Bradford Health Services

Jerry Crowder

Eh

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers for the most part, they care about the work they do. Rewarding work. Flexible schedule. Great company values and mission. Has potential to be amazing

Cons

Office politics, some get raises and some don't regardless of whatever "freeze" corp states there is. Always told what we are doing wrong, never what we are doing right. Some co workers are bossy and others don't know about addiction enough to be working there. Work schedule is flexible as long as you are present for group therapy, but the expectation to complete 40-55 hours a week is stupid. Management doesn't communicate. Not room for advancement regardless of what they say.

Compensate those who work hard, stop petty bickering from staff who are not in charge but think they are, stop playing favorites and communicate with your staff. Realize your counselors are people too and we have lives outside of that building. Self-care is important!!

Way too money driven could careless about patients

I worked at Bradford Health Services

Pros

Patients and paid vacation,sick,and holidays

Cons

No room for advancement people complain all the time most of management don't care about the workers or patients they charge 16000+ per patient but cant afford to give raises.

..it would be nice if workers could get better pay rates when management is making thousands each week and not living paycheck to paycheck

Full time counselor, Madison

I worked at Bradford Health Services

Pros

Great staff working under unique circumstances. Lots of team work. Counselor assistants really did so much work and should be paid more!

Cons

Insurance companies sometimes set unrealistic standards. Patients going through tough times and sometimes had limited support when returning to home environment.

The counselor assistants are amazing with their knowledge and support to the patients...

Profit driven mental health

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experience. Even though it is outdated (the in your face approach, labeling folks as addicts and alcoholics), you gain experience. People in the field are caring and helpful.

Cons

Greed. They run therapists into the ground. Clients have little respect for their "treatment" there and feel like it was just a hurdle to pass.

Focus on what you know how to do.

Great company with limited earning potential and growth.

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time

Pros

Very flexible scheduling and managers are very easy to get along with. Extremely self rewarding work with employees who really care about people and do the right thing.

Cons

Limited growth unless you are licensed and willing to relocate. The pay is not great and the company seems to always be in a pay freeze.

Trust your employees to do what you pay them to do. There are "spies" sent around the office, but everyone finds out because everyone knows everything word travels fast. They could do a much better job taking care of employees financially and upper management could lend a better hand and work in the office more.

Toxic environment

Former Employee - IOP Counselor

I worked at Bradford Health Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. That's all I can say. Oh, keep looking.

Cons

Very hard to get hired full time. They want everyone to work no more than 32 hours a week so they don't have to pay benefits. No communication from top down so you are always wondering what is happening. At last moment you have to work something you were unprepared to do no matter what your plans were. Just not good.

They won't listen so I don't have any.

Run!!!!!!!

Former Employee - IOP Counselor

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

personal growth as counselor, 12 step program, patients, awesome co-workers.

Cons

work-life balance, horrible management, money-seeker management, long hours

Take some "How to treat employee" classes. And train the staff more effectively. Afraid for this company. Uppermanagement needs to do some firing in the corporate office.

Terrible work environment

Former Employee - IOP Counselor in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - IOP Counselor in Madison, AL

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are some staff who are highly capable but woefully undervalued

Cons

Any review on "bad bosses" will accurately describe the management. They have favorites who they encourage to back stab other employees. They expect a 50-60 hr work week, but do not put in the time themselves. They make passive aggressive comments about staff to others when the staff member they are talking about isn't present.

Clean house.

The worst year of my life

Former Employee - IOP Counselor

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There were some good people working there
    If you need client hours for licensure - you can achieve this here

Cons

There were some "not so good people" (who knew little about addictions, difficult to work with, authoritative, demeaning)
    Client care took a 2nd place to politics/money
    Too much work (consistent overtime with no additional pay - 45-50 hours per week). I remember one week when I actually finished early one day (1.5 hours) and tried to go home - only to be harassed. Excuse me - I am salary - if I finish early, I have the right to go home, especially after putting in so many additional hours!!!!

This agency has high turnover because there are problems with the management of the company

I worked at Bradford Health Services

Pros

You have the opportunity to help clients.

Cons

The agency is all about money and the office manager lacks integrity