Boyd Gaming Reviews

96 reviews filtered by
3.3
Boyd Gaming CEO and President Keith E. Smith
Keith E. Smith

Pros
  • They also do have a a really good work life balance unlike other gaming companies that have a work work balance (in 4 reviews)

• The company also heavily promotes from within (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too often a person in an upper management position will have either no casino experience or they are "old school" casino people (in 3 reviews)

• Negative work environment, no recognition, top-heavy, no one seems to really care what the lower level employees feel (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Company like none other..!!!!!

Current Employee - Audio Visual Technician in North Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Audio Visual Technician in North Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great staff.... the perk of wearing dress clothes... having the chance to make people enjoy their selfs

Cons

Can't find one at the moment.. not to be cheesy but I have the greatest job inside the Boyd gaming corporation

Keep it up

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Thanks again for your review!

2. In my first two weeks, my experience with Boyd Gaming has been great.

Current Employee - Reservations in Biloxi, MS
    Current Employee - Reservations in Biloxi, MS

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Boyd Gaming is a big company, but it has a small family company feel.

Cons

Can't apply for another position because I haven't been here long enough. I could if I wasn't an employee.

Let new employees apply for another position before 90 days.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

We’re glad to have you on our team, and we’re thrilled to hear that you’ve had a good experience working with us. Please know that you have the Open Door Policy

3. Not the advancement opportunities hoping for

I worked at Boyd Gaming

Pros

New, recent acquisition, advancement depending on area you were in

Cons

work/life balance, senior management, inconsistencies in procedures

Mar 20, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your feedback.

As you know, we strive to be an employer of choice in our industry. When we fall short of that standard, we want to know about it, so we can work to improve.

We
    ... More

5. In the short time that I've been here, it appears that Boyd Gaming really cares about it's employees.

Current Employee - Ground Agent (Vacations Hawaii) in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Ground Agent (Vacations Hawaii) in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's like an Ohana, open door policy and the intense safety training are really impressive. Just the fact that we are asked to rate this company and with an "advice to management" section is pretty cool I think. If this is the norm, expect me to stay here till I die!!!

Cons

While I agree with the clothing policy, as an part time worker I think the company should provide more. For example, I have a very expensive jacket that is very warm but I can't use it because the color is blue (we are required to wear black). Buying another jacket of the same quality would put a strain on my budget. This is more of a thought than a complaint. I can survive with the current policy.

At this time I have no advice to give but for you to continue as you are doing and ensure that what we've learned at the orientation was not just a dog and pony show.

I left a few blank below only because I'm not qualified to have an honest opinion just yet.

6. Decent employer needs to promote when earned

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Team members are always willing to help in my department, very small turn over rate (in my department) upper management that mentors

Cons

They pay isn't up there for the amount and level of work expected. Benefits package is available and that's better than many company's but the packages get more and more expensive each year.

Mar 20, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your honest feedback and your dedication to the company for more than 10 years.

7. I like the place and good personal

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

I considerate is a good team

Cons

Excellent job for my guest

considers new employees, give more days and hours of work

Feb 12, 2015Company Administrator

... More

Great chance to be promoted no matter how long with the company but pay probably isn't worth it.

Current Employee - Information Technology in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Working environment is great to work for. Great chance to promote from within.

Cons

Pay scale is not competitive at all and especially if you are promoted internally. Will probably make bottom 10 percent of what the average pay for your job is. Also HR won't take your opinion of pay in to account nor will they attempt to sit down and renegotiate pay unless SR management makes a stand and they won't.

Seriously should sit down and discuss pay or put in place a system where employees can get increases in pay especially for internal employees who have put time in with the company to match market value that is current with other casinos or at least comparable to the average pay of the job you do.

Feb 2, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to have you on our team!!!

Going downhill

Former Employee - Mid Career in East Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Mid Career in East Peoria, IL

I worked at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Fun place in central Illinois.

Cons

Some true professionals are true professionals and others are corrupt or have very poor management styles. The core beliefs are not upheld by all of top management. Non-smoking and opening up video games to public venues has taken its toll. A company is only as good as the person/s leading it,,,without their integrity you have no good foundation.

Let conscience, not money or greed be your guide. Do what you know is right in your heart...you'll feel good and it has a positive trickle-down effect!

Feb 2, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your honest feedback.

... More

10. Fun place to work but doesn't pay well.

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

The people are really great to work with and it is never a boring job. You can definitely tell Management tries to make up for the lack of pay.

Cons

The pay is very low for the amount of work put in. Very stressful environment at times.

Feb 2, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your honest feedback.

We strive to be an employer of choice in our industry. When we fall short of that standard, we want to know about it, so we can work to improve.

Assuming you
    ... More

11. A great place to work at.

Current Employee - Cocktail Waitress in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Cocktail Waitress in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

There is a very strong family feeling between other staff and customers. Everyone is very friendly.

Cons

Sometimes certain shifts can be harder than others. Also, I wish I was a full time employee versus on call.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the team/family.

Jan 13, 2015Company Administrator

We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to have you on our team!!!