Bravo Health, Inc.

Updated May 27, 2014

Jeffrey M Folick

Under qualified management.

Dietary Aid (Current Employee) Elgin, IL

ProsSteady hours and good people to work with. Things run smoothly usually. They have good time off policies so long as notice is given within reasonable time.

ConsThe business isn't growing. Much of the building is understaffed so work loads are a little erratic. Supervisors hardly supervise so there is potential for a lot of slacking off.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring more employees to increase quality of service and decrease strain on workers.

Lost Integrity

Provider Relations (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsSalary & benefits were good, at least until run-up to merger/sale

ConsDirect supervisor insisted I lie to physicians in order to make a company-made problem go away; senior executives were all so new at the time that they didn't seem to know how to handle the problem when I reported it; direct supervisor also increased meetings, written reports and office hours, increasing salaried team's weekly work hours to approximately 60 hrs/week from the roughly 45-50 we were already working. He was trying to make the department look productive without actually increasing productivity/efficiency

Advice to Senior Managementmake integrity a priority, at all levels of the company

Dynamic work environment

Project Manager (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsWhen the company was operating as Bravo Health, the culture was focused on getting a small number of smart people in a room, and finding the solution to the problem. Emphasis on individual contribution.

ConsBravo Health was acquired in 2008 by HealthSpring, and in 2009 by Cigna. I can't speak to how the culture has changed following the most recent acquistion.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trainer II

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with outside of management.

ConsManagement doesn't seem to care about issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to employees and they may stay longer

There is no core value for the company. Different department has different policies

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe hiring process is very easy.

ConsNot a nice place to work longer.

Chronically poor mid-level leadership on the Institutional side.

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe opportunity to clinically manage and positively impact frail elderly in nursing homes; working with dedicated and professional NP's; some flexibility in schedule.

ConsMid-level managers who are inept and insecure, more concerned with their own interests than supporting the needs of those they manage. 24/5 and 24/ 7 call responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at your clinical management team. There is a reason why you lose your best and brightest. Make changes.

Small Company Alot of Policies and work

Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsAlways busy and changing. Never boring ans the people were nice.

ConsNot enough time for lunch breaks, or any break period. My manager was crazy. He was really smart but really strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink Big

Bravo is the home of half baked ideas

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood salary
    average benefits
    management does not micromanage
    We really help our members in my department.
    Team members are dedicated.

ConsIn adequate communication about changes.
    No bodies fault but the company ownership has changed twice in less than 14 months.
    Office is crowded. We need to get more office space.
    No new hires in my dept for almost two years.
    Work load has increased 100-120%. New production goals sent in an email. No discussion about ability to reach goal.
    Top down management.
    Profits increase but no raises in my dept. for over a year.
    Restricted internet access.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more transparent with decision making.
    Please try to fully realize the implications of decisions that you make before changes are implemented.

it is a good place to gain experience and advance your career with another company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsBenefits are good and some flexibility with shifts.

ConsCommunication was not great and no real opportunity for advancement within the company.

Don't go there! Highly toxic and siloed. Company bought out, but heard morale is even worse in call center where I was.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI can't think of any given the level of incompetence in management there. The nice buildings were the only positives, aside from adequate benefits.

ConsTOXIC. incompetent. Call center staff treated poorly (sweatshop) but were saints under the circumstances, many of them highly knowledgeable and dedicated to serving Medicare/Medicaid beneficiaries despite management.
    Highly siloed with poor communications between departments. I feel badly for the beneficiaries who deserve far better than the management of that company were giving them.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about the Golden Rule and how to apply it to those who work for you. Learn about civility and how other companies have transformed their organizations by demanding it from the top down, and have made a lot more money in the process.

Worked for Bravo Health, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!