Braum's

Updated November 13, 2014
Updated November 13, 2014
2.7

Drew M. Braum

Pros
  • No pros really besides the tasty food, ice cream, and grocery store inside the restaurant (in 6 reviews)

• fast paced and challenging with good bonus plan (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hiring manager gossips about employees, is extremely lazy, petty and jealous, and the sole reason for high turnover rate (in 4 reviews)

• It's bad enough that it's barely above minimum wage and part time (I desperately need more hours and/or pay) (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

maintenance technician at ice cream plant in Tuttle

Former Employee - Maintenance in Tuttle, OK
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Tuttle, OK

I worked at Braum's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company. Not going to be sold or closed down. The job is challenging and constantly changing from day to day.

Cons

Braum's considers maintenance as a necessary evil. The work shop is too small for area needed. Tools assigned are too few. Starting salary is fine for inexperience technicians but too low for experienced. The plant is a high stress atmosphere with a few production supervisors that acts like a child when things breaks and things always do. Age for technicians needs to be 25-50.

Unfulfilled promises.

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Tuttle, OK
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Tuttle, OK

I have been working at Braum's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This job was good for me because it was close to family, friends and doctors. I graduated from Tuttle and working at the dairy plant was a good fit for me considering I graduated from Oklahoma state university with a food science degree. One of the positives I can say is that if you are working at the dairy/bakery/farm plant in Tuttle you can purchase meat at a very discounted price.

Cons

I took over a dollar pay cut in order to move close to home. However I was told that within a year I would have three different $0.50 raises. Which would actually put me slightly above what I was previously. When I spoke to management about the reasons that I was not getting the raises as promised I was told that I was never promised any raises. Additionally when another position opened up that would allow me to make more money I was told the position was already filled, however I was never told the company was filling the position so soon.

Better communication between recruiter and hiring managers.

Braum's Photos