Brendan Wood International

Brendan Wood

An Amazing Employer - Asia Pacific and North America

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Brendan Wood International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I was just awarded stock options and bonus options in 2013 well into the six figures in addition to my base pay in a firm which values my performance and I have never had to ask for such consideration. I trust the management and the management trusts me.

Cons

Management exerts performance criteria but needs to hire optimal support staff, nothing the best.

Maintain course, emphasize the standards which make our firm unique. Ours is the most respected firm in the industry for a reason.

I have been working at Brendan Wood International (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has a world class clientele, an outstanding reputation for the highest quality capital markets intelligence on the planet. Interns are offered unique opportunities to tackle serious challenges at a very early stage in their careers. The alumni and employees of this firm speak for themselves on the company web site. The genuine employee reviews ,where alumni and employees clearly identify themselves, consistently refer to an extraordinary learning curve and personal growth path. The firm pays its young people well, the benefits are good and there is a mandatory 4 week vacation plan for all employees. The training aspect is the huge advantage which distinguishes this as a learning opportunity and puts it in a class of its own. The company works in an open forum and the transparency is unique. Decisions are made on the spot, allowing young persons to quickly grasp the experience of the partners, listening in to the discussion on all kinds of issues and challenges. The firm is privileged to work on the most relevant issues in the world. Its inteliigence programs are all designed within the walls of the company and are independently financed by this firm's partners. The company is highly successful, owns its own building and uses no lines of credit, rather operates on shareholder capital. It is a model company ,operating with the highest standards of ethics and integrity as is well known to its clientele and alumni.

Cons

The standards are high for work ethic and integrity. Occasionally an intern fails to meet such tests. The company has sometimes been victimized by bitterness arising from employees who despite the firm's gracious exit procedures and severance ,exercise resentment before and especially after their departure. Fortunately, these experiences are outweighed by the positives but anonymous venom is distracting . I am amazed at the partners irrepressible patience and optimism. The name on the door and the company"s relatively small size make it an ideal target for those who are caught out by the standards which are rigidly enforced as they have to be.

Keep the 43 year tradition going and hire the best.

Good capital markets experienece

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Brendan Wood International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1) You meet nice people
    2) They can be flexible with your work arrangement

Cons

1) Can be stressful
    2) Your opinion isn't taken into account

better leadership

Best Learning Opportunity

Former Employee - ScholasticPac Rim in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - ScholasticPac Rim in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Brendan Wood International as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

If you are enthusiastic about the job, and willing to take advantage of the multiple opportunities BWI offers, you are able to learn about the global market within a month. I accepted this internship because I was curious about the financial world and I strongly believe no other company could have taught me so much about investment, finance, communication skills, persuasive skills, and data analysis all at once. I am glad I had the opportunity to grow professionally with a company like BWI.

Cons

Even though the Scholastic Internship Program is an amazing program, it is still growing and might need a bit more structuring to be done. I hhappened to be an intern when the project was implemented, which was 3 months ago, so I'm sure the past 3 months taught them what should be improved.

Excellent Opportunity

Current Employee - Panel Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Panel Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Brendan Wood International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The firm is fast paced and highly relevant to corporate executives and institutional investors. The management team delivers quality service to clients and has a great reputation in the market. The management team knows the industry and the most important players in the capital markets. The intelligence is second to none.

Cons

The company works as long as it needs to in order to fully satisfy their clients; client satisfaction is very high. The intelligence is highly relevant and incredibly useful to clients.

The firm should continue to build the business and the brand.

A Fantastic, Hands On, Exciting Opportunity!

Current Employee - Student in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Student in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Brendan Wood International as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The Brendan Wood Scholastic Internship Program is a fantastic, hand’s on, fast paced program that is complementary to the typical student lifestyle. The training and performance as an intern potentially leads the way to a long term career experience with Brendan Wood International and possibly through the remainder of a students academic career and beyond into professional life.

During my internship with Brendan Wood International I was occasionally exposed to Partner conference calls for development of intelligence products, program management, branding, portfolio management and consulting services.

Cons

Continue doing what you are doing.

The opportunity the internship program offers is designed for candidates to outperform the set targets and the firm’s rewards out performers in the program. My advice to management is to continue motivating and hiring students who want to succeed.

Internship Program

Current Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Brendan Wood International as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The firm is button down and pays attention to details. The firm has clients around the world and has a global reach to corporations and investors. The firm has a lot of momentum at the moment and seems to be growing its client base. The management team is creative and sharp. The management team works hard for their clients and delivers exceptional products and services. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from true professionals with years of experience in the business.

Cons

The company works hard however its clients are extremely satisfied and the firm has created a prestigious brand in the capital markets.

Please continue to deliver high quality products and services to clients. We have seen satisfied clients first hand.

Scholastic Internship Program

Current Employee - Scholastic in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Scholastic in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Brendan Wood International part-time

Pros

This is a fantastic opportunity to find out how the financial world actually works and allow me to discover what area of finance I have a passion for. The training is hands on and this unique program for full time students has helped me shape my career and expose me to valuable life long lessons.

Cons

Management means business. The Scholastic Internship Program is only for students who are serious about developing their professional career while managing a school schedule.

Management is extremely helpful and takes the time to teach each intern what the business is about and how to manage their time and think like an entrepreneur. This opportunity has allowed me to fully appreciate how an entrepreneurial business actually works. Please continue to hire students and provide them with great opportunities.

Scholar Intern Program

Current Employee - Scholarship in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Scholarship in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

The firm has a scholarship intern program for university students and there is many of us now. The learning experience at Brendan Wood International is just as good or better than learning at university. You speak with corporate executives and investors around the world and learning from these experiences. We are learning how the capital markets really works and why investors buy/sell stocks and their decision making process. The company has a lot of North American clients and many international ones as well. The staff has been flexible with individual's schedules and we are also able to continue the internship program during the school year which most of us will take advantage. The learning experience is one of the best I have every seen or heard of in the capital markets.

Cons

We were a little worried about speaking with global investors about stocks however the training program was great and gave us the confidence and tools to speak on the same level as portfolio managers with billions of assets under management. The management team is young however they have a plan and treat the interns really well. We believe this company has a lot of positive growth in the near future and we are happy to be apart of it.

Continue with the scholar intern program because the interns are learning so much and developing personal skills and traits we did not know we had.

Outstanding Firm, Integrity and Fairness, Extremely High the Teamwork and Mutual Support has made my Career an Exception

Current Employee - Managing Director/Former Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Managing Director/Former Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Brendan Wood International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am a longstanding and aspiring partner of BWI. We hire many interns and provide a wonderful opportunity for them to launch their careers. Thanks to the Chairman and our Partners the internship program continues despite the disparaging remarks of past interns who may not have risen to the opportunity presented to them. The firm’s compensation arrangements and benefits are generous and supportive as is the firms release program. In fact we support past interns with exceptional attention including financial support during transition, reference etc. The firm’s integrity and special care it affords to its employees is exceptional.

Cons

The environment is hugely supportive of individuals who want to meet a very high professional standard and achieve high levels of responsibility very quickly. To those who would be reasonably content in less demanding responsibilities in a larger institution our firm is the wrong place to be. If one is looking for a relatively easy going job BWI is not ideal. The firm insists on a high level of responsibility at an early stage in people’s careers. It would be unfair to tone down an overachiever environment and all the benefits that come with it to suit the person who is happy being the average. If you are looking for a firm which will tolerate averageness you are far better off in a more step by step career with an institutionalized firm. At BWI you will be communicating with CEO’s, CFO’s and senior professionals at a relatively early stage in your career. A great opportunity but a steep and demanding learning curve. If you aren't ready for that experience and challenge don’t pick BWI.

Keep innovating and creating extraordinary careers for young people who want to be the best. The firm’s services have 43 years of excellence as a track record. Continue the policy of tolerance and diversity and accept the fact that criticism accompanies the departure of those who signed on and whose performance does not meet the task.