Bozzuto's

Updated January 5, 2015
Updated January 5, 2015
3.7

Michael A. Bozzuto

Decent Salaries, Always 40+ hours a week, good hard working employees, but there are alot of deep issues.....

Current Employee - Product Integrity Clerk II in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Product Integrity Clerk II in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at Bozzuto's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I'm not really going to divide pros and cons, I'm just going to write a review with all included.

Decent Salaries across the board, enough to survive but not enough to really get ahead in life. 401k, good insurance (medical, dental, life are the base package, but so much more can be added for little cost, from vision all the way to cancer insurance and everything in between)

Huge workforce and Most who work here (from Entry level to supervisory) are great to work with. Most are down to earth good people just trying to make a living like you are.

Time and a half after 8 hours
    Double Time after 12 hours
    Working in the freezer pays more

Sick time and Paid Time off after your "training/probation period"
    Vacation time after a full calender year

Review and Raise every 6 Months

Many parties, functions, lunches, all paid for.

Cons

Like I said the pay is decent, but not really enough to be able to support a family and get ahead in life (at least not to my standards)

All of the "production jobs" (loader, forklift, selector, operations) all start between $11 and $15 per hour. Approximately $1 dollar raises every six months. All are 8-12 hours per day, Some days more hours IF you want to stay. It makes it hard to have any kind of social/family life. You really don't know when you'll get out of work on a daily basis (8-12 hours) so it makes it hard to make plans. And during busy seasons 6 days a week as well. So you'll find yourself seeing more of bozzuto's than you do anything else in your life.

"Support team" (pallet return, integrity clerk, inventory control, battery room) all start between $10 and $13 per hour and approximately $30 cent raises every six months. Strictly 8 hours a day 40 hours a week. You do get some OT during busy seasons but nothing compared to production.

I probably left alot out. But it's all I can't think of right now. Good luck.

Listen to the men working on the floor more often, we're the ones that actually see what's going on day in and day out.

Implement 3 shifts across the board, there should be 3 shifts for all production and support jobs. Slightly higher salaries with less OT would improve morale immensely. But balance it so there is no change in cost to you. Higher raises to those who show loyalty day in and day out in this warehouse.

I WANT this place to be my career, I WANT to say, "I'm proud to work at Bozzuto's". But sadly it's just not the case for alot of employees. It's just a job..

Long hours, okay people, okay pay.

I have been working at Bozzuto's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, frequent parties and events for employees, fun people

Cons

Unfair work hours for selectors, some favoritism, parking lot is far away from main door, you will see your coworkers more than your family

Bozzuto... Pretty Close to Perfect.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bozzuto's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Employees - People who work for Bozzuto are motivated,positive, hard working, educated, great in customer service, and generally have caring nature about them. I have seen these qualities in individual, but not through a majority of a company. The core values of this company is like no other too. Another thing I love is the education and training. I am always looking to better myself and the company supports education.

Cons

I hate to have any cons, but I feel opportunity growth in this company seams to take some time. I first I thought it was just me, but after hearing some other employees, it seems a lot of them feel that they are looked over when applying for higher positions. Average people open up to me claim the have been working for the company for some time. Compensation is OK, but believe could be better.

I believe management over all is doing great.

"Family" run company, not so "family" oriented

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at Bozzuto's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Upper Management are typically down to Earth

Cons

Everything is very black and white. Seniority does not matter in the least. People are treated very differently based on the department they work in.

Treat everyone the same and stick to policies.

hard work, sore body, lots of money, no time

Current Employee - Selector in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Selector in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at Bozzuto's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

401k benefits, weekly pay, employers appreciation.

Cons

heavy lifting, non stop fast paced work.

Top management more concerned with short term personal gain than long term well being of company.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at Bozzuto's

Pros

Salary is ok when compared to industry.

Cons

management not focused on long term well being of company or employees.

Seek and follow advise from all levels of employees

Bozzuto's Inc.

I have been working at Bozzuto's

Pros

large employee population, vast career advancement and promotion opportunity, very rarely micromanaged, overall fun environment

Cons

formal dress code, work life balance, large size of employee population

Listen to the feedback of your employees; keep up the good work.