Bracket

Updated November 26, 2014
1.7

Jeff Kinell
1 Rating

Pros
  • work from home policy (looks like management will remove this as well) (in 5 reviews)

• Free Soda, parking spots, windows in the office, communication with all levels of management (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a foreign concept, it is a 24/7 job for almost everyone (in 8 reviews)

• Extremely rigid work environment demands you to follow a script for almost everything you do (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Nice co-workers, some good managers, not a great workplace

Former Employee - Clinical Ops in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Clinical Ops in Wayne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress, free soda and free Keurig coffee, plenty of interesting work so you are never bored. Some good managers to work for.

Cons

another reviewer said Bracket is the company you do not want to leave but instead have to leave. That sounds like what happened to me.

I spent 4+ years at Bracket. Last year I was contacted by a headhunter and I was not interested at first. A year later and I'm glad I moved on. I'm now making a lot more money with a lot less stress. I've not received my bonus yet but everyone tells me that the it usually pays out at over 100%. At Bracket there was always a random excuse to reduce you bonus. My health insurance benefits are 10 times better for the same cost. When I had minor surgery it cost me almost nine thousand dollars out of pocket at Bracket. My new job also gives other benefits like tuition reimbursement and personal days that don't count against my vacation. I feel loved.

I do miss the people I worked with. Some good people were also laid off. Many of the leaders seemed to mistrust and micro-manage their employees but my own boss, who has also since left, was great. I don't miss the company policies that seemed to disadvantage employees whenever possible. I hear there is a new CEO who got rid of some of the senior micro managers.

just treat the employees like they are valuable and you want to keep them.

Try your luck

I worked at Bracket

Pros

good benefits, work from home, decent bonus

Cons

low salary, low moral, constant change in the management direction

Was great at one point, but then...

Former Employee - Project Specialist in Wayne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health, Dental, & Vision benefits very affordable, relaxed dress code, free parking, easily accessible location, yearly merit increase and bonus (as long as your work had been satisfactory or better the previous year), free soda and Keurig coffee machine/K-Cups, generous PTO allowance, 401k benefits good.

Cons

Where to even start... I began my career at Bracket as a contractor, then was hired on permanently five months later and received two promotions during my tenure. However, for the amount of work I completed and the nonsense I was forced to put up with, I should have gotten more than that.

To start, everyone is extremely cliquey here. If you want a toxic environment to work in, this is the place for you! You have to be "in" with the right people to move up quickly. Your hard work and dedication is not recognized, but if you suck up, you'll get away with murder here.

Granted your good at sucking up, you'll get to make your own schedule/come in to the office and work from home whenever it accommodates you. You can hold secondary part time jobs and leave early for them, even if you haven't completed your 8 hour day, and you don't even need to take PTO! How can you do this, you ask? If you have work left over, don't worry! You can just pawn it off on those people who aren't in as high favor as you are. When they get those items done late or incorrect, don't worry! You won't be held responsible; they will! But, if they do your task correctly, have no fear! You will get the credit for a job well done, and your "slave" will get no recognition!

Sounds like a great deal, huh? If you think so, Bracket will be the PERFECT place for you. If you like being underpaid, being told you'll work 40 hours, but get crucified when you work less than 50, you'll be right at home here.

Just to give you a little insight, since I left a couple months ago, almost all of the upper management that actually DID CARE about their employees have resigned or "Stepped Down" (i.e. they were told they need to step down or they would be fired). In turn, the individuals in upper management that could care less about the employees were promoted to replace those who "stepped down" and given raises. These individuals are disrespectful, nasty, and power hungry.

Overall advice, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. After being away from this Hades on Earth, I've found what it's really like to work in an environment where you are truly appreciated. I no longer dread coming into work. The cons ABSOLUTELY outweigh the pros at Bracket Global. Run, and RUN FAST!!!! This place will be out of business in the near future, because EVERYONE is jumping ship.

You should be ashamed of yourself for the way you treat people, especially you who parades around saying "I Don't Have A College Degree, But I'm Smarter Than Everyone Working Here with One." Oh yes, I heard you, among several other employees. And you people wonder why no one wants to work for you.

Great people who want to do great things.

I have been working at Bracket

Pros

Responsive co-workers, opportunities to grow career, exciting work. A lot of positive things going on and working with great people! Team atmosphere. Most employees have great attitudes and are really excited about the work they are doing.

Cons

Some transition going on but seeing positive results.

Continue open communication with all employees. Call out great work!!

Great people, interesting work. High turnover, well below-market compensation, no work-life balance

Current Employee - Professional in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Professional in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of really good, smart people who care about the customers and look out for one another. Work is interesting and challenging.

Cons

Some of the highest turnover I have ever seen. Practically a revolving door. Work-life balance is a foreign concept, it is a 24/7 job for almost everyone.

Compensation, benefits, and perks are well below market average. This probably drives a lot of the turn over.

Before you are hired you hear lots of talk about opportunity for international travel but once here there is no budget for it. I attended a conference where some of us were required to share rooms, yuk. Numerous complaints about dishonest HR practices in terms of payout bonus, accrued vacation, even expense reports.

When people leave it is usually about more money, better benefits, stock options, vacation, perks, and related areas where Bracket falls short. They don't want to leave, rather they realize they would be financially foolish not to leave. We lose a lot of good people and then spend lots of time and money to train the new ones.

Many of the people at Bracket are highly educated with a lot of experience and the headhunters have figured out that it is a sweet fishing spot. Maybe having a new CEO will lead to some positive changes.

The 24/7 culture of burn-out has to end. Start at the top by banning emails on the weekends and holidays or after 8PM except for emergencies.

Clean house in HR and start over.

Do some market adjustments to make compensation of current and new employees competitive. If you want to keep people from running back to pharma, CRO's, competitors, tech firms, etc. then Bracket's salary, benefits, vacation, something should be a bit BETTER than they might get elsewhere. The nickles you save by being cheap are costing the company a lot of dollars.

Please do not mix ANY positive reviews with the real themes at Bracket...

Former Employee - Project Specialist in Wayne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual Dress, good 401K Plan, telecommute one day a week

Cons

Held my bonus for 3 years consecutive, asked for raise and was denied for 2 consecutive years, terrible work life balance, corrupt HR leader who somehow is STILL there after the people who did REAL work either left of were asked to leave

Get rid of the HR leadership team in Wayne, as long as that exists recruiters will prey on your underpaid entry level workforce--try to do more than send out a "survey". Seriously, the company sent out a survey to hear how much everyone hated working there...can you say 2015? Bracket cannot. When asked if you want crumbs you say yes, because you need to eat, but once they know you will settle for crumbs that will be all you will get. Half of the workforce don't trust their managers, the other half are in the clique. People who said "people here care about their job" are just lying. Turnover in Wayne was at an alarming 33% !!!!!!!!!!!! I liked working at Bracket but the beatings made me wise...I finally left when I was not promoted for 3 years consecutive, when my personal relationship began to suffer and when I realized that the HR team was a bunch of sycophants who protected each others merit increases and bonus payouts...if you are currently working at Bracket, ask yourself why?

Pretentious, demanding managers. If you are in their clique, you get promoted.

Current Employee - Software Applications Developer II in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Software Applications Developer II in Newtown, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, relaxed dress code, long term security as long as you remain productive. You will always have something to do.

Cons

You will always have something to do: even on your days off, you are forced to be on call and that means knowing every product, every technology. And that is part of the con: they have several platforms that need to be supported. Turnover rate is bad and you'll constantly find yourself doing other programmers work, you're expected to know everything, do everything. If you don't, you get called into meetings where a ridiculous process is in place of writing you up and telling you to do better work. They enjoy enforcing their paperwork on you but refuse to fix anything related to why that paper work had to be generated in the first place. Lack of training, resistance to enhancing the network bandwidth so programmers who are not local to San Francisco can do better work, refusal to train employees on emerging technologies, dated infrastructure (they finally stopped using Windows XP in 2014) and irresponsible project managers who take on work without fully consulting the people who need to perform it.

Fully utilize Sharepoint. Make it your backbone. Having Sharepoint, your proprietary ticket/support reporting and dated infrastructure is making it impossible to do good work. Get rid of the cliques. They are childish and are made up of people who worked in different companies and are hiring their friends more so than qualified candidates. Stop promoting your best friends. It's overly transparent and sickening. Get with the times. IT infrastructure is dated and dinosaur.

Illegal classification of employees as contractors, wage theft, and emotional abuse

Former Employee - Anonymous in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Wayne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly I don't think I've ever been as happy as the day I walked away from this company. Its sad to say but everyone is experiencing the same horror of an experience. It was nice having other colleagues whose eyes were open to the maltreatment, and abuse we were all being put through.

Cons

Wage theft:

They do this in a couple of different ways. The most common is denial of bonus for unwarranted reasons. While already significantly underpaying compared to industry norms, this allows them to pay you less than what you were told when signing up.

While being promised the ability to learn and grow on entry you will find out they frequently employ promotion freezes. You can do everything and more with flying colors while watching your colleagues at other companies move on with their lives as you're forced to do the same repetitive, unchallenging tasks day after day.

Expectation to work overtime, weekends, and holidays isn't mentioned during their hiring process but believe me it exists. If you don't work 50-60 hours per week you will be quickly fired for "not doing the minimum". There is no compensation or bonus for this type of work.

illegal classification of employees as contractors:

Bracket has illegally classified full time employees as contractors in order to deny them required benefits and wages. This is most frequently found at the "Project assistant" level. Federal law states that if an employee is being made to work specific hours, use company equipment (computers) and not their own materials, can't gain extra profit or loss from the outcome of project, and isn't invested in the facility then they are EMPLOYEES and NOT CONTRACTORS. This is an illegal, immoral way to suppress their labor costs. Bracket doesn't bother the hide their disdain and lack of appreciation for its own employees.

Emotional Abuse:

This review is getting long so i'll keep it short. Doesn't matter if you do a good job or bad job. You will be micromanaged, stripped of autonomy and degraded for the most minor actions. Morale is below non existent at this company.

Don't engage in deception when hiring new workers.
    Don't illegally call your employees independent contractors to save a few bucks.
    Don't strip benefits every year.
    Don't take advantage of people because you can.
    Don't be evil.

Poor management, Lying executives that tell employees everything is fine when lay offs are occuring with a gag order.

Former Employee - N/A in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - N/A in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cant really think of any pro's to this company at this time, Salaries low, poor management and poor corporate leadership and sold to the first crappy investment company that appeared on the radar that Express Scripts found to buy Bracket

Cons

Where do I start, Again poor corporate leadership with lying individuals that laid off 88 people first round, no word on second round, HR manager that does not care about employees, management gave themselves raises and new titles after lying and over valuing the company on paper when the sale went through and had to lay off over 100 employees because they lie to cover the amount of money they overvalued the company of. When the investment company called the loans in early, then they got caught with their pants down and the company was not worth what they paid for it so they laid off employees to cover the difference.

Stop lying to employees that make your company work and move forward, Pay a decent wage and benefits to retain good talent, and having a truck show up once a year with video games in the back and calling it employee appreciation day is not exactly anything wonderful on our side of the fence. The dedicated employees ignore that and work hard those days when others are on a cruise ship eating lunch or dinner and playing video games in the parking lot. Then to up and lay them off our of no where with no warning is a very poor business practice.

Great Company Culture

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in Wayne, PA

I worked at Bracket as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Cons

Lack of promotional structure, never seeing bonus potential met, outdated salary bands, management teams, soul crushing work environment

Free Soda !!!!