Bradsby Group

Greg Peay,

Current Employee

Current Employee - Principal in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Principal in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bradsby Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are tenacious and have a dogged determination then you can do well at the Bradsby Group. There is a good combination of support from upper management including weekly instructional meetings with the owner coupled with the freedom to run your own desk. At any given time I can sit down with my immediate supervisor to work through problems or discuss strategies. It is imperative to be focused and self-motivated to do well at the Bradsby Group. In the last year they have flown me to California 3 times for incentive trips and I have made more money than I have with any other employer.

Cons

If you don't understand some simple principles and you don't work your ass off then you will either quit or be fired. This is a high pressure sales environment. Some people don't do well in it. Their are only fleeting moments of satisfaction when you close deals and then it's time to put your head back down, re-double efforts, and work even harder.

Encourage us to use our vacation time to keep "burnout" at bay.

Run!!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Bradsby Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are nice.
    Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.

Cons

100% commission job but they still micro-manage like crazy! They keep track of your calls, breaks, when you enter/leave the building.

Give people more independence. Respect your employees

This place sucks!

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Bradsby Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is nothing I can write about being a "Pro" working at this sweatshop.

Cons

An owner that has an agency staffing mentality from the 1950's. The fact that IF you don't sell and recruit you're considered garbage. This is a total sweatshop for most people and I don't know anyone that works on a draw/commission model anymore

It's 2014....start to act like it.

hard work is rewarded, slackers beware

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bradsby Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sales environment, company has great financials, ESOP program for long-term savings and retirement, leadership is top notch and has the results to prove it, smaller with a unique approach to the executive recruiting industry, great holidays including a full week between Christmas and new years

Cons

draw on commission, always working remotely due to it being a sales environment

Continue hiring but me more selective on finding higher quality individuals

Current Employee

Current Employee - Senior Staff Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bradsby Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work if you can sell and make money and have no ethics. Benefits are average to poor.

Cons

Even as a top performer your days off are suspect. Watchdog mentality. Consistently placing candidates in the front door and taking them from the back door. Inept management if managed at all. Zero career advancement.

Figure out your leadership and rid yourself of the abusive controlling managers without ethical standards.

Sales environment

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Bradsby Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get some recruiting experience and get OUT!

Cons

If you dont produce they will fire you

Senior Account Executive

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Bradsby Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment. BG will hire a mix of talent and see who makes it. Those that do can, enjoy an elite fraternity of Top Gun recruiters in Houston and Denver. The money is top end and the hours are very acceptable. If you're producing, you can take 4-5 weeks vacation with little notice from mgmt.

Cons

Very tough to make it more than a year here. You really have to put in 100% every day for your first 6-12 months and depending on which industry you recruit for, can determine your fortunes. Oil and Gas and your set. If you join a team that in a struggling industry, it could be tough to make it.

Keep doing what you're doing, it works and you're widely regarded as one of the top boutique head hunters in the Country.

The Staffing was outstanding in meeting my assignment

Former Employee - AP Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - AP Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Bradsby Group

Pros

Outstanding Assignment
    Outstanding Staffing
    The assignments allowed to improve my accounting skills.

Cons

I wish I had more assignment with Bradsby Group

None - they are doing an outstanding job.

Churn and Burn Headhunter Shop

Former Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Bradsby Group

Pros

Self directed and lots of holidays. Good place to work while you are looking for a real job.

Cons

They throw you into the pool and you better know how to swim. They go through Account Executives and Recruiters, so they are constantly hiring. See Craigslist as there will be an ad for an "Executive Recruiter"

Take better care of your people.

It's been an amazing professional growth opportunity that is also very lucrative.

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bradsby Group

Pros

It's a sales environment so the financials are transparent and straightforward. Also, the commission structure is on the high end of the market generally and you get a 10% bump in take home after you cross a reasonable production goal. There are more than 60 recruiters dedicated to 8 industry groups and is a wide variety of backgrounds and recruiting styles and almost everyone is very generous with their time in helping colleagues. Also, there are tremendous resources dedicated to researchers and databases and online tools so you can focus on your job and waste time clicking around the web. Huge earning potential, great people and terrific resources. What's not to like??

Cons

Self-management is key. You've got to plan your day and implement it. You've also must have asll of the skills of a full desk - you need to be able to write a job order and recruit. Can't do just one or the other.

Better communication about the fact that Bradsby Group has an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), an employee benefit plan which makes Bradsby Group employees owners of stock in the company and how new employess can participate and benefit would be hugely helpful.