Brandt Information

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
3.3

Richard Wise

Great part-time job that will increase your communication skills

Current Employee - Labor Market Researcher  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Labor Market Researcher in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Brandt Information part-time for less than a year

Pros

A very friendly environment, everyone is pushing each other to succeed because we are have one big goal to accomplish. Management often provided rewards for meeting goals.

Cons

No room for the lazy at this company, you are expected to be on time and meet your goals or come close.

Give more benefits for people who exceed expectations for their weekly goals

Overqualified and Underpaid: The New Standard of Post-Grad America

Former Employee - "Help Desk Specialist" Aka A Euphemism for "call Center Employee"  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - "Help Desk Specialist" Aka A Euphemism for "call Center Employee" in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Brandt Information part-time for less than a year

Pros

The initial schedule choice (which becomes permanent for 6 months after decided) is somewhat flexible. And money ($11.25/hr).

Cons

To start, I was brought in for an interview under the guise of applying for an open Database Admin position (50K/Yr). Once I sat down, call center work was all that was offered to me. When a company has to lie just to get intelligent professionals in the door, you can imagine the lack of respect they have for both current and prospective employees. In retrospect, I should never have taken the job based on that egregious act alone. Once I began work, I was recognized as an over-qualified employee to be exploited for my talents. I was given multiple projects from different supervisors that I was to complete in addition to my usual call center work. The vast majority of the time, the call center work kept me too busy to work on the projects. Although I was never allocated specific time to work on these projects, I would be reprimanded by my supervisors for not having them completed within a certain time frame. Even after explaining the situation, I experienced several instances of supervisors literally getting "up in my face" and demanding to know when these impossible tasks would be completed. It was a stressful work environment exacerbated by authoritarian supervisors. For example: prepare for them to give you dirty looks for going to make a cup of coffee after working for 4 hours straight. Also, you better poop before you come to work, or hold it during an 8 hour shift, because they will start asking questions about what you were doing while you were gone. This literally happened to me. You also have to ask permission to go get lunch/take a 15 min break, no matter how long of a shift you have been working (I have been told I can't take a break after working for 6 hours nonstop). Avoid this place if you value your sanity and don't want to hate your life.

None, there is a reason this place is a revolving door. The company values of exploitation and manipulation are so deeply embedded it is highly unlikely anything will ever change.

Labor Market Researcher: Learned information regarding the green sector of various jobs around the nation.

Current Employee - Labor Market Researcher  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Labor Market Researcher in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Brandt Information part-time for less than a year

Pros

As an LMR, I was able to gain experience with work that dealt with the U.S. government. I also learned how to compute data.

Cons

Having to call companies as well as self employed individuals, my work colleagues and I were met with annoyance and many hang ups.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low Pay, High Expectations

I worked at Brandt Information full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bonuses throughout the year, free lunches, can make good friends

Cons

They cut a lot of corners, expect more work than they are willing to pay you for; very low pay, some employees are snobbish

Great once, not anymore

I worked at Brandt Information part-time for more than a year

Pros

Encouraging supervisors, nice people in general, flexible with scheduling for college students. Senior management is highly accessible, and it is possible to transfer between departments if you have the skill set for another department. Fantastic corporate culture for a small place that hires a lot of college students.

Cons

Incredibly high turnover for research department - much of it appears to have been triggered by a change in department management and negative changes in the authority structure which downgraded many of the supervisors back into the position that they were previously.

Let supervisors be supervisors and don't turn them into glorified LMRs - many left because they weren't happy working at Brandt anymore.

Such a high turnover rate, not surprising though

Former Employee - Labor Market Researcher  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Labor Market Researcher in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Brandt Information part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling, no weekends, computer work

Cons

Cold calling business that received a survey, people are often rude. Management makes up rules as they please.

Great Place to Learn and Grow

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Brandt Information

Pros

Opportunities to Learn and try new technologies
    Great flexibility for self starters

Cons

Manage your own schedule
    Most work performed on client site

none

Worked for Brandt Information? Contribute to the Community!