Break Media

Updated Jan 29, 2014

Keith Richman

Very Professional in a Creative Space

Los Angeles, CA

ProsNice people, flexible hours. A great office space.

ConsPurely business orientated, they don't really care about the content or product.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about delivering a quality product, and people will care more overall.

Web Developer

Web Development (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Proswell located in the heart of los angeles, with lots of places to park as well as a great parking structure

ConsPoor, Misdirected leadership, management centric company, has some of the qualities of Initec (see movie office space). Unapreciative management and staff.

Advice to Senior Managementhire better leaders

Worst Company to Intern at

Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome nice coworkers and free soda. I did get my checks on time and the office is clean except the kitchen.

ConsTerrible pay and hard to figure out who's the boss. The office is too quiet and might as well work and a giant company for that.

Advice to Senior Managementneed communication otherwise no one knows what to do to help

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High Turnover in all departments

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsDecent benefits. Pay is good but if you don't advance quickly don't expect to stay long. Great for college kids though.

ConsCommunication between departments are always a fail. No one seems content. Otherwise there is no retirement plan here.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to be trained in basic people skills and management. HR hires over-skilled people for lesser positions and higher positions are under-trained and have no tenure, therefore communication and organizational issues are a constant out-come.

Disorganized at the top

Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood pay, most of the people are nice, and I guess the free soda was cool

ConsIdiots work at the top, so nothing gets done, and if it does get done, it takes months and months for it to happen

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't invest heavily in certain sectors then completely change your mind on that and end up having to lay people off. And don't be so glaringly sales-driven

interesting work, bad leadership

Senior Developer (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsLots of interesting projects to work on that look good on your resume. The choice of technologies used seem to be a good fit for what needs to be done. Non-mangement coworkers were pleasant to work with for the most part.

ConsPeople in management/leadership roles don't seem to want to work or aren't qualified to be leading. Developers seem to be valued less compared to product and content teams.

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure the people you put into leadership roles aren't being lazy

Good vision, acts quickly, could improve communication and comp

Los Angeles, CA

ProsSmart CEO. Fun content. Good work environment. Lots of different things to get involved with. Good momentum, very diverse technology to work with.

ConsAs with any fast growing company communication is a challenge. Some of it is communication from management, but some of it is also communication between departments.

A place growing fast, maybe too fast.

Managing Editor (Former Employee)

ProsDecent energy, young company and laid back work environment.

ConsDue to its rapid growth, there are a lot of moving parts, and few are interlocking in the way they ought. There's a lot of miscommunication and misunderstandings.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something well before moving on to something new.

Worked for Break Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Break Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Break Media CEO Keith Richman. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Break Media employees.