Brady Reviews

Reset
2.4
Brady President, CEO & Director J. Michael Nauman
J. Michael Nauman

Pros
  • Work-life balance is really good (in 10 reviews)

• The pay is not bad and it is a very relaxed atmosphere with some good People to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They had a major layoff a couple years back (in 3 reviews)

Sr Mfg Engineer Tech

Former Employee - Senior Mfg Engineer Tech in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Mfg Engineer Tech in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brady full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, good benefits, promote from inside, always a very stable company

Cons

Alarmed and shocked by recent findings the company is struggling

Advice to Management

What happened here that I see all this. Take Notice

2. No Manager and Slightly Racially Ignorant

Former Employee - CAD Technician in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - CAD Technician in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brady part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most staff was kind and nice.

Cons

No manager for first month. Walked passed my fill in managers cubical and overheard what could be interpreted as racial ignorance.

Advice to Management

No new employee should be left with out guidance for almost 2 months. How can I see value in my work?

Drifting is NOT a Business Strategy

Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brady full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent work life balance, rank & file work colleagues are generally good to work with.

Cons

Another clueless senior management team that has no idea how to reverse the fortunes of this once great company. CEO doesn't value employees that have seniority dating back to the "good old days" when this was a money making machine. He's trying everything to run people with seniority out of the company. This, along with people leaving on their own has left a huge void in the talent and skill level throughout the company. Short sighted decisions have turned this company into the "Titanic" and are trying to tidy things up for a potential sale or divestiture.

Advice to Management

Drifting is something that's done when fishing. It's NOT a business strategy yet this executive team continues to make the same mistakes as their predecessors. Ill-advise acquisitions seems to justify huge bonuses and salaries for them but not the rank and file employees who ARE the company and do all the work. The company is on life-support and the management team and it's netowk of consultants( who REALLY run the company) should be held accountable.

Career at Brady difficult to come by

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brady full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement and competitive wages

Cons

The yearly downsizing tends to hit people who have been at Brady a long time. Easier to get rid of a loyal employee and hire a temp. at half the price.

Advice to Management

One of your benches on the walking path reads "Investment in people" however your almost yearly "culling of the herd" suggests otherwise. Your employees invest in Brady when they stay and many times get rewarded by their careers being up ended and forcing them to start over.

Striving for mediocrity

Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brady full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Some cool internal projects and opportunities to work across functions and departments. I had the chance to be a part of internal teams that allowed me to do things beyond just my job description. A big focus on business operations and how things work.

Cons

It was company that made me feel invisible. For as much as leadership talked about values and opportunity, I never felt so overlooked. I couldn't get approval to go to conferences or take classes (even though some of those are benefits promised by HR, budget cuts prevented them from being a reality). I wanted to be ambitious but it was lost of management. I left because I had nowhere to go, even with some internal people advocating for me.With cut benefits, no bonus and not even cost of living wage increases, it didn't make any sense to stick around.

Advice to Management

You're doing it wrong. And a lucky you still get good pay and benefits, something to think about when you take it away from the workers.

Next Up?

Former Employee - WPS in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - WPS in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brady full-time

Pros

Non. No reason for anyone to every want to work here. Layoffs, layoffs, layoffs and bean counting CEO who keeps setting him self up for bonuses when nobody else had received any over the last two years.

Cons

Finally, they've terminated a few of the good old boys (and girls) who have been around too long and driven the Co into the ground. When does Brady address HR deficiencies and WPS Leadership? The last 2 years have been a complete failure.

Advice to Management

Get some true leaders in who can treat people with respect and listen to good ideas. Until you embrace and empower your employees, they will never want to go the extra mile to help you succeed.

Sr. Quality Assurance

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brady

Pros

Excellent work enviroment. Global experience accum

Cons

Need to work in the definition of career path for employees

Advice to Management

Push more fore the innovation

Brady Still Sliding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brady full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The casual work environment. Work-life balance is OK. Air conditioned plants. The 401K matching program is among the best.

Cons

Brady has had some very bad years mostly due to poor upper management decisions. Poor upper management includes the board. We pay VP's to write simple childish business plans for the employees to follow; The plans are laughable. No one below the director level buys into any of it. Long term employees, the ones that made Brady what it was, are treated poorly with below market raises. The new hires seem to be hired for the short term, It almost seems that the company is trying to fail. The streamlined systems don't work and only add more work downstream. There is no value to HR or their systems that have been put in place. Training funds are cut every year.

Advice to Management

Start clearing house at the top. Until the clearing occurs the company will continue to sink. Listen to the employees. The CEO has been here for ~1/2 year, I hope he can see though the BS.,

Very cooperative

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brady full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is really good. People are work are very nice and easy to get along with. Comp-time off is allowed.

Cons

Training is not very elaborate. But one can get resources for self-training. Company likes to fill positions from within first, so great promotion opportunities if one is willing to pursue.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brady full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Culture, Family like atmosphere, decent pay, well taken care of by the company, pretty fair work-life balance

Cons

Merit increase is minimal at this time, frequent company simplifications, fairly unorganized (growing pains.)

RSS Feed </> Embed