Breakthrough Events

Updated August 19, 2014
4.0

Brittany Jakubowitz

I have been working at Breakthrough Events

Pros

This is a free business school... a fast pace.. fast track to management, in 6-9 months, be your own boss running these events for $75k starting salary.... the.more shows the more u can make. Direct marketing rules!

Cons

You need to quickly build and rehearse your speech prior to your shift. So you end up needing to have a flexible schedule in order to be facilitated through the fast track to management.

Hurry up and come out with the web portal or I might need to build it myself to show my dedication to our little circle at the office! Lol! ASP.net and some coffee later... Shizam! ! ;-)

Crazy

Former Employee - Entry Level Management Specialist in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Entry Level Management Specialist in Frederick, MD

I worked at Breakthrough Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were friendly enough, coworkers really made this job worth my time, it's fun if you like having spontaneous conversation with shoppers about a product

Cons

high turnover rate, manager is not averse to shouting foul language directly at employees in private communication when not pleased with performance, changing location and products every 2 weeks can be hectic, climbing the ladder to management means putting personal goals outside of work aside, schedule is subject to last-minute alterations, expect to work weekends and expect to work much overtime

more work-life balance, treat humans as humans, don't gloss over the benefits part of a job as if it doesn't matter

“Started as an Intern then became the Asst. Manager in 1 year.”

Former Employee - Management Training Program in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Management Training Program in Frederick, MD

I worked at Breakthrough Events full-time (more than an year)

Pros

3 college credits. (Internship)
    - Letter of Recommendation. (Internship)
    - Huge resume booster. (Internship)
    - I learned more about business in 8 months then I did from 4 years at a University.
    - Became a more effective communicator.
    - Learned how to build relationships
    - Mastered the ability to sell & market different clients
    - Made 40,000 at entry level

Cons

Wish I could have stayed longer, personal issues forced me to stop working. Not many cons to be honest. I worked hard and played hard. Learned how to think, look, act, and sell like an entrepreneur. Became more effective in the business world and I learned a ton for it being my first job after college at the Univ. of Hagerstown

Just hope you guys the best and thanks for all of your help and support.

Being an HR Administrator at Breakthrough is the most rewarding job!”

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Breakthrough Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to see people that I bring in for interviews take advantage of a great opportunity, not only that I get to see them grow into great leaders but also the best managers. I consider my co-workers my family and am proud of each and every one of their success stories.

Cons

Their is nothing negative to say.

Keep being awesome!

“Promotion within, organic growth, what else do you need?!”

Current Employee - Entry Level Manager in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Entry Level Manager in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Breakthrough Events full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The relationships built not only with co-workers but also with HR and the management staff is outstanding. I've learned so much about the business world in general. We have the opportunity to teach, train, and develop others in a very close knit setting. It feels more like a family at Breakthrough than anything, definitely do not feel like I'm just a number here. The opportunity to make money is great, I am making more here then anywhere else I would be working using my degree! I've also been able to get promoted into an assistant management position after a short time of 16 months.

Cons

The only cons I could think of would be that there is ups and downs when growing through the training program, but at the same time there is ups and down in everything that we do in life. Nothing is meant to be easy and the management staff is upfront that not everybody will make it into a management position and that is another thing I like about it. What you put into it is what you get out of it!

None- All of you guys do a great job, keep it up!!!!

Love the energy and the employees!

I worked at Breakthrough Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've learned so much working for Breakthrough Events. It really helped me break out of my shell and become the type of person I always wanted to be, a leader. It is an awesome experience working for this company and I am so glad to have had an opportunity to meet such amazing and powerful leaders.

Cons

None, I ended up having to move out of state to follow my husband who is in the military.

Keep up the amazing work and super fun environment!

LIES AND LIES UPON LIES

I worked at Breakthrough Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing, all these "Companies" have the same exact reviews

Cons

Seriously look at BIG OPEN DOOR MARKETING, its literally word for word the same BS reviews, please young college kids do not be fooled by these lies, the company will pay you nothing and expect so much in return, i left this company and got a real entry level position for 22 dollars an hour plus commission, i hope someone reads this before accepting this terrible job

PAY PEOPLE !!!!!

Great Opportunity in a fun, upbeat environment

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Breakthrough Events full-time

Pros

I have learned so much being at Breakthrough Events. The skill sets that I am learning here can help me in any of my future positions! The environment and staff are upbeat and positive and the whole office is a team. If you are looking for a great way to kick start your career and are motivated by rapid growth and advancement than Breakthrough Events is definitely the company for you.

Cons

I don't have any cons.