Bray Controls USA

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
3.6

Craig C. Brown

I enjoyed working at Bray and you never know what you have until you leave it.

Former Employee - Lead R & D Technician/Expeditor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Lead R & D Technician/Expeditor in Houston, TX

I worked at Bray Controls USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was able to freely use my creativity and experience to do my job with very little supervision required but if needed the support was there.

Cons

Most of upper management want quality products to be shipped out to the customer but the extra cost to get this task going (full scale), is more than what seems the company is willing to do. You have to be willing to spend the money to get experienced quality control personnel and to keep the employees that you have.

When you tell an employee that you will follow through with something said, make sure to do it. Do not make promises that you cannot follow through with or at least explain the reason.

Growing fast, opportunity, always learning, and challenging.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bray Controls USA as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The opportunities here are growing tremendously and the company is growing fast. The people here are great to work with and there is a clear goal for the future for where the company should be headed.

Cons

There are many issues with our manufactured parts coming to us as nonconforming. They are trying to hire more manufacturing type engineers to help fix these problems. The projects between valves sometimes cross over each other and make competing the work difficult in a short time frame.

Good place to work, still going through some growing pains.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bray Controls USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bray is a pretty good place to work. There are a lot of good people to work with. As a whole, I find employment here to be enjoyable.

Cons

The workload is often inconsistent. I find that projects are often not well defined or understood. Little guidance is given towards what to work for. Many mistakes are made throughout the organization which affect many other processes, but are not corrected efficiently.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a great experience with good opportunity and good people

Former Employee - Outside Salesman  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Salesman in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Bray Controls USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Superior product offering and great technology.

Cons

The territory was not large enough

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Intern  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bray Controls USA as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot interning for Bray. I interned there over the summer doing data entry using Infor ERP LN.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about Bray.

Wonderful Place to Work

I have been working at Bray Controls USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

New benefit offerings are very competitive with the marketplace as of April 1st and Bray truly wants its employees to have a healthy work/family life balance and that means a lot to me since I have children. The increase in 401K matching is better than the average so I can plan for my future as well! Everyone at Bray is so friendly and fun to work around!

Cons

Gorwing pains the company has felt since its inception - but this is really positive as the company continues to grow exponentially over its 26 year history. Wish Bray would recruit from more colleges and universities - we have a lot of Aggies!

Communicate with each other better and continue to grow the team!

Great experience, opportunities and work atmosphere

I have been working at Bray Controls USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bray is a great place to work, having a good balance of small company family culture feel, yet being an international corporation with lots of opportunities and exposure. The location is great and it seems like the company is doubling in size every couple of years. The company is becoming more dynamic and adapable to change and with a lean structure and higher emphasis on recruiting that before. Everyone has a lot of responsibilities, which means learning and chance to prove yourself.

Cons

401k and health benefits are not the greatest. There is a lack of HR presence and involvement.

Greater visibility and communication of company goals. More frequent employee reviews and training initiatives.

A stepping stone company for future opportunities

I have been working at Bray Controls USA

Pros

Good place to start if you want to play in the big leagues later. Lots of young talent coming in. Easy access to upper management communication, friendly people, flexible hours.

Cons

Subpar benefits and salaries. Company foundation with A&M is over rated. There are more talented and experienced people who are overlooked for same positions who hold same or better educational background from other schools. Management philosophy is taking a turn for the worse with recent hires. Lots of segregation if you don’t agree with their new philosophy.

Get more involved in the day-day functions of the company and listen to your employees. Careful who you hire for your leading roles as they have negative influence on others.

Bray Controls is a fast growing leader in the international valve industry.

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bray Controls USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flat organizational structure allows easy access to upper management and cross-office collaboration.
    Rapid growth opens up a wide range of opportunities that allow for a fulfilling work experience.
    Company has a wide global reach with offices all over the world.

Cons

Salaries are not the highest and not as dynamic as one would hope. Only addressed once per year, and are typically restricted by departmental budget allocations.
    Turnover is relatively high, so it can sometimes be difficult to develop a solid core team.

I would suggest they work harder at establishing more comprehensive compensation plans that better incentivize loyalty to the company.

Less than expected in the industry.

Current Employee - Designer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bray Controls USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work schedule can be flexible depending on manager.

Cons

medical, dental, and vision insurance are a joke. 401k is pathetic. a lot of arrogant "aggies". unstructured and unorganized.

get your s h i t together.

Worked for Bray Controls USA? Contribute to the Community!