10 years.

... More

10. In the short time that I've been here, it appears that Boyd Gaming really cares about it's employees.

Current Employee - Ground Agent (Vacations Hawaii) in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Ground Agent (Vacations Hawaii) in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's like an Ohana, open door policy and the intense safety training are really impressive. Just the fact that we are asked to rate this company and with an "advice to management" section is pretty cool I think. If this is the norm, expect me to stay here till I die!!!

Cons

While I agree with the clothing policy, as an part time worker I think the company should provide more. For example, I have a very expensive jacket that is very warm but I can't use it because the color is blue (we are required to wear black). Buying another jacket of the same quality would put a strain on my budget. This is more of a thought than a complaint. I can survive with the current policy.

Advice to Management

At this time I have no advice to give but for you to continue as you are doing and ensure that what we've learned at the orientation was not just a dog and pony show.

I left a few blank below only because I'm not qualified to have an honest opinion just yet.

... More

Not worth the money and the stress. Look elsewhere. Prison would be the same quality except better pay

Current Employee - Security Officer in Kenner, LA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Kenner, LA

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food poisoning. Employee food is out too long and not keep up to temp and food and safety codes.

Cons

Pay is terrible, management attitude is terrible, expect too much, will be blamed for supervisors faults

Advice to Management

Pay more, look harder at supervisors, fix these issues because I would prefer working in a prison over this

Apr 13, 2015Company Administrator

Needless to say, we are extremely concerned about the issues you raised in your review. The only way we can address them, however, is to get more information on exactly what happened.

We ask that