Brainscope

2.0

CEO

No life, so-so pay.

I worked at Brainscope

Pros

The people are pretty nice and there were a couple that took a real interest in my work. There were a couple who played some music instruments there so that was nice as well. I learned a little from one of them too. The product is pretty neat and I wish I could have seen it launch. I liked putting together the devices and engineers would always be available to help.

Cons

Some people there especially the executive team have a real mean streak. It's like if the staff were treated as if there was a general distrust in them. The executives think the staff would take advantage of the company if not watched closely. I saw so many people working late nights all the time and some of their hardest workers didn't get any raise or promotions even though they'd be constantly working over 60 hours a week. They say it was always a fire there. I felt bad for them all especially some of the engineers. Meanwhile, executives would get multiple promotions and not financially appreciate all the work all the us did. That's just wrong. It's been awhile but I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

Actually treat employees as if they're your best asset, not just mouth it ya know.

Do you want a life?

I worked at Brainscope

Pros

You learn a lot through working a lot. The quality system is very considerably defined. It might not be perfect, but people are very quality oriented. Work efficiency is really high. Some co-workers are really nice.

Cons

No work life balance, which is actually no life. The upper management is too stressed working towards fundings to care about employee's life. They expect you to work 50+ usually 55-60 hours/week. Turn over rate is high. Employees are not happy. Upper management sometimes handles things towards inelegant means. Don't know if the product is going to work out.

Try to be nice to people. Win people's trust is the key towards success.