www.brainshark.com

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
3.1

Joe Gustafson

Pros
  • Great products, excellent marketing support for sale, some really great people, ability to learn a lot (in 5 reviews)

• Great People, great product, amazing team building and imporoving the products at all times and decent salary (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Meager benefits: no employer 401K match, limited vacation, sick, personal time, etc (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management just wants to sell the company and get out (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Proud of this Company and the Direction Leadership has Chosen

Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brainshark has always been a great place to work. Great people and great culture. Now a (must have) product release and focused corporate direction towards significant market opportunities has made this the best place to work as a Sales professional.

Cons

Middle management is poor. They micromanage and get in the way of real productivity.

To Executive Leadership-Keep up the good work. Brainshark has created to a true end to end Sales Productivity Solution. Let's own this market.

Middle management- Please stop with the micromanagement.

So fortunate to be a part of this great company.

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and people that are passionate about making customers happy. I truly enjoy coming to work every day and working with fellow employees. We feel like we are part of something that will just continue to grow and we are proud to be able to contribute. Love that we are frequently given the chance to learn and grow and promotions frequently come from within.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that is significant enough to include in my review.

Continue to promote from within, give employees a voice (which they do!) and keep "Customer First" as an ongoing theme. Our customers appreciate it and employees benefit from the praise customers share with us about our products and services.

Outstanding culture, people, products

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Forward thinking management, collaborative culture, open communication, lots of smart people with strong shared values. It's a fun place to work.

Cons

Some growing pains and organizational change, nothing that can't be managed.

will always be a small private company

Former Employee - Customer Success
    Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Brainshark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are very nice. Work-life balance is average, depending on who your manager is. Working with clients on their content is also interesting.

Cons

Nepotism is rampant. The commute is terrible. Work flexibility is non-existent, except for a special few. Constantly hiring incompetent managers, then promoting them - very frustrating. No growth potential at all: career-wise, and product-wise.

Not A Bad Place to Work!

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Freindly people, decent hours, good benefits-What more does a person need?

Cons

Not the best boss but cetainly not the worst!

Give a bit more to your employees.

Customer Service Admin

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Administrative in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Administrative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Brainshark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like to be busy, learn the business process and have someone who is willing an able to train me.

Cons

No benefits, temp job, was working for order entry and A/R to clean up a year's worth of mess.

Be more organized, do not leave files out where sales reps can pawn thru them. No promotions, too far away and time off was not an option.

Great place to grow and specialize in your field

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Could not be happier with the department I'm in at Brainshark. There's a lot of room for growth, you're able to contribute and innovate and your ideas are heard and supported. I've been able to grow my skills and learn a lot about the industry in a short time. Very happy with my team and my manager and the opportunities that I've been given. Never feel micro-managed. Awesome environment, great team atmosphere.

Cons

I've seen a constant struggle with sales since I started working here. Beyond the normal uncertainty that happens in a sales environment, there's been way too much overhaul happening and a lot of salespeople here feel sideswiped by the decisions that are made. Turnover seems a bit high.

Invest more in the Sales Operations team - lack of headcount is affecting the ability to iron out processes and take on additional projects. Upper sales management feels very disconnected from the rest of the company.

Transitions aren't easy - Sometimes the right ones are the hardest - Sinking Ship ? Nonsense !

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Brainshark full-time

Pros

No one comes close re: innovation, mobility, functionality, support, and "real" business value/ROI. Sr. Management showing willingness to ride some "waves" (nothing more) as necessary transitions are made in sales & marketing. Continually raising the bar for support, customer experience, and customer value.

Cons

Temporarily going through a transition that was impact on status quo for sales and marketing teams. This naturally causes responses like the recent "reef" comment. Requires staying focused and not getting caught up in the hype. Still a disconnect between new sales management and "reality" but that is coming along.

Reconsider the current "non-sales" approach to reengineering sales, be careful of moving to a "cheaper" sales model too soon.

Brainshark is Tanking

Current Employee - Current Employee Afraid to Disclose in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Current Employee Afraid to Disclose in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Brainshark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close to the T Station so commuting to work is easy by rail.

Cons

People are leaving this company in droves. Management is clearly not experienced, stupid or both. The product is old and is having trouble in the marketplace competing with other solutions.

Do something that actually makes sense.

The worst

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Brainshark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some good people who work at the company and you occasionally get free food. The bathrooms are also pretty clean in the morning. If you like sharks, there are a few that hang from the ceiling like an aquarium. The seven year old in me was very impressed with that.

Cons

Everything else. Management is terrible, pay is terrible, benefits are terrible. The building even smells. I worked in customer service for about year, but just couldn't make it to that 365 day mark. In the span of a week we were given three times the work we had been hired to do. They also hired someone with ZERO management experience to be the support manager and guess what? She was terrible too. I have had many jobs in my day and a lot of different bosses. Never did I have one who was 100% not qualified to be in a management position. STUPID. Leaving this place was the best decision I have ever made. DON'T EVEN APPLY HERE.

go pet a puppy or something and cheer yourselves up.

Brainshark Photos