Brasil Foods

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brasil Foods CEO José Fay

José Fay

Good company, regular team, poor benefits

Manager (Current Employee) Curitiba (Brazil)

ProsOne of the biggest food company in Brazil.

ConsPoor benefits for employees, they promise better things on paper, never get implemented.

Giant company with "small" managers.

Analyst (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros-Well reconized brands
    -Many experts in different áreas
    -Respect to the individuals and pleasant evironment

Cons-More a public than private company
    -A lot of politics (no meritocracy)
    -Bad salaries
    -Beaurocrativ structure
    -Managers are outdated with 30 years of company
    -Slow company, only good for seniors waiting to retirement

Advice to Senior ManagementChange everything, clean it up, the products and Market are awsome but the company just makes a mess around.

Make it more fair and meritrocratic in order to attrach and retain the talents. Fire the unprepared managers that make a lot of Money and hold the company back.

Great people, but management issues

Junior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsPotential for growing. market leader, friendly and respectful staff. Good salaries comparing to Brazilian market. Great health insurance plan and dental plan.

ConsSince it is a product of a merge, some policies are not well established. Since the company is still trying to find the best model to operate, instability is a problem. Strategy constantly changing, which results in lost of time and efforts. High discount for health insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove benefits. Implement an efficient appraisal system for promotions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brazilian company trying to internationalize it (currently a raw material exporter)

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

Prosprobably the best positioned company in the industry (scale, production competitiveness, financial soundness, global reach)

Consturnaround atmosphere (uncertainty, not-healthy competition). Merge from two same-size competitors (Sadia and Perdigao) needing to create a new/unique culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency and strategy should walk together. Not good to review the company´s entire strategy every 3 years... There´s also a lot to improve on communication and speed on decision making.

Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsA huge company with growing business perspectives in the world.

ConsThere is a negative environment among employees... most of them do not believe in the company and are not satisfied with the job, it is not a cool place to work, people do not like it. After the merger, employees that stayed in the company expected an upgrade in their salaries, benefits and job, which did not happen and people are waiting for a long time without any raise, only cuts in costs. The company did not performed as expected with the merger, there is not a common culture and in general people do not believe in the success of the company. The HR programs, such as the trainee program, are a joke... they promise many things during the hiring process, such as fast growing perspectives and many benefits, and later on they pretend we all understood it wrongly.... Also the current culture of influences is disgusting... it really does not matter if you are outstanding at your job... if you manage to make the senior management happy enough you will be promoted, if you have a different point of view you are fired... if you don't do anything (including working) and keep your mouth shut you keep your job forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up! It is time for BRF to became a professional and serious company, you are loosing talents and money daily.

It was okay, but...

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

ProsSoftware and network speed were good enough to do the work properly, although they severely lacked some back up system that would provide working conditions when all the network crashed. Other than network issues, we could get anything solved in the very same day, as opposed to waiting weeks for anything as in the public companies.

ConsCompany pushes not to pay the benefits we were promised upon hiring offer, like profit sharing or paying for tuition among others. The upper management and management in general lack of focus and alignment with all levels of employment, which makes a lot of employers satisfied since most of them are given goals impossible to reach with the tools and conditions provided by the company.

HR Analyst

Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsA huge Mutinational with sales over 20 Billion USD

ConsThe company is dominated by Brazilian culture . Language is a barrier

Long Term Disappointment

Junior Planning Analyst (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsThe company has a flexible dressing standard. It depends on the area you act, and you can work on jeans and sneakers.

ConsThe Human Resources area is non-existent.
    They do not care if you want to build a carrer. They do not think in terms of "career".
    Leaderships are chosen considering strictly your political influence. It does not really matter if one has qualifications, background experience or the ability to deal with people. It only matters if you know someone who likes you enough to put you in a leadership position. The main point one thinks about when choosing a manager is: who can I put on that position that is my friend, and deserves to have a bigger salary? They will never ask: who can be able to bring best results and cheer people to work better? They do not really car for employees self-being. It goes from the fodds they offer for lunch time, to the lack of transportation to the company building - which stands in the middle of nowhere, with no public transportation access around.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a serious Human Resources Program and a serious Leadership Program, which is capable to stop the culture of "favours", and implement the culture of ethics, values and competence to hold a position.

Worked for Brasil Foods? Contribute to the Community!