Brandman University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Adjunct Instructor Review of Brandman University

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsOne of the top adult learning brands in Higher Education.

ConsNeed more involvement of adjunct faculty in development of courses.

Awful experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get free courses, but it is a Brandman degree what you can get, so it is nothing to be proud of.

ConsLow pay. Not challenging. Lazy people without much to do most of the time. Very poor quality in everything including work tasks, classes. You find many Directors everywhere you go, but they are very far from qualified to be directors or manage anything. It is a nest of unqualified people helping each other to have a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the number of directors and senior staff, hire qualified individuals instead of family and friends.

adjunct professsor

ProsExperience teaching students who are motivated

ConsStudents rate adjuncts without regard to their own faults

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate self selected surveys and interview random students

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treated Fairly

Pros- Positive atmosphere
    - Challenging in a good way
    - Personable Leadership

Cons- It can be too numbers driven

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give employees flexibility in their positions. Make sure they are completing what is being asked of them, but allow them to do so in a flexible way.

High-Integrity Student Advisement & Class Assignments!

Psychology Professor (Current Employee) Roseville, CA

ProsUnlike other Adult Model Colleges, Brandman only assigns classes to students whose majors need or require the classes. Students at Brandman University experience degree-focused classes only, so they get their requirements done more quickly, and learn more in their field of endeavour.

ConsI'd say the only "downside" is I really like the Brandman students, and become close to some of them only to say goodbye at the end of a class.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild Client (Student) Service teams like we do in mental health. Have Deans, Recruiters and engaged Instructors work together per field (like Psychology) to strategically engage the region's relevant employers in the program, and in encouraging their employees to get their next degree @ Brandman University!

My 3 years here have been wonderfully challenging and rewarding.

Administration (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat people to work with, innovation is rewarded, systematic changes are not mired in red tape. This is helpful when working to create new and interesting ways to promote life long learning across all employees and students.

ConsI don't think the salary is on par with similar jobs. I find this particularly true of the staff that supports the faculty and students. I think this is moving in a more positive direction and the value of these positions is more in demand.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward innovation and excellence more uniformly across the staff, faculty and students to foster a more forward thinking community.

Great people! Innovative organization.

Assistant Systems Specialist (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsUp to 5 classes per year tuition free. It's a great way to earn a Bachelor, Master's or ED.D. while working.

ConsFewer vacation days than other organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementCombine sick time and vacation into PTO.

Hold on! It is a roller coaster experience.

One Stop Student Service Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsLike many academic environments, Brandman University is flexible and understanding. The educational benefits are amazing as well. A free class every session for yourself, discounts on tuition for your dependents, and once you reach a certain anniversary, free tuition for your dependents.

ConsThe company is still fairly new and are constantly adjusting. The work load is very heavy and there is a lot of stress at the start and end of the sessions. The company has too many generals, not enough grunts, which causes a very frustrating work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication, policies, and procedures are key to your success. Focus on improving these things and the rest will follow.

Something to be desired

ProsFree education for employees, semi relaxed atmosphere

ConsUnless you work in Irvine no room for growth, lots of issues with one-stop model, really small campuses

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on students have similar experiences at all campuses and on employee satisfaction, the rest will come.

Excellent Education for Excellent Adults

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Roseville, CA

ProsExcellent Deans and Instructors!!
    Practical, immediately-applicable skills and concepts comprehension emphasis (vs. rote memorization and lengthy historial and theoretical details)!
    Meant for anyone who is motivated to see their career take off much earlier, will get to class, and doesn't see college as a party!

ConsProbably not as strong for someone who has no idea why he/she is in college. Not great to checking out classes for potential majors as a traditional college.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrandman's program and format is perfect for empowering your employees - They'll immediately apply skills and concepts from the classroom to the workplace. And employees who attend the adult model at Brandman are more motivated, focused and successful.

Worked for Brandman University? Contribute to the Community!