Brady

Brady Interim President & CEO Thomas J. Felmer

Thomas J. Felmer

Customer Service

Customer Service (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsExcellent training, everyone very helpful, can have a personal life. Very friendly atmosphere with people willing to help you do your job well.

ConsThere are no cons as far as I am concerned. One of the best companies I have ever worked for in my life.

Inside Sales Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat entry level position for someone who doesnt have alot of expenses

ConsTime off policies , Work drama, personal on the job relationships, low pay for what you actually expected to do.

Unable to stay focused on one idea

Marketing (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

Prosgood pay and bonus system

Conslimited communication between departments; constant reorganizations

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Engineer

Field Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsWorking at different types of plants and businesses.

ConsLiving in a hotel 4 day a week.

Good place to work when economy is good

ProsEmployee friendly atmosphere, but management is not what it seems

ConsFrequent direction changes cause to many employee disruptions in wori flow

Company that screws over their dedicated employees, scams their customers, and has terrible management!

Puller/Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsI really wanted to find a pro, so this post wouldn't seem one-sided. But I just can't.

Cons-Takes 2+ years to hire a temp, after telling them they would get a review and hired after 6 months.
    - Management absolutely sucks, they just sit pretty while ordering around the employees with an ungrateful attitude. Even though us "lower scale" employees help make the most of their salary.
    - Management does nothing when problems arise. They never confront a person, therefor problems worsen making it a more difficult place to work.
    -They don't know what they're doing. Always moving around location to location, leaving many dedicated workers jobless and anxious.
    - They constantly promise things, and never follow through.
    - Bad pay, Terrible raises (if any).
    - They literally scam customers, sending them things they never ordered and billing them. When a customer doesn't pay for the item they never ordered, they then send them to collections.
    - Employees feel very unappreciated.
    - Benefits lack. You're better off with Obama care.

Advice to Senior Management-Get off your high horses.
    -Respect and appreciate the people under you, your fellow employees that help bring in a big portion of your salary.
    - Stop moving location to location without any warning to the workers. And when you do, don't promise them positions and shifts that you can't deliver.
    - Have the managers listen and follow through with the employees problems and concerns.
    - Give better pay and raises. I guarantee you, once you appreciate your workers they will appreciate the company more. Which means, a better atmosphere for Brady.
    - Find other ways to make money. Scamming people is very wrong. Remember money doesn't follow you to your grave.
    - Instead of spending 90,000 on a lunch room that looks like it costed 10 grand. How about raises to the employees who have been working their butts off to provide for them and their families?

If it were 2004, Brady would be a great company, however, it is 2014 and thus it is far from even good.

ProsWith the exception of the executive management, the people at Brady are great people.

ConsExecutive management is terrible and they are clueless to even realize that they are as bad as they appear. There is no accountability with the executives.

Advice to Senior Managementfor the good of the company, all executives should resign.

I have loved working at Brady, great culture!

Pros* Everyone is extremely helpful and friendly, a true open-door policy
    * Lot of opportunity to move around and upward in the company, great place to gain a variety of experience

Cons* Low employee morale right now due to the number of changes that have occurred in the last 1.5 years

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to improve company morale and retain your current employees, it's a shame to see so many people quit.

Overall a positive work experience

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Branford, CT

ProsI worked for a division of Brady for many years. Prior to 2008 company was growing and a leader in customer satisfaction and employees had many avenues to give input and ideas.
    A lot of great benefits & local incentive programs to contribute to the company well being.

ConsUnfortunately after 2008 many things and policies changed. Not enough local involvement.
    GM was divided among 3 divisions and attention to detail day-to-day was lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementStill a strong company, decent benefits, more focus on training & developing employees is needed. A fgull time GM at each site is needed to get feedback from the on site employees to make the company strong again. Not just in Milwaukee. All divisions.

Good place to work & No growth in Carree

ProsCulture, Work/Life Balance, colleagues

ConsNo clarity on future & huge down trend in Business

Advice to Senior ManagementPls be clear in your communications to employees

Worked for Brady? Contribute to the Community!