Brandsmart USA

Michael Perlman

specialist

Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Brandsmart USA part-time for less than a year

Prostraining the company does a fine job in training it's employers, they provide you with adequate knowledge of the product lines.

Consunreasonable request, harsh unethical work environment. Management shows no respect for employees and openly practice unethical behavior. During staff meetings they make sexually explicit remarks and unethical recommendations that encourage cheating and deceiving customers blatantly. Trickery is their modus operandi and they stand on this firmly. What ever it takes to drain the customer think with their pockets not yours is their Motto. Sick Sick Sick!!!

Advice to Senior Managementmaintain a respectable work environment

When it comes to the word "cheap", this company fits the bill...

Senior .NET Developer (Former Employee)
Hollywood, FL

I worked at Brandsmart USA full-time for less than a year

ProsNice, helpful, department employees, except for director.
Good base salary.

Cons1. Benefits are extremely sub-par:

2. $12,000 deductible (for a given calendar year) including doctor visits and prescriptions for family medical coverage. When deductible is met, only 50% is covered. No, Life, Short or Long Term disability. No matching 401K plan. Zero PTO days during first year of employment.

3. No Quality Assurance (QA) implemented in SDLC which always cause production problems. Forms and code are constantly re-done to due to the lack of business users taking some accountability and actually taking a look at a screen in QA and signing off to eventually go into production. This causes constant modifications in screens and code when all can be done up front to avoid this recurring issue. Extreme micromanagement in designing of forms and code even if one little thing is out of place or variable names in code don’t suit the directors' idea of what they should be. The director expects everyone to be on his intellectual level and gets irate if you don’t understand something. I always do my best and have never experienced this type of behavior anywhere else. If my best isn’t good enough, they shouldn’t have hired me. I gave no incorrect information on my resume nor in my interview. There were eight other developers before me who quit because of this similar reasoning.

4. I was extremely underutilized. I could go two weeks without doing any kind of work whatsoever.

5. No annual performance reviews.

6. Company keeps track of salaried employees’ time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, get with the times and treat salaried employees like professionals. Lose the micromanagement and scare tactics. Improve your company benefits where employees would want to stay there.

Great Place to work when People are BUYING!!!!!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Brandsmart USA part-time for less than a year

ProsEasy going place, the job is not to hard at all.

ConsManagement does not listen to sales rep!!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new Jobs

Former Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brandsmart USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood company to learn at the bottom some of the best way to sale at 100% commission structure. Great people and products.

ConsFirst, being a small family own business moving up is difficult at best. Having worked at other national retail big box stores they have no clue how to deal with there staff regarding the work life environment and creating a consistent work culture. Management can fulfill the needs of the store without creating slaves out of there staff. If you take care of your staff, they will take care of your company. Second, not recognizing your market share and changing to meet the needs of the consumers you will become a dinosaurs. Cheaper prices is not keep you in the game for ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn, listen and be flexible to your staff. Adapt to the needs of your people and your customers. Your front line knows what you need to keep up with the rest of your competition.

More difficult every year

Appliance Sales (Current Employee)
Kendall, FL

I have been working at Brandsmart USA full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere is an opportunity to make a decent wage. You must bring your A game and master the products.

ConsThe hours worked will drain anyone physically. Company has no loyalty toward sales people and has the attitude they are doing YOU a favor by employing you. Very little margin in the products hence commissions have remained the same for years

Advice to Senior ManagementForget it. Management has no desire to hear advice. Senior management has no presence in the stores. Very sad family company father/son could have been a great place however they borrowed $30 million in April 2013 so who knows what the future ......

low advancement opportunity to move up

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Brandsmart USA full-time for more than 5 years

Prossales staff are great to work with

Conslow positive motivation, and low opportunity to move up to management positions. No balance of family and work schedule.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more positive

Pay can be good, but dying business

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brandsmart USA full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBrandsmart USA Sales Specialists can earn well above average commission during periods when the traffic in the store is solid. You truly can write your own paycheck, if you are a hustler.

ConsManagement is not very good. The company is privately owned and all of the top management have some relationship with the owners. The result is that most of the people in charge of making decisions have no experience outside of Brandsmart USA. During the current economic downturn, they have allowed the business to suffer greatly because of reactive, not proactive, management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the floors of the stores. You really cannot know what is happening by sitting at computers looking at numbers all day. Upper Management needs to take charge of the stores. Allowing inexperienced store management to make big decisions on daily operations without input from corporate has you teetering on the brink of disaster.

Commissioned Sales Person

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brandsmart USA full-time for more than a year

ProsGood money relative to education required. If you do whats required management is flexible to accomodate limited outside obligations.

ConsHard on your feet. Lots of nights and wekends

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more transparency in tracking commisions.

14 Years of Service with them

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Brandsmart USA full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat Managers like family great salary Plus Commisions

ConsAttracts the worst customers Idots

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating the sales right

Overworked, hostile environment, learned a lot.

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Brandsmart USA full-time for more than a year

ProsSenior Merchandising staff is amazing, top of their field. The store culture feels like family.

ConsYou are definitely rallying around a common enemy. The "family owned" aspect apparently justifies total mistreatment of staff. Working on the floor is a beast. They do everything to combat theft, which is a HUGE problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the amazing staff you have. Work on office morale and atmosphere.

Worked for Brandsmart USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brandsmart USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brandsmart USA CEO Michael Perlman. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Brandsmart USA employees.