Brand Fever Reviews

Updated March 17, 2015
7 reviews filtered by
4.9
Vicky Jones

1. Fast-paced learning environment for a designer.

Former Employee - Junior Design Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Junior Design Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brand Fever full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ The people here are amazing. I definitely felt I had a "work family" at Brand Fever.
    + Intelligence– this team knows what they are doing, and they'll pass their expertise on with a smile. This was huge for a designer like myself with a thirst for knowledge.
    + Good culture. Bagels on Mondays, beer + wine Fridays.
    + Dog-friendly office.
    + Pro-bono work and volunteering.
    + Actively listened to wants/needs in regards to types of projects, promotions, hours, etc.

Cons

- Project timelines were hectic frequently.
    - Could have a larger amount of creative freedom/trust with clients (less "order taking" and more creative thinking).
    - Designers don't always interact with new clients– sometimes it's nice to see/meet what you're branding.

Advice to Management

As stated in cons, work-life balance could be a little better, but overall a great place to work.

From my first interview to the day I said goodbye, the BF team made me feel right at home. These are wonderful people who I plan to stay friends with for a long time.

I am grateful for my experience at Brand Fever!

2. "Fever" You Will Want to Catch

Former Employee - Director, Account Planning and Strategy in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director, Account Planning and Strategy in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brand Fever full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brand Fever is comprised of the industry's best-in-class marketing professionals who deliver results through actionable brand strategy, creative innovation and superior customer service every day. A culture of values, respect and hard work keeps this team laser focused on the needs of each client as well as each employee. Known for their commitment to provide work-life balance, fair compensation and a winning culture makes Brand Fever a great place to work. Those who truly possess and embrace their entrepreneurial spirit and inherent drive to be the best they can be will thrive here.

Cons

There is nothing complacent about the pace and rigor at Brand Fever, so, on-the-job training is a norm.

Brand Fever Response

Dec 30, 2014Operations and HR Manager

Thank you, we appreciate your time and commitment spent in writing this review. Your valuable insight helps Brand Fever to acknowledge what we are doing well and those things that we can/ should ... More

Great team and fun projects

I worked at Brand Fever full-time

Pros

Work life balance was nice, working with a great creative team, given some autonomy about how to work. Good culture and a real intent to do great work.

Cons

A bit hectic and unorganized PM style led to unrealistic deadlines and undefined scope that lets clients have an open scope. Promises from management were ignored or changed.

Advice to Management

Trust your people, be transparent about growth opportunities. Do what you say you will. Pick a program and stick with it.

5. High paced corporate firm with amazing personality and a diverse porfolio

Former Contractor - Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brand Fever as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing, everyone is always super helpful to one another and the work ethic of the employees' is second to none. The office space is beautiful and conducive to a good working environment. They are also very accommodating with employee schedules. A diverse portfolio and large range of capabilities that helped me grow as a designer.

Cons

Traffic can be a nightmare

6. Brand Fever... A Company Worthy of My Best!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brand Fever full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Exceedingly family oriented atmosphere
    - Great benefits including Paid Time Off and Group Insurance
    - Leading edge web-based training offered and encouraged by management
    - Secure and covered parking garage provided to employees who commute via automobile
    - Closely knit employee relationships are promoted by various "group outings" throughout the year

Cons

Atlanta traffic, at times, can be a bear

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Vicky!

7. High Value on Design with an Amazing Team.

Former Employee - Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brand Fever full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not a better place for a designer to cut their teeth. The experience you gain at The Jones Group will leave you well-equipped to flourish in a design career. There is a high-priority placed both on quality design as well as assembling the highest quality team to achieve the company's goals. The team there is wonderful.

Cons

The pace can be brisk. Even when working efficiently it can be a challenge to maintain work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Clear communication from bottom to top is crucial to understand the matters at hand. Continuing to place an emphasis on open lines of communication will ensure continued success at a wonderful agency.

8. Wonderful Group of Talented People

I worked at Brand Fever

Pros

The pros are plentiful. I love this agency for the people that work there (past and present). There are solid hiring processes in place that benefit the entire team, which translates to you can rely on those around you. Everyone is committed to doing exceptional work for the clients and to uphold the solid reputation of the agency.

Cons

The cons are few and minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Performance evaluations could happen in a more timely manner. The music choices played over the stereo system could be more diverse.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to not only listen to your key employees but to take their advice. There is a tendency to hear everyone out for the sake of a democratic process but the end result is always pre-determined.