Brandywine Senior Living Reviews

Wellness nurse, LPN. Full-time, all shifts

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

excellent management team, great nursing staff, DON is behind you and supports your decisions, lots of opportunity for overtime

Cons

as with any nursing job, long hours, holidays, weekends!

2. The atmosphere is very community like

Current Employee - Server in New London, PA
    Current Employee - Server in New London, PA

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great community like atmosphere Everybody is very friendly The work load is consistent

Cons

Not much room for a promotion Tedious tasks on the day to day Communication can be better

Advice to Management

Communication can be better

3. Ehh

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time

Pros

Work steady hours each week, flexible for shedualing them

Cons

Not to much organization throughout the building, lots of lazy workers

mixed emotions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverford, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverford, PA

I worked at Brandywine Senior Living full-time

Pros

tuition help.. easy enough work.. hours available often

Cons

low pay.. no real advancement.. no Union.. mediocre benefits.. no shift diff or overtime diff

Advice to Management

ca

The CNA to resident ratio is nearly 30:1!!!

Current Employee - Care Manager in Selbyville, DE
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Selbyville, DE

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents keep you coming back!!! They know most care managers by name and are very appreciative for what we do for them.

Cons

Management is unconcerned about employee concerns. The patient to care manager ratio is ridiculous and very unsafe. No realistic evacuation plan in case of fire. Because of the absurd ratio care managers can't get meal breaks they are not paid for!! A very large amount of residents require lifting and the facility has no assisted devices!!

Advice to Management

Please show concern with what employees are telling you and Brandywine would have higher retention rate.

7. It's more than just a job, it's like your second home!

Current Employee - Director of Community Relations
    Current Employee - Director of Community Relations

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brandywine is the best of the best in the industry. The company treats their employees with respect, competitive salaries, amazing benefits, and the corporate team is always just an e-mail or phone call away for assistance with anything! It's definitely driven by great leadership. While the jobs can be demanding, it's also rewarding. There's also room to grow within the company, so you never know when you might get a promotion! You get to see your work pay off in the smiles and satisfaction of those individuals living in the communities. The family members are constantly coming in and complimenting the team and the community, which in itself is also rewarding. Most employees don't consider their team members "co-workers", but rather a second family. The residents in each community also become just like family members, especially those who have been there for years and years.

Cons

The only cons would be that you do have to stay overnight if there is a hurricane, snowstorm, etc. This is the same policy really throughout the healthcare industry. It's to ensure that there are enough hands on deck in case an evacuation is needed.

8. I feel that Brandywine believes in employee satisfaction and resident happiness.

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When my mom died three years ago,I felt a calling to work with Seniors and my job here at Colts Neck Senior Living has filled that need , From the first day I started I have felt the love and care that each and every worker here has for our residents. Everyone is treated with kindness and respect and that results in a real feeling of family . Our leadership is always opened to hear our ideas which makes all of us feel valued.The door is always open for our compliments or concerns.

Cons

No cons at this time

9. Couldn't ask for a better employer

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All of the staff and managers are friendly and truly motivated to help promote from within. Amazing work environment

Cons

There aren't enough yet, they only have about 20 building but soon there will be one by you!

10. I love my job and this company!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Linwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Linwood, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brandywine has a great company culture. The feeling in our communities is one of home and family. The staff works together as a team, with the residents always at the center of the focus. The corporate oversight comes from the angle of support, without micromanagement into operations. New, innovative programs keep things fresh, and the informal motto of, "We change people's lives" is certainly true. The CEO sets the tone, and is always inspirational in her message. She and her corporate team are approachable and supportive. The corporate structure is relatively flat, with easy access to anyone, anytime. Yes, it is a business, and there is a bottom line, but this is not the overt focus. The support is there to meet and exceed the bottom line; however, managing the resident experience and doing the right thing always, with quality and sincerity, lets the bottom line fall into place. Anyone looking for a job as an Executive Director would be lucky to get a position with Brandywine!

Cons

No cons from my point of view

11. Great place with a great staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick Island, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick Island, DE

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff cares about the residents and treat them like family. It is truly amazing to see the staff interacting with the residents with such compassion. I am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

Just a suggestion really- the atmosphere of the Fenwick location is like a high end hotel but I don't think the concierge desk lives up to that image. I think it should be an enclosed counter so that there is storage shelves and an electric outlet for their laptop. I think it would look more professional and cleaner.

Advice to Management

Continue the training and team building as you do, it is what sets this company apart from others in this industry.

RSS Feed </> Embed