Breg

Add Photos

Brad Lee

Outside sales representative

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsThis is a strong & growing brand in the Orthopedic post-operative space.
    The company is growing and stealing share from its largest competitors.
    As a rep there are many good products to feature and lead with that have advantages in the marketplace.

ConsIt is a tough grind for new reps to get attention from customers in this space. Plan on a 18 month lead time to be successful. There are direct and independent sales roles within the company. Non-company reps sometimes get the shaft from distributors that are cheap. Direct sales reps tend to be micro-managed by some of the RSM's.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to add people that will embrace the core values and not just recite them.
    Add products that are well priced vs. the competition not 20% higher

Too TOP heavy... Don't work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTraining is adequate here. work life balance can exist. Company is pretty transparent with how the company is doing.

ConsBreg likes to put on the facade that they live the culture but they don't. "A" players are butt kissers. If you don't kiss butt, expect to be a "B" and "C" player. This place is too top heavy, every other day another director or manager was being brought on board. Promotions are few and far between for some departments. Others who threaten to leave usually see more promotions. Oh, one last thing, Pay is a joke here.

Awful place to work!

Order Processor (Former Employee)

ProsI would say the only real pro is that unlike "Hotel California" I checked in, but I WAS unable to leave at the end of the day. I did have a very nice person that sat next to me who started employment at the same time and we helped each other when we were to afraid or intimidated to ask the department head for assistance.

ConsI sat next to THE most back stabbing person I think I've ever had the displeasure to meet, in my life. Apparently the cultural values were completely lost on her, although I believe they were lost on EVERYONE! Having to recite these "values" as if we were in the girl or boy scouts was absolutely absurd! Nobody seemed to actually live and work by these values. It was quite amusing to see after I left that they had even changed the wording of their "cultural values". LOL Three times a charm? Keep on working at it Breg, you might get there at some point. I felt like it was constant Big Brother looking over my shoulder and that the head supervisor was just waiting and watching to see who would make a mistake. I find one of THE most amusing and ludicrous acts by management was the 5 s experience in which they went around and took pictures of our desks when we weren't there (after we left for the day, I assume) and circled in red what is out of place. They then placed these pictures on the wall for all to see. When we corrected our "mistakes" or misplacement of said items, we were allowed to take our pictures down. I never did get that gold star :( Another thing: I understand that large companies need structure, however assigning when a person has to go to lunch and breaks without flexibility was kinda lame. Ms. Nosey pants next to me felt she needed to go tell the supervisor when I went at the wrong time one afternoon. Anyway, overall this place really sucked to work at.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your heads out and let people breathe and do their job without breathing down their necks and making them do stupid crap like reciting values that aren't even implemented!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Breg is a great place to work

Administration (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsWorking with the brightest talent in the industry...
    Great compensation + bonus has been paid each year I have been here.
    Technology at our fingertips.

The posts that list high turnover is not accurate - in what I'm told, we have the lowest turnover in the industry at a very low number - I'm just confused of why a poster would mention high turnover when we have been hiring so many, and very few have left.

ConsAlways a lot of work, but how I look at it, you can only accomplish one thing at a time.
    Competition is always around the corner.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo me, our senior management team seems to improve - from leadership to new product development.

A great company to work for with lots of opportunity for growth.

ProsGrowing at a very fast pace so you get exposed to a lot of different situations in a short amount of time.
    Casual dress
    Unlimited time off for salaried employees and a generous amount for hourly
    Benefits
    Friendly people; executive team is nice too
    Open communication from the President
    Culturally this company has a great thing going.

ConsRapid growht = midstream direction changes that some people might find difficult to deal with.
    Long hours are possible at times
    Turnover seems high but the new hires are great and seem to really know their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your team to have a work life balance. Make sure you live the culture and don't just preach it.

Not good. Huge turnover and people there will not train you.

Finance (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsCasual dress and "some" nice employees

ConsSuper unhappy employees. Management is only concerned with selling the company, so they only look at bottom line and let a lot of great experienced employees go and bring in lpwer salaried employees. People are always in fear of losing thier jobs, which is one reason they won't train. When they let someone go it takes 2 months to bring in someone else and co-workers are pushed to the limit trying to cover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking about your bonuses when you sell and think about the culture you are providing for the people there now. You have enough money, you don't have to step on people for a few extra bucks.

Not committed to employees

Administration (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsNice people who are dedicated and work hard

ConsBad communication.
    Executives are not honest with employees
    Huge employee turnover all the time
    They have more temps and consultants then they have direct employees
    Preference to upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with same dedication support that you treat higher management and executives.

Unscrupulous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsSome nice people
    Plenty of opportunity for growth
    Decent Pay

ConsBad Management – Poor Decisions
    Keep making bad decisions
    Some managers good but some are back stabbing and lie to your face

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at bad decisions over 6 months, shoudn't that tell you something

Poor Leadership

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsSome good people working very hard against turbulent environment.

ConsThey do not practice what they preach. Dedication to what they keep talking about as "employee culture" is non existent.
    Huge employment turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop preaching about culture and implement something you can live up to.

Silos, fingerpointing, chaos and knee jerk reactions abound.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPaycheck and some good people. Private equity owned. Opportunity to build capabilities and realize impact from contributions. Growth from acquisitions may provide opportunities to grow career and try new things.

ConsPace and amount of work. Unrealistic and often unclear expectations expectations, Overall poor executive leadership including lack of alignment. Executives act in silos and in best interest of self vs total organization.

Worked for Breg? Contribute to the Community!