Brandywine Senior Living

Updated December 8, 2014
Updated December 8, 2014
4.1

Brenda J. Bacon

I love my job and this company!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Linwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Linwood, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brandywine has a great company culture. The feeling in our communities is one of home and family. The staff works together as a team, with the residents always at the center of the focus. The corporate oversight comes from the angle of support, without micromanagement into operations. New, innovative programs keep things fresh, and the informal motto of, "We change people's lives" is certainly true. The CEO sets the tone, and is always inspirational in her message. She and her corporate team are approachable and supportive. The corporate structure is relatively flat, with easy access to anyone, anytime. Yes, it is a business, and there is a bottom line, but this is not the overt focus. The support is there to meet and exceed the bottom line; however, managing the resident experience and doing the right thing always, with quality and sincerity, lets the bottom line fall into place. Anyone looking for a job as an Executive Director would be lucky to get a position with Brandywine!

Cons

No cons from my point of view

The CNA to resident ratio is nearly 30:1!!!

Current Employee - Care Manager in Selbyville, DE
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Selbyville, DE

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The residents keep you coming back!!! They know most care managers by name and are very appreciative for what we do for them.

Cons

Management is unconcerned about employee concerns. The patient to care manager ratio is ridiculous and very unsafe. No realistic evacuation plan in case of fire. Because of the absurd ratio care managers can't get meal breaks they are not paid for!! A very large amount of residents require lifting and the facility has no assisted devices!!

Please show concern with what employees are telling you and Brandywine would have higher retention rate.

Great place with a great staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick Island, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick Island, DE

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff cares about the residents and treat them like family. It is truly amazing to see the staff interacting with the residents with such compassion. I am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

Just a suggestion really- the atmosphere of the Fenwick location is like a high end hotel but I don't think the concierge desk lives up to that image. I think it should be an enclosed counter so that there is storage shelves and an electric outlet for their laptop. I think it would look more professional and cleaner.

Continue the training and team building as you do, it is what sets this company apart from others in this industry.

It's more than just a job, it's like your second home!

Current Employee - Director of Community Relations
    Current Employee - Director of Community Relations

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brandywine is the best of the best in the industry. The company treats their employees with respect, competitive salaries, amazing benefits, and the corporate team is always just an e-mail or phone call away for assistance with anything! It's definitely driven by great leadership. While the jobs can be demanding, it's also rewarding. There's also room to grow within the company, so you never know when you might get a promotion! You get to see your work pay off in the smiles and satisfaction of those individuals living in the communities. The family members are constantly coming in and complimenting the team and the community, which in itself is also rewarding. Most employees don't consider their team members "co-workers", but rather a second family. The residents in each community also become just like family members, especially those who have been there for years and years.

Cons

The only cons would be that you do have to stay overnight if there is a hurricane, snowstorm, etc. This is the same policy really throughout the healthcare industry. It's to ensure that there are enough hands on deck in case an evacuation is needed.

I feel that Brandywine believes in employee satisfaction and resident happiness.

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When my mom died three years ago,I felt a calling to work with Seniors and my job here at Colts Neck Senior Living has filled that need , From the first day I started I have felt the love and care that each and every worker here has for our residents. Everyone is treated with kindness and respect and that results in a real feeling of family . Our leadership is always opened to hear our ideas which makes all of us feel valued.The door is always open for our compliments or concerns.

Cons

No cons at this time

Couldn't ask for a better employer

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All of the staff and managers are friendly and truly motivated to help promote from within. Amazing work environment

Cons

There aren't enough yet, they only have about 20 building but soon there will be one by you!

This Company cares about its employees and its residents.

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living (more than 10 years)

Pros

Brandywine is one of several senior living companies who care for those who can no longer live at home alone. There are many jobs from dining services, care givers, nurses, maintenance, etc. in the different communities and then there are corporate jobs. The people in corporate spend a lot of time in the communities making sure that the quality care is there for the residents and also that the employees understand and are well-trained for their jobs. The turnover rate of employees is very low compared to others in the industry and one of the reasons this happens is because a lot of effort is put into showing how much the employees are appreciated for the hard work they do every day.

Cons

You have to love people in order to do this kind of work and that may not suit everyone's personality.

Continue to celebrate your employees because they are the ones who make your residents happy. Also, move quickly on new employees or even some old ones who don't have the commitment to quality that the company requires or who are not dependable.

Amazing Family

Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Melville, NY

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Brandywine is an amazing family to work for. We all work together as one, no matter what the circumstances are. There's always room to grow with the company. Every employee cares about the well-being of every resident. It makes us happy when the resident and their families are happy.

Cons

Every job has challenges, but we all work together to overcome them, so really there are no cons to Brandywine.

Your doing a Great Job! Keep up the excellent work.

The best company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are so many opportunities to developed your knowledge base internally through "Brandywine University". This company puts in a tremendous amount of effort to ensure the staff on both the managerial and front line levels have the training needed to be the best they can be at their jobs. The company focuses on the Residents first at all times. The CEO is involved in all aspects of the company and keeps a pulse on what is going on at each community, she is caring and highly ethical. Even as the company grows, there is still a family feel. The corporate staff are a great support to the communities. It's a pleasure and I am proud to work for Brandywine.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

Keep doing what your doing!

Brandywine Senior Living is a health care provider that sets the highest standard of care. Proud to belong to this comp.

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well managed. Well trained employees rendering the best care for the elderly .Most of my co-workers have been with the company long term, not much staff turnover. This is a company that works as a TEAM, that is why it is successful. Our CEO Brenda Bacon, she is the best.

Cons

There is a great competition between providers.

Continue to provide education, training to your employees so we will maintain the best home and best care to the elderly.