Bremer Financial

Updated May 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeanne Crain

They treat employees very well, and offer a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Teller (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsEasy work, decent pay, good way to build relationships.

ConsPay could be a little better.

Great people, very boring work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat work/life balance, no stress

Conspay is very poor, no advancement opportunities, very bureaucratic and hierarchical

Advice to Senior Managementdon't just advance based on age/great ideas doesn't just come from veteran employees, give responsibility to others

Poor Management-lack of communication

CSA (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits the company offered were the thing that keeps people working there.

ConsLagging on technology, no room for advancement, very poor leadership, lack of communication, the CSA's do a lot of work promoting the bank and are usually the first person the public is in contact with, but they are the least appreciated and paid the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership at the local level had much to be desired. If there is something that needs to be addressed, then address it. Bremer usually only wants younger employees but there are many qualified people who are less than 30 years old that have a lot of experience and a lot of knowledge to offer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to get experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work environment. Upper management was respectful and helpful to employees

ConsDifficult to move into a higher position, not many openings available

typical bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosabove average benefits, many nice employees

Consreactive rather than proactive management

Great company to work for if you are fine with minimal advancement opportunities.

Phone Bank Personal Banker (Current Employee) Lake Elmo, MN

ProsFlexible hours, minimal sales focus, pay is decent for an entry level position.

ConsMinimal advancement opportunities. Lack of management concern for current employee growth. Minimal sales focus. Advancement attainable through personality and not knowledge and skill set. Management is more focused on dealing with poor performers versus recognizing high performers for the fact they are worried of hurting poor performers feelings.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your employees on all levels. Your entry level professionals work very hard for this company and do not get the recognition that they deserve.

Bank Teller

Client Service Associate (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsSmall community bank thats growing. Everyone from supervisor's to management is very friendly.

ConsFew opportunities to move up because people generally like working there and stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and find ways to retain your employee's that leave because there is few openings.

Work Life Balance

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsWork life balance.
    Friendly Co-worker, Family Atmosphere.
    Slow pace compare to other big bank.

ConsNot the place for people who love fast pace.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsCare for employees is real.

Conslimited opportunity reach a ceiling

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Company of Integrity, No Wonder Retention Rate is So High!

Client Service Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe first thing I ever did when I walked in to interview with the branch manager of a Minnesota Bremer location was ask, "What is the average tenure of an employee in this branch?" As she looked around, she paused a second, then replied, "Probably over 20 years."

Great company, great leadership, great technology (I since moved on to a larger bank and took a time warp in technology!), and it's a privately held company owned by its own foundation, so it doesn't report to shareholders like a publicly held corporation like a Wells Fargo or a JP Morgan Chase.

ConsBecause it's only in 3 states, the opportunities aren't as abundant when it comes time to move on. That's what happened when I was relocating within Minnesota... it's great that they were headquartered here and that retention is high, but in this case, it worked against me when I needed a new position in a new location, hence why I left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate at all levels, even down to the lowliest of tellers. It makes a difference!

Worked for Bremer Financial? Contribute to the Community!