Brandywine Senior Living

Updated October 6, 2014
2.7

Brenda J. Bacon

room for growth

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, company is expanding

Cons

little direction from upper level management

Good (albeit biased) until you get on their bad side. Then, they become vicious and will try to ruin your career.

Former Employee - Accountant in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Accountant in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are part of the clique until you stand up for yourself over mistreatment by another employee.

Cons

Unprofessional and racially biased behavior that trickles down from the Chief Operating Officer.

Certain employee(s) were allowed to come and go and mouth off as they pleased. One day, one mouthed off to me for the last time. I had witnesses. At that point, I was marked, and they looked for every little thing to nail me on.

COO bragged about employees getting fired in staff meetings and even referred to the person making those decisions as "The Terminator".

I quit with no notice after the COO gathered the entire staff together and handled out bonuses to select employees in front of everyone (including those not getting bonuses), which was so tacky.

As a consequence of quitting, this place made every effort to badmouth me whenever someone called for a reference check. I lost one job that I know of over it, but it turned out I found something better than that anyway. You are only as good as your last job. So, fortunately this didn't continue to haunt me.

I sent an email rubbing it in their face that they didn't damage me. Perhaps due to feeling insignificant for not making it to the big leagues and being a leader of what amounts to as a very small company and having a constant need to get the last word, not only did they block my email and IP address, but they also tracked down my physical address (I had moved several times since) and sent a letter notifying me of such and threatening me if I contact them again. My role in the matter is debatable (I admit I have a few issues), but I have to say I was quite amused by this but at the same time thought it was pretty sad that they took the time to make the extra effort to bully me. I really pity these people.

I'm not the only one that went through similar treatment. They have a pretty long trail of employees that they've encouraged to quit or viciously fired..

Take classes in professionalism and ethics, but I doubt that will help you.

positive

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice people, good benefits, room for growth with in, company rapidly expanding among the east coast

Cons

if you are looking for a traditional Monday through Friday job this is not for you, every day is mostly the same

Overworked, underpaid

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living

Pros

Residents are what keeps everyone coming back

Cons

Too many residents per care manager.. they need more help!

rewarding to assist seniors with day to day problems, concerns

I worked at Brandywine Senior Living part-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my case, it was an easy commute

Cons

Management does not communicate well with employees
    Employees are advised health benefits are available after 90 days of work regardless if full tie or part time, but after 90 days period advise benefits are not available as promised. No room for advancement and poor pay

Office managers should give employees correct info re benefits at time of hire and not advise none available after 90 days of employment. They should know what benefits are available at time of hire and not give out obsolete info. Concierge is giving responsibilities that ahould be given to care manager or aides, i.e. monitoring AL residents as well as Reflections residents roaming outside building. Proper monitoring. Residents who should be in Reflections but aren't due to lack of space should not be reaponsibility of concierge who at times is busy with other tasks. Lobby, living room, sun room could use a thorough cleaning

Corrupt

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living

Pros

Nice to have a job
    Good benefits

Cons

Bad pay
    No room for advancement

n/a

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living

Pros

nice enviornment, good management staff

Cons

bad hourly pay, too short staffed

hire hard working individuals