Braum's
www.braums.com Oklahoma City, OK 500 to 999 Employees

Braum's Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Drew M. Braum

Pros:
  • "fast paced and challenging with good bonus plan"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The best reasons to work here: good pay, great management, meet great people, usually good customers"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's bad enough that it's barely above minimum wage and part time (I desperately need more hours and/or pay)"
    in 4 reviews
  • "high stress unreasonable expectations as far as sos"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I had an ok experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI have no pros. The business is terrible.

ConsThey have lazy managers. The pay is terrible.

I absolutely loved working here.

Shift Manager (Former Employee)
    Hutchinson, KS

ProsThe management at my store was amazing. I started in high school at a young age and worked my way up through college eventually into the management team. Tons of opportunity for advancing. Very decent pay. Everyone was literally like one big family, even our truck drivers and customers.

ConsToo much gossip within management team.

Cashier/Sales Clerk

Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee)
    Emporia, KS

ProsYummy food all around you. Smells really good and is so tempting!

ConsSporadic hours, might call you at the last minute and tell you to take the day off. Might give you a certain amount of hours during a day but if it isn't busy enough they may send you home after an hour or 2. Lots of standing and walking/jogging around, feet get very tired.

Advice to Senior ManagementPretty good management. Sometimes they were immature to work with though.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Braums

Counter Clerk (Former Employee)
    McPherson, KS

ProsThe food is fresh, good quality and tastes good. I love their icecream. The compensation is not bad for a starting part-time job. The restaurant is kept clean and organized.

ConsEmployees must be able to stand on your feet a long time. At times it gets very busy and everyone has to work extremely fast. Some employees do take enough initiative and so others are doing both jobs at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rewarding the hard working employees. Treat employees well and they are more likely to perform well.

Great experience. I have worked at Braum's for almost 3 years.

ProsI have learned about the business world. Very helpful because I am a business major so it is a very great way to get hands on experience.

ConsIt is hard to get everyone on the same page.

Braum's has excellent management training and the benefits are unbelievable.

Assistant Manager III (Current Employee)
    Commerce, TX

ProsFlexible hours, advancement, benefits, education, and top of the line products. I love our fresh market. We get an truck every other day so all product is fresh.

ConsWorking with lots of kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your guns. Follow all procedures and do not stray from any. SUGGEST SUGGEST SUGGEST!!!

Good first job.

Crew Member (Former Employee)
    Altus, OK

ProsBest crew I ever worked with. Trained employees in every position so there will always be coverage. Really good first job.

ConsStanding for long hours, only 30 minute lunch breaks, some days there are all day food rushes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Be careful who you hire, some people want to be paid to do nothing. Weed the lazy workers out before they're even hired. Saves all that time wasted from training and getting them into the system.

Braum's was a great experience and helped me with several skills I can use in the future.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part about this job was learning how to deal with customers who were not happy.

ConsI only got paid minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have any advice, I was only there for a summer and it was a good experience

I love working at Braum's. It's a fun place to work.

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsI get along really well with my co-workers and have no problems with them or Management. My Managers are really helpful and they always ask me if I need help with something. The training is great, and it's easy to move up into Management through hard work and dedication. The job is very fast-paced, which makes the time go by faster. They are really good at scheduling you around your High School events or college classes. They have a really good "open door" policy with Managers.

ConsYou will receive low pay and no benefits unless if you become a Manager. When you get hired, they give you an Employee card that kind of resembles a credit card. You use it to clock in and it's also intended to purchase meals on your break, but you can also use it on your days off. They take the money out of your paycheck, so it's important to keep track of how much you spend on it. You work LONG shifts, sometimes longer than 8 hours, and you'll work maybe three days a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am completely satisfied with the Management at my store.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

good in beginning horrible in end

Everything But Cooking (Former Employee)
    Yukon, OK

Proscan be friendly, customers are nice

Constwo different braums and each have embarrassed me by shouting or telling people my medical problems

Advice to Senior Managementdont share medical problems

Worked for Braum's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Braum's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Braum's CEO Drew M. Braum. All 61 reviews posted anonymously by Braum's employees.