Brainlab

www.brainlab.com

Brainlab Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014
Brainlab – Munich – “HQ in Munich”

Brainlab President & CEO Stefan Vilsmeier

Stefan Vilsmeier

Young, fast-paced, and fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Some of the kindest people I have ever met
    - A very young company. It is rare to see people over the age of 35 it seems.
    - A truly fun office environment, without feeling like everyone is just slacking off.

Cons- A very young company. While it is usually a positive, it is difficult to rise through the ranks when you are one of 500 at the exact same age as yourself.

Lots of beautiful words, but few oportunities

ProsLearning experience is really good. The company acts in a small sector of medical business, but has a lot of products. It is a start for a career somewhere else.

ConsThe company hire tons of "pawns" for their chess game. However, they don't pay very well, and they don't care if people quit.
    In the other hand, the other pieces of the game are barely touched.

Training in the company is very specific. You will learn what you need to know to perform your job. They don't give any support for additional courses/ outside training. They love if you stay where you are and don't complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer plan doesn't exist.

Great ride but advancement is limited.

ProsWork hard play hard culture.

ConsBurn employees out with limited career advancement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great group of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westchester, IL

ProsThere is a great work environment with lots of people willing and able to help out. I felt I could rely on my coworkers.

ConsWorking with the people based in Germany was difficult when it came to scheduling meetings or needing a response to something quick. The schedules only overlapped for an hour or two.

SS

Support Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsWork environment. Either travel or work from home

Consextensive travel is possible. No fixed schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Brainlab= Brainwashed... Felt like I was joining a cult

--- (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe salary was not the worst.

ConsFor a company who's products are so "innovative", management is terrified of trying out new workflows or introducing new techniques or methodologies to existing workflows. The level of corporate disfunction, passive-aggressive management style, and layers upon layers of management trees make it difficult to get anything done. Interdependencies between departments, lack of project management and a total dearth of autonomy make projects drag on for months... and years.

It was also hard to ignore that from the c-level down to regional managers- there are very few (if any) women.

They're looking for yes-men who will smile and agree with their bullsh*t.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees, send them to conferences and external trainings! Empower them to empower your department.

Great Place! Great Products! Great People!

Receptionist (Current Employee) Westchester, IL

ProsBrainlab is a very innovative company that leads its industry with Hardware & Software that are a couple of years ahead of the competition. Sean, the President of Inc is very supportive and encouraging of new ideas and innovation as long as it does not conflict with AG.

ConsBe sure to have a good relationship with your direct manager. Most negative employee experiences are probably due to conflict with their direct manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to acknowledge and encourage excellence in the organization.

CS "Clinical Specialist"

Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat young culture. Opportunity for travel.

ConsNot much room to grow fast. The pay scale is not great at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees who are willing to learn and dedicated to the job.

Culture, Youth, Travel, Learn

ProsGreat culture. Smart, young, and cool company (think Apple or Google). Average age seems like it must be between 20-30 yrs, Travel to places you've never been (Germany, all over the USA). Great Benefits (Medical PPO, Dental, Vision). Gratifying work because it influences patient treatment. Company parties a couple times a year (open bars, music, meals, airfare... the works). Lots of perks (frequent flyer miles, hotel stay programs, rental cars, Max per diem $40/day for travel, lots of tools).

ConsPay is on the lower end of the 'competitive' range. Travel can get exhausting. Paperwork and documentation is an ever-present annoyance (welcome to the medical-device industry). Dealing with customers can be tricky (They always expect perfection). Training is getting better but still leaves a lot to be desired. Career advancement happens quickly, but somewhat unexpectedly (hard to plan a career arc). Lots of turnover (employees leave, change job titles, or get promoted after about 2-3 yrs at their position)

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally they are doing a good job.

Very intense travel and lack of co-worker interaction

Applications Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsTraining program is fun and engaging

Cons-excessive travel (weekends and weekdays)
    -lack of respect for personal time
    -lack of face to face communication with coworkers. you are basically a independent contractor in your region
    -lack of skilled management - supervisors only interacted when there was an issue, no personal relationship or investment
    -lack of opportunity for advancement, have to be prepared to be an application consultant for 3+ years before advancing

Advice to Senior Managementengage with your employees on a regular basis and it may prevent turnover

Worked for Brainlab? Contribute to the Community!