Brain Balance Reviews

2.9
CEO

1. Part time

I have been working at Brain Balance part-time

Pros

Work is challenging and rewarding

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling, training needs improvement

Advice to Management

Salary could be better. Non-negotiable starting pay is low.

2. Brain balance

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time

Pros

Good pay Excellent incentive program Rewarding to see the kids

Cons

Terrible terrible work/home balance 50+ hour week Some bait and switch Unclear roles Very big emphasis on sales No benefits, at least in my store

Advice to Management

Care about employees a little more

3. Center Director

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge program. Love the way we are all effecting families lives!

Cons

Not enough people know about us yet in this area!

Sensory Motor Coach

I have been working at Brain Balance part-time

Pros

-This is the perfect Job for college or graduate students -Convenient hours are offered, especially to those in need of a part time job -You get to work with a small team at Brain balance and everyone knows each other well -There is a fun, positive, upbeat atmosphere at brain balance and its pretty cool knowing that you are helping children and their families

Cons

Some things about the job that I would say are that there are not many career advancements or positions available. Also, there are not many locations around, so getting transferred or getting promoted are pretty rare opportunities. But then again this is a growing company and they are opening new locations, so that may change in the near future

Advice to Management

Since brain balance is growing and starting to advertise, more opportinities may be available in the future. For now, there could be more opportunities for raises. Also possible promotions as well.

6. A very rewarding job!

Current Employee - Coach in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Coach in Cary, NC

I have been working at Brain Balance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined the Brain Balance team after being a graduate of the program in 2012. I saw such amazing results, that I was motivated to go back to college, change my major, and complete my Bachelor's degree in Special Education. During the summers I worked at Brain Balance at the front desk. Once I finished school I was able to continue working at Brain Balance as a coach! This is a wonderful company to work for! Seeing the positive results in the kids is very rewarding, and every milestone is celebrated. All employees work as a close team. When I walk in the door everyday I am greeted with big smiles and enthusiasm. Brain Balance is a cutting edge program that really works and creates permanent lasting change.

Cons

Most employees work part time hours. Must find a second source of income in order to live comfortably. Some months provide many hours, others do not. Brain Balance is a franchise, so this review is subjective to the location and management of where I personally work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Easy to make an impact. cutting edge program.

Pros

Ability to help kids and make a difference in their lives Smart focused colleagues Cutting edge program Variety of work/day Amazing kids at the center Solid training provided Rewarding work

Cons

Parents sometimes have unrealistic expectations for their kids and don't help their kids follow through on the required program homework. It's hard working with kids every day but it's rewarding. Evening hours and occasional weekends are required which is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep offering training.

I LOVE WHAT I DO!

Current Employee - Program Director in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Program Director in Encino, CA

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work hands on with children. Endless opportunities for growth. Extremely rewarding. You get to witness front line positive changes in each child. The program works!

Cons

You have to say bye to the kids and families you work with at some point when they graduate (heart-breaking).

Advice to Management

This review is in reponse to an earlier review posted in January 2015. I just want to make some clarifications: First, the information posted is FRAUDULENT and UNTRUE. Second, I AM THE CURRENT PROGRAM DIRECTOR for the Brain Balance of Encino (have been for the last year), and I sincerely LOVE WHAT I DO. Third, I get paid well (there's is a bonus almost every month) and I get benefits. Lastly, I have never seen a parent cry because their child hasn't improved. If there are ever any tears, they are tears of JOY, HOPE AND SATISFACTION. Seeing the growth and transformation in these kids is priceless. I am confident to say that the program TRULY WORKS. Yes, it can be physically and emotionally draining, but what job that deals with children isn't? At the end of the day it is all worth it and one wakes up the next morning eager to repeat it all over again.

President of Corporate Center

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful program that provides outstanding results for children..great, talented staff and Directors who really care and full timers DO get a wonderful benefits package-including dental, medical, vision and many other options. It's a great place to work:)

Cons

I really haven't found any. We have retail hours so we full-time folks work hard but we are well rewarded- by the outcome of our work and good compensation.

Advice to Management

Find even more ways to give parents more flexibility in programs and schedules.

A company with good intentions turned sour after growing to fast. All about the money.

I worked at Brain Balance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When the company was smaller in size it was better able to handle the franchisee requests. Many wonderful relationships developed over the years.

Cons

At the time there were no benefits, no annual reviews, nothing. People worked hard to help the children. Corporate lost touch as they grew and forgot about the franchisees. Now, all centers are doing different things because corporate doesn't have any original staff on board. They all left and they left with all the protocols and knowledge. Sad to see the company going down hill. It really could have helped children if the corporate staff would have listened to the people on the front lines and listened to their franchisees. New CEO only listens to his staff and his staff doesn't listen to anyone.

Advice to Management

Pay attention! Develop consistent trainings and try to train people on the correct way to run a program. All centers shouldn't have to figure it out on their own. The CEO and the rest of his money hungry corporate crew should listen and learn.

Wouldn't work for them again, nor would I send my child to the program.

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Brain Balance full-time

Pros

Innovative and new ideas to help children 4-19 years of age. If they can get their act together on a corporate level, I see potential. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening.

Cons

It's all about the sales pitch and less about helping the child. Very expensive with not enough proven research. Should be covered by insurance Can't help low income. Lack of support from Corporate Way to much contradicting information. Every center is being run completely different then when you ask for guidance they say they will get back to you and never do. Extremely disappointed in the company and the way they are running their business.

Advice to Management

More continuity, everyone gives different answers! How can you charge parents over $6,000 when every center is being run differently, yet you claim the importance of running the program correctly. Way to many problems with software, consistency and protocols.

RSS Feed </> Embed