www.brainshark.com

Updated January 17, 2015
Updated January 17, 2015
3.2

Joe Gustafson

Pros
  • Great products, excellent marketing support for sale, some really great people, ability to learn a lot (in 6 reviews)

• Great People, great product, amazing team building and imporoving the products at all times and decent salary (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Meager benefits: no employer 401K match, limited vacation, sick, personal time, etc (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management just wants to sell the company and get out (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Product and People

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brainshark has great products and professional services, and over the last 14 months has continued to build upon what was an acceptable work-life balance that existed when I started with the company three years ago. Management wants to know how they can make Brainshark and employment with the company better. As such, they implemented a process this past year to get feedback from employees through periodic employee surveys, and have formed committees made up of employees to analyze the feedback and make recommendations to management. Results of this approach have been very positive as management listens and takes action. Examples of this include additional time-off and 401K matching. The company also doesn't rest on its laurels. They are constantly upgrading the technology and developing new products and partnerships to meet the sales productivity challenges companies face in today's fast paced environment. One of the most important things that makes this a great place to work, is the people, who are very smart, energetic, fun and always willing to help.

Cons

While every company has areas that they can improve on, Brainshark management seems to be taking the appropriate steps to address any past and present concerns. Therefore, I don't have any particular cons that haven't been or aren't being addressed internally.

Continue on the current product path and listening to employees. Constant improvement is the key.

Great people to work with

Former Employee - National Account Manager
    Former Employee - National Account Manager

I worked at Brainshark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are very nice to work with. Great team work enviroment. I think the company did not have 401k. It was added recently with company match too.

Cons

Management team was going through a lot turn over. Commission rules were changed frenquently as management changed. It is difficult to achieve target with rules changes

Great Company for an Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Brainshark

Pros

The Engineering department at Brainshark is very dynamic and full of intelligent development, QA and UI/UX engineers. There is no room here for arrogant personalities as everyone on the team enjoys collaborating within and outside of the team on a diverse set of projects.

Among the many perks to working as an engineer at Brainshark we enjoy such benefits as using the latest tools for development, working on solution platforms that range from .NET, iOS / Android, JavaScript MVW and Salesforce Apex, great medical/dental/vision/401k benefits, and a variety of treats that are brought in to the team on a weekly basis. We also enjoy each other's company so much we tend to get together as a team after-hours once a month to have some fun eating and drinking.

Some of the amazing projects that we have worked on include the SlideShark iOS app, developing analytics management tools, and a seamless integration with Salesforce.

Cons

We could use more opportunities to work cross-department on projects. With the company growing sometimes it's difficult to see the bigger picture of how other groups in Brainshark are operating and their perceptions on opportunities to grow our products.

We need to continue innovating the product offerings at Brainshark. While we have seen great success from the products we have put together over the years we need to make sure that we don't lose momentum in dreaming up and creating the next great solutions from Brainshark.

Brainshark is circling the drain, do yourself a favor and don't even interview there.

I have been working at Brainshark

Pros

You don't have to work hard.
    If you're incompetent you might get promoted.

Cons

The nepotism at this company is disgusting!
    They post fake positive reviews on Glassdoor.
    Slideshark is impossible to sell because it's free.

Stop posting fake reviews on Glassdoor.
    Don't sell the company because you'll never get a real job at another company.

Very Proud of this Company and the Direction Leadership has Chosen

Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brainshark has always been a great place to work. Great people and great culture. Now a (must have) product release and focused corporate direction towards significant market opportunities has made this the best place to work as a Sales professional.

Cons

Middle management is poor. They micromanage and get in the way of real productivity.

To Executive Leadership-Keep up the good work. Brainshark has created to a true end to end Sales Productivity Solution. Let's own this market.

Middle management- Please stop with the micromanagement.

So fortunate to be a part of this great company.

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and people that are passionate about making customers happy. I truly enjoy coming to work every day and working with fellow employees. We feel like we are part of something that will just continue to grow and we are proud to be able to contribute. Love that we are frequently given the chance to learn and grow and promotions frequently come from within.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that is significant enough to include in my review.

Continue to promote from within, give employees a voice (which they do!) and keep "Customer First" as an ongoing theme. Our customers appreciate it and employees benefit from the praise customers share with us about our products and services.

Outstanding culture, people, products

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking management, collaborative culture, open communication, lots of smart people with strong shared values. It's a fun place to work.

Cons

Some growing pains and organizational change, nothing that can't be managed.

will always be a small private company

Former Employee - Customer Success
    Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Brainshark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are very nice. Work-life balance is average, depending on who your manager is. Working with clients on their content is also interesting.

Cons

Nepotism is rampant. The commute is terrible. Work flexibility is non-existent, except for a special few. Constantly hiring incompetent managers, then promoting them - very frustrating. No growth potential at all: career-wise, and product-wise.

Not A Bad Place to Work!

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Freindly people, decent hours, good benefits-What more does a person need?

Cons

Not the best boss but cetainly not the worst!

Give a bit more to your employees.

Customer Service Admin

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Administrative in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Administrative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Brainshark full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like to be busy, learn the business process and have someone who is willing an able to train me.

Cons

No benefits, temp job, was working for order entry and A/R to clean up a year's worth of mess.

Be more organized, do not leave files out where sales reps can pawn thru them. No promotions, too far away and time off was not an option.

Brainshark Photos