Brand Institute Reviews

1. Fantastic Opportunity to Develop Creative Talent

Former Employee - Creative Name Developer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Creative Name Developer in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute

Pros

Brand Institute provided me with an outstanding opportunity to advance my career in the creative field. This was my first job out of college and I very quickly had the opportunity to contribute to the creative process for major, world-renowned brands. I was incredibly proud to see my work on the shelves in my local pharmacy.

While at BI, I learned the pharmaceutical marketing field inside-out and mastered the nuances of both trademark law and the regulatory environment in the US and abroad. This has been a crucial component of my career development and I am very thankful for the opportunity to work alongside many people who are experts in their fields. Everyone was always willing to lend a hand and share their expertise.

Cons

BI expects its employees to perform at a high level, but staff are well compensated for the effort they put in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Shady Business

Former Employee - Marketing/Copywriter in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing/Copywriter in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big name clients with deep pockets. The pharmaceutical industry keeps expanding and clearly will continue to do so. The company is well established. The Miami office has a central location downtown and the area is improving.

Cons

When I applied for the job they ask for a timed writing sample right off the bat. That's no problem but you must sign a release allowing them to use your work. In my case I had to create names for new pharmaceuticals. They describe the drug and its effects and you have to come up with a dozen names for several different products. After turning in my writing I had a (very) brief interview and then never heard from them again. I later met a fellow copywriter who had the exact same experience. We agreed that this was probably The Brand Institute's business model: always be hiring but never actually hire. Have the job applicants do your work for free and charge the clients. Pretty brilliant but very shady.

Advice to Management

Be honest

3. Fantastic chance to grow!

I have been working at Brand Institute

Pros

I have been working for the market research department at Brand Institute since I graduated from college, and it has been a great experience. The company has been growing since I started, and the service offerings are constantly expanding which provide me with a lot of opportunities to learn new research techniques. The company is very fast pace but everyone in the company is extremely helpful. All the people I worked with are friendly and the work environment is fun. The managements are very generous and fair.

Cons

It could be stressful at times since we need to meet all clients’ deadline. If you are looking for an easy 9-5 position, Brand Institute is not for you.

Advice to Management

None at this time

5. Great company to work for

I have been working at Brand Institute

Pros

Because we work with big companies introducing new products into the market (both in the healthcare and consumer areas), as market research analysts we are aware of the new products that will be available first.

Cons

It is not a con, but you have to be willing to do your work. There is no micromanagement

6. Great Market Research Team

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Projects are divided evenly, plenty of professional to use as resources, group work environment and well managed

Cons

If you are not a detailed employee you may be left behind

Advice to Management

Keep continuing to improve.

7. Amazing Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’m proud to work at Brand Institute. I have the privilege of working with amazing colleagues on challenging and interesting projects across a variety of product categories. I am able to apply cutting-edge market research techniques to real world problems in a way that serves our clients well.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work hard. The great success that BI and its employees experience requires effort that is rewarded well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Don't believe the stars you see over here.

Former Employee - Market Research in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Market Research in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute

Pros

they give you gifts and food based on the sales performance of the month.

Cons

CEO is bipolar and his mood is up and down it's crazy. They will treat you like crap one day and the next day they are so nice to you. It's just like the abusive relationship of your dream. Management forces you to write a good review on this.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the top management then the company will be a better place for all the employees.

Excellent job environment to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

well paid jobs, and lots of benefits including free lunch several times over the month and almost every month free restaurant lunch with your coworkers in a 2 hour lunch time.

Cons

the food is the same pretty much the whole year but since is free I guess is no easy to complain, but they should change the menu and places whee people eat very certain period of time.

Advice to Management

change the food places once and a while

Restrictive business travel policy

Current Employee - New Business Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - New Business Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO is old school & of that "Mad Men" era. We all have to wear collared shirts & ties & no off the sholuder tops or open toe shoes for the women, even though I can only remember a client coming to our Miami office once in the last 6 years!
    CEO still enjoys his martini lunches & goes out to get his shoes shined. Actually he and the CFO enjoy their lunchtime drinks a little too much some days as his meetings can get rowdy & its office smells of booze. Just something to be aware of if your not used to working in such an environment as it can be a little off putting & threatening sometimes, especially if you're female

Cons

All airfares & hotel stays have by protocol to be booked upon the CFO's credit card. All loyality travel awards for business trips are company property & used by the CFO. Directors in breach of this rule have been fired! Crazy to let good people go but it has happened & sometimes just because they were unaware of this restrictive travel practice.

Advice to Management

I think you should lead by example, I know it's your company but in this day & age lunch-time drinking binges aren't politically correct & I think undermine the employees respect for the CEO & his senior leadership. Please pay a higher rate on the 401K plan, 0.5% match is not competitive.

Expect to work hard, but also expect to learn and grow. And hopefully love what you do!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am proud to tell people where I work and what this company has accomplished. I didn't know the first thing about the drug naming and approval process until I started working at BI. I find being part of that process rewarding, and I learn something new every day in the quickly advancing field of pharmaceuticals.
    The benefits are good, including free medical insurance. When sales goals are met we are recognized with pizza & subs, a steak lunch, and occasionally cash bonuses. Based on the size of my department, I appreciate the opportunity to get to know my co-workers better than if I worked for a larger corporation. Once you complete training, you pretty much work on your own without anyone breathing down your neck. Yet there's always someone there to answer your questions and ensure you're doing the job correctly. The key to survival - Get your work done, correctly and on time and you should be fine...

Our CEO and founder Mr. Dettore is personable, upbeat, and an obvious visionary. He seems to have discovered the recipe for a sustainable and invaluable company that is destined for further growth and success.

Cons

The hours are strict, deadlines are constantly changing, and the workload can seem impossible at times, so expect to stay late or come in early to get your projects completed. The work can be monotonous at times, so it definitely takes a motivated individual to succeed. Unfortunately, opportunities for advancement seem to be rare, based on what I've seen/heard, especially within my department. Upon researching the average salary at BI for my position, I feel I am underpaid. Hopefully, with continued hard work, handling heavy workloads, completing projects on time, etc. I can continue to succeed and be adequately compensated based on the efforts I put forth.

Advice to Management

I would recommend to management to provide positive feedback when deserved and periodical job performance evaluations. With the demanding work load that every employee has, I can see how that can easily be forgotten, but employees need to feel recognized for their individual hard work and know how they can improve.

Brand Institute Photos